Sharnbrook House, Bedford, Bedfordshire

Sharnbrook House is situated within the village of Sharnbrook between Bedford and Rushden. It is set in extensive gardens with its own lake and terraces. The home itself is very spacious with large windows allowing the light to flood in. The home has period features, both inside and out.

The home is managed by Greensleeves Care, a not-for-profit care organisation.
All meals at Sharnbrook House are freshly prepared by the chefs and take residents' personal preferences and dietary requirements into account.

On duty 24-hours a day, the home’s dedicated multi-disciplined team, provides high-quality care to meet individual resident’s requirements. All residents’ views, choices and preferences contribute to the daily running of their home.

Strong ties with the local community ensures regular interesting visits to the home. A regular programme of activities is organised with engaging pursuits provided daily.

Group: Greensleeves Care

Person in charge: Pat Laing (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bedford Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 30 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Italian, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Sharnbrook House: click here

No Bed Vacancies

posted 06 Dec 2016

we do not have any rooms at present, but should you wish to view please contact Pat Laing (Home Manager) on 01234 781294 to arrange a viewing

9.7 Sharnbrook House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.717)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Sharnbrook House is based on 13 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.717 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.85 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.867 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 9.717 for Sharnbrook House is based on 13 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.85 for Sharnbrook House is calculated as follows: ( (132 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 153 Ratings = 4.85

The Quantity Score of 4.867 for Sharnbrook House is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sharnbrook House?

Reviewer Connection to Sharnbrook House

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

12 Reviews* is 4.8 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 12 reviews. Ratings from the 1 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

Following an unexpected five-month stay in a hospital, I had the dubious task of finding a care home for my Mum and luckily came across Sharnbrook House. As soon as I walked in, it felt like a home from home. Clean, friendly, cosy, relaxed and a beautiful setting. The home manager is an angel and the rest of the team are close behind. Nothing is too much trouble, every need is catered for but everyone who lives there is treated with respect and dignity and encouraged to be as independent as possible. This is the resident's home and the staff are there to help and care where needed. Mum has been there a year now and belongs. It is her home and she is thriving.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

Mum moved into Sharnbrook House in January 2016. She had been living in her own flat but over the previous year had been in and out of the hospital as her health and mental state declined. Sharnbrook was one of the first care homes we looked at, and having visited several, my sister and I had no hesitation in placing mum in their care. From our very first visit, Sharnbrook just felt 'right' for mum and we knew she would be well cared for.
We weren't wrong and although her stay was short, she was treated with care, compassion, dignity and friendship all the time she lived there. Mum passed away peacefully in her room in June and my sister and I were with her until the end.
The staff treated us with the utmost compassion and did everything to make mum's passing peaceful, tending to her with kindness and extending that same kindness to our family. We wish we had placed mum in their care earlier and know that her final months were spent somewhere she felt safe and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

While visiting a dear friend at Sharnbrook House we were received by staff and were very impressed by the warm welcome, we were shown into a family room and a carer brought our friend along in her wheelchair. There were four of us tow with disabilities. The carers were very helpful and made us feel welcome and relaxed. It had been arranged for us to have dinner with our friend and we must emphasise on the service and how good the food was.
Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The food was excellent. This is the second time we have visited our friend at Shaenbrook House and both times we have commented on how clean, tidy and friendly the home is. Our friend is very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

My mum had always been of the mind that she never wanted to go into a care home. Injury circumstances resulted in mum being admitted to Sharnbrook House for six weeks of respite. Living in Scotland I was very worried mum would be unhappy. I phoned every other day and it soon became apparent that mum did not want to leave. Mum told me that she was happier than she had been for years. The manager has been great and has arranged for my father of 90 to join mum next week. I arrived yesterday and was overwhelmed with the reception from staff and the immaculate condition of the home. I had an aunt in a close by home and Sharnbrook far exceeds this. I am so pleased mum and dad are here. It would be fair to say its a hotel for the elderly.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

The staff are amazing and caring. The food cleanliness etc is outstanding. I could recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

I came here straight from the hospital and I was most welcomed and made to feel at home immediately. I always had a fear of going into a home but Sharnbrook House alleviated my fears almost immediately. The staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The lovely meals were well presented with a great choice. I quickly decided it was the place I wanted to be and am now going to stay. My husband is going to join me next week for respite and should he like it as much as I do we will both stay on together to live our life in peace and happiness. I cannot rate Sharnbrook House highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

Sharnbrook House has provided a wonderfully, calm, peaceful environment for my mum. She is very happy and regained some of her self-confidence. All of the staff are cheerful, friendly, helpful and respectful. The house has a lovely atmosphere and is excellently managed by all that work there. I can't recommend it highly enough!

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

Remarkable is the only way to describe the improvement in my mother’s mood after only three weeks of arriving at Sharnbrook House. How wonderful to visit a happy lady, who feels included and cared about. No longer lonely and feeling helpless, she is enjoying the very good choice of meals in the lovely large dining room. What stands out for me are the lovely team who work in and run this beautiful old house. It soon feels like your own home and that they have known you for ages. You can see signs that the person you care about is getting the attention you are anxious for them to receive. A good choice of activities where everyone is encouraged and given the confidence to join in. My mother’s room is not ensuite but this has not been a problem with easy access to facilities on each floor. A cup of tea is always available. We are so pleased that my mother has a happy home and are confident that she will be well cared for in the years ahead.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been very happy and contented at Sharnbrook House. She settled in easily has a nice room and the housie is run well and in a caring way. Its good value too. I can't fault it!

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

Warmly welcomed by management, found all the staff friendly and helpful with a professional attitude towards residents also family and visitors. Rooms warm and inviting with activities laid on for residents. A very nice dining are laid out in restaurant style, also a lovely area to sit and look out at the lovely gardens down a seated corridor for the residents and guests visiting, also the carers to sit and chat to the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

We were very pleased with the level of care provided for my aunt. I could not imagine her having been in a better place. The staff took care to get to know my aunt and what she liked/disliked. She passed away in December and was looked after well throughout her illness.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

I cannot speak highly enough about the quality of care being provided for my aunt. All of the management team and all members of staff have a commitment to provide friendship and really good care to all residents. My wife and I have just been abroad for two weeks and it has been such a relief to know that we could relax and have no concerns about my aunt.

How likely would you be to recommend Sharnbrook House? Extremely Likely

I already knew a lady resident, whom I visited regularly. I was very impressed with the friendly and caring attitude of the staff, the high quality of the food supplied and the extremely attractive interior of the house. So I has no hesitation in applying for a place there for respite care for my 94 year old sister. I have been more than satisfied with the care she received throughout her stay.

No Average Rating is available*

Submit a Review for Sharnbrook House

Pat

Pat Laing

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2015

Hello, my name is Pat Laing and I am extremely honored to be the manager of Sharnbrook House.
The team at Sharnbrook House ensure the residents are seen as individuals and they are encouraged by the staff to continue to maintain and enjoy their pastimes to the full.

Sharnbrook House is a 19th century period building situated in idyllic grounds with terraced gardens and pathways leading to its own lake. Sharnbrook House benefits from being in the hub of the village with all the local amenities within a short walking distance.

Sharnbrook House has always been part of the local community and all the staff team and volunteers continue to embrace the village spirit.
I pride myself on always making myself available to all who come into contact with the home and will always find the time to sit and discuss any issues that may arise or just have a chat over a cup of tea.

The staff team and myself strongly believe that all who come into contact with the home should have a positive experience, whether they are residing or just visiting.

I personally believe that this is each individual’s home, not just a care home, where family and friends are always welcome.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sharnbrook House