Birchwood Residential Care Home, Ilford, London

A forty-four capacity residential care home, Birchwood is a modern care service which adheres thoroughly to regulatory recommendations and takes every effort to protect the well-being of its residents.

While being highly-trained in innovative care techniques, Birchwood's staff look to combine their expertise with the establishment of a homely and welcoming social atmosphere and a by giving residents every opportunity to pursue a lifestyle of their choice.

A number of activities are available for residents to take advantage of, while key workers, general practitioners and physiotherapists are regular visitors to the home.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Christine Thomas (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Redbridge Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 44 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Birchwood Residential Care Home: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.3 for Birchwood Residential Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

While satisfied with the care he is receiving I feel as a self funding resident the fees are far too high for the home and the facilities in it.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

I cannot compare to other homes but I would recommend Birchwood to my family and friends.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

I would certainly recommend Birchwood to other people. I have been at Birchwood for only a few months, but have enjoyed being here.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

I would recommend Birchwood to people. I wanted to stay in my own home but Birchwood is now my home.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

My stay at Birchwood has been excellent, I would tell anyone to come to Birchwood it is very friendly.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

I am very happy at Birchwood and I have made some friends and get to chat to them everyday.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

I would recommend Birchwood to family and friends. I love being here and I am very happy.

Birchwood Residential Care Home

Although not been able to go many times to see my aunt, I have always found the place clean, tidy and the staff most helpful. Unlike some private care homes I know in the South, they seem to organise a good range of functions and activities for the residents. My aunt has to me always commented favorably on her time there.

Submit a Recommendation for Birchwood Residential Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Birchwood Residential Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Birchwood Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Birchwood Residential Care Home