Alexander House Wimbledon, London, London

Alexander House, in Wimbledon, is suited to a number of care challenges that include dementia care, thanks to a skilled and friendly team and versatile living environment.

The service is part of a Christian charity which looks to embrace residents’ connection to their faith, helped by a strong sense of empathy and compassion, with residents able to feel confident in the support and expertise of carers.

A welcoming environment and charming interior is maintained with regular attention to hygiene and cleanliness, while pleasant grounds are also popular with clients.

Group: Keychange Care

Person in charge: Rory Belfield (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Merton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 20 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £775 – £900

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Alexander House Wimbledon: click here

posted 4 hours ago

Respite room on first floor now available until Sunday 23 November a.m. for Residential/Dementia care needs. New enquiries welcome. Customers wishing to stay in this room must be able to either mobilise independently with/without a frame and be able to use stairs or stairlift

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Alexander House Wimbledon) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Alexander House Wimbledon

My father Andre Gillieron, who passed away aged 95 last month, stayed there for the last nine months of his life. It was chosen because the immediate impression we got when we first visited, was one of a large country house, where people stayed, not that of an institution where people were “placed”. We visited frequently, calmness, warmth and un-hurriedness seemed to always prevail. We were always greeted in a friendly and informal way. The staff trusted us and allowed us to carry out minor tasks for my father. The care he received was in my opinion exceptional, in spite of various age related problems that occurred, which could easily have been used as an argument for his removal. This was never, suggested. During one visit, we were invited to join a monthly residents discussion with residents, on how improvements could be made, even though we had brought a three year old grand-daughter to visit Andre. These qualities can only be seen as a reflection of the management attitudes, skills and ideas that prevailed, and I must mention those directly concerned, Rory Bellfield, Anne Moore, Susan Macarthy and Angelina Madeira. I can’t say that the last months of my father’s life were particularly good, but he was happy in Alexander House, and was provided with a level of care that could not be improved upon.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexander House Wimbledon? Extremely likely

Alexander House Wimbledon

Alexander House is far more like a home than a residential home. It has a lovely atmosphere, the staff are great and I feel my Mum's individual needs have been very well met. I would definitely recommend it, I love visiting my Mum, and feel very lucky to have found such an excellent place.

Alexander House Wimbledon

My aunt had been at Alexander for over 8 years. She was always well cared for. As a family we were always made very welcome and invited to all summer and Christmas events. She was allowed to stay at Alexander House until her death on 19 December 2014. During her last week it was evident how loving and caring the staff were. We will always be grateful.

Alexander House Wimbledon

Alexandar House has a lovely atmosphere, it is friendly and welcoming. The staff seem to be kind and helpful. I cannot speak about the night staff as I havn't met them but everyone in the day seem to be very caring.

Alexander House Wimbledon

Staff at Alexander House are very caring and attentive. They genuinely care. Good quality accommodation. Good understanding of my mother's needs and willingness to provide personal care.

Alexander House Wimbledon

Alexander House has a pleasant homely feel to it, the staff are attentive, caring and friendly and know all the residents by name. The character building also has a lovely garden which is often used for afternoon tea when the weather is suitable. The food is all freshly prepared on site and there is a good variety of dishes. All in all a very nice place to spend your twilight years, after a settling in period my Mother-in-Law is now very happy there.

Alexander House Wimbledon

My mother spent a very happy year in Alexander House before her death. I am SO grateful to ALL the staff for their many kindnesses and good care. I was abroad when my mother died. Her last day was in hospital, and she was visited by one of the care staff who was OFF DUTY. She sat with my mother for quite a long time. You couldn't wish for better staff.

Alexander House Wimbledon

I spent several months looking for a care home for my father who has Alzheimers. When I visited Alexander House for the first time (on the recommendation of a neighbour) I was struck by the friendly, homely atmosphere - it is my dad's new home and not an institution.

Submit a Recommendation for Alexander House Wimbledon

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Alexander House Wimbledon

Care Home Manager

Up to £35,000 per annum (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
London

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Alexander House Wimbledon