Birchwood Residential Care Home

406 Clayhall Avenue, Clayhall, Ilford IG5 0TA

Birchwood Residential Care Home, Ilford, London

A forty-four capacity residential care home, Birchwood is a modern care service which adheres thoroughly to regulatory recommendations and takes every effort to protect the well-being of its residents.

While being highly-trained in innovative care techniques, Birchwood's staff look to combine their expertise with the establishment of a homely and welcoming social atmosphere and a by giving residents every opportunity to pursue a lifestyle of their choice.

A number of activities are available for residents to take advantage of, while key workers, general practitioners and physiotherapists are regular visitors to the home.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Audrey Parathan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Redbridge Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 44 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Birchwood Residential Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Birchwood Residential Care Home is based on 12 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.790 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.245 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.545 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.790 for Birchwood Residential Care Home is based on 12 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.245 for Birchwood Residential Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (41 Excellents x 5) + (91 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 139 Ratings = 4.245

The Quantity Score of 4.545 for Birchwood Residential Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

The home is very clean ie. no smells at all.

The staff are helpful, friendly and efficient.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood Residential Care Home? Likely

I highly recommend this care home. The facilities are great and suit my family member well. The care given by the staff is exemplary. They have a lot of patience and are very experienced in dealing with service users that might otherwise be difficult to deal with. Their patience is greatly appreciated as is their professionalism.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood Residential Care Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt was treated with kindness, care and dignity at Birchwood. She was happy there.

My mother has lived in Birchwood for ten years. I have just travelled from Australia for two weeks to celebrate her 100th birthday. She came to Birchwood when she was ninety. With love care and understanding from all the staff, her last ten years have been extremely happy. For me living such a long way away, it is such a great peace of mind knowing that she is so well looked after and so happy. Once again, I can't thank the amazing staff enough.

While satisfied with the care he is receiving I feel as a self funding resident the fees are far too high for the home and the facilities in it.

I cannot compare to other homes but I would recommend Birchwood to my family and friends.

I would certainly recommend Birchwood to other people. I have been at Birchwood for only a few months, but have enjoyed being here.

I would recommend Birchwood to people. I wanted to stay in my own home but Birchwood is now my home.

My stay at Birchwood has been excellent, I would tell anyone to come to Birchwood it is very friendly.

I am very happy at Birchwood and I have made some friends and get to chat to them everyday.

I would recommend Birchwood to family and friends. I love being here and I am very happy.

Although not been able to go many times to see my aunt, I have always found the place clean, tidy and the staff most helpful. Unlike some private care homes I know in the South, they seem to organise a good range of functions and activities for the residents. My aunt has to me always commented favorably on her time there.

Submit a Review for Birchwood Residential Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Birchwood Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Birchwood Residential Care Home