Milliner House Care Home, Luton, Bedfordshire

Milliner House is located within a residential area on the outskirts of Luton, Bedfordshire, a purpose built 40 bedded property offering Dementia, Residential and Mental Health care.

Reflecting Luton’s long standing association with the hat industry Milliner House is separated into four residential areas with each area being named after a style of hat. There is a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Milliner House pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Charles Leonard (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Luton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Milliner House Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.7 for Milliner House Care Home is based on 51 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.743 is made up of 4.743 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Efficient staff and management in place, care is excellent, highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Visited 15th Jan to see my aunt. She is comfortable. The staff are very attentive and professional. They discussed the care plan and her health. They we very reassuring to me which was very comforting.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

On visiting my mother over Christmas and New year I lost my gold bracelet. It was found by a member of staff at the home and returned to me the next day. As the bracelet has great sentimental value I would like to thank the staff for their honesty.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Mum took quite a long time to settle, but staff have been patient and caring in helping her to adjust to her new surroundings. Mum's weight dropped a little, but this was quickly picked up by staff, who weigh her regularly and monitor her food intake carefully.
Mum has recently begun to join in with activity sessions which is a great breakthrough on behalf of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My wife and I when visiting our friend always find this home clean and tidy. No unpleasant smells and she is very well cared for. We would recommend the home to anyone needing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother is weighed regularly and when mum was found to have lost some weight staff informed me straight away and told me of their plans to support mum in recovering the lost weight. This was important to us as a family because mum is of a slight build and we are thankful for the prompt action and care of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Always put the residents care and wellbeing first. Excellent in keeping in touch with regards to my mums care. e.g Resident of the day.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I was taken for a drink and thoroughly enjoyed it. It made a special occasion to my 74th Birthday.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mum has been living at Milliner House for over a year and I am very happy with the care she is given. Great staff who are very approachable and are very helpful and caring. Residents look well looked after. My mums room is spacious and clean. Well run care home. I am happy with my mother in this establishment.

Having a review of my care, it makes me feel alive and not a number, a person residing in this home. I've been in other homes but this is the best by far.

I am so pleased with the care that my relative receives in Milliner House and have been touched by the efforts made to afford as much dignity and self esteem as possible under challenging circumstances. I was particularly touched that a carer made the effort to call me to check out a potential cultural/religious issue relating to dietary needs.
I receive regular updates to ensure that I am kept in the picture but I fully trust that the best efforts possible are being made on a day to day basis.
The culture of care is led from management through all levels of staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very proactive in all levels of care. All staff and management are caring carers!

I am more than happy with every aspect of my mother's care. The people who look after her are more than kind to her. I can't praise them all enough. She finds her food very appetising and her room warm and comfortable. I can find no faults at all with my mother being in residence at Milliner House.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I am very happy with the care my husband is receiving. He is treated kindly and with dignity and consideration at all times, both by the carers and management. Although his condition is deteriorating progressively as dementia always does, his treatment is monitored and adjusted where needed. I feel confident that he is getting the best possible care at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Likely

I visited my friend today. We enjoyed lunch with her and during our visit were made to feel welcome by the staff. My friend is being well looked after and shows much improvement in the time she has been here. She has been my friend for forty years.

Visited my relative today. We had lunch provided during our visit and made very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My father came to Millner House at the beginning of February 2015, initially for respite but he is now staying here as he is totally immobile. He is content but stays in his room, not wishing to participate in activities or eat with the other residents. He has moved into a bigger room which is very nice. The staff are friendly and helpful, any any issues are dealt with.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Likely

All good, no concerns. Lovely staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Likely

Only a stay for 5 days but it was the best home. It has such wonderful caring staff and managers.

My appearance of the care home was just excellent, the management and staff were out on their own. Good care, good food and extremely friendly staff. 100% on all services.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Clean, friendly home. Food and drink are excellent, all of my mums needs and cares are dealt with by the home but I do think the fees are too much.

Mum seems very settled here. She seems secure and safe. She is also complimentary of the staff, who come across as caring and helpful. Well done.

My mother has been a resident for several week and has settled in well, she is well cared for and both her eating and walking has improved since her admission, largely due to the help of the staff. I would recommend this care home to anyone thinking about residential care.

Mum has been in the home for a number of years, during that time she has gone through a number of mood changes and the dementia has got worse. The staff have been very good in coping with all the changes in her condition. There have been a number of staff changes during this time, but the care has always been to a high standard. Says a lot for the management within the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Milliner House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very pleased with how our mum is getting on her. She seems very happy and I am sure she would say if she had any problems.

The care given to my dad whilst in care here has been outstanding.

Nursing home well managed. The rooms are clean and well equipped with furniture to meet patients needs.
Staff are very friendly, caring and professional. All staff members are very approachable, although they are very busy they will always stop and listen to any concerns you have.
Overall a great home and my family and I are very happy my mum is in this home. Excellent manager who is caring and approachable.

This care home cares for residents needs. Staff are caring and efficient. The care home is well run and kept, it is clean and caters for many needs. The residents are settled and cared for.

Whenever I have visited my mother at Milliner House I have found the home very clean and the staff very helpful. In my opinion my mother is very well cared for.

This is my first experience of a care home so was not sure what to expect. The staff all work very hard and are cheerful and obliging. Residents are kept clean the same as the building. Meals are very variable. Activities are on going for those who want to join in. My husband is content which is a comfort to me. A good atmosphere.

Outstanding facilities, care and staff.

The staff here are aware of my mothers needs and are always happy to inform me when I have any questions concerning her care. I think the general atmosphere in the home is good. I think the home is well run and kept clean. The food is good and the menu varied. My mum seems settled and happy.

I would recommend Milliner House for the following reasons. The residents are well looked after. I am always informed if there is a problem or anything I want to talk about, they are easily approachable. I personally think that each home is only as good as it's manager and Charles is very good. He cares about residents and the staff.

The carers at the home are wonderful to my mum. Lovely atmosphere at the home. Mum has a bright large fresh room. The food is good.

My Aunt gets looked after so well. The staff are so caring and friendly. Sylvia gets lovely meals and teas. She has been so ill lately and the staff have been brilliant.

I came for a viewing, I was very pleased with the telephone conversation my brother had with the home. This home is very suited to my aunts needs.

My mother has been here since 2008, she has been very happy here, and although her dementia has advanced considerably, her care here has been exemplary. The staff are very good, caring, friendly and work hard to keep the residents safe & happy. The food is always good and wholesome and the menu is varied. The rooms all have a toilet and a washbasin and are kept clean & tidy, as are all the communal rooms. An excellent care home.

I cannot fault the care home. It is well run, caring staff, meals very tasty, home well decorated. Activity coordinator on site.

Very clean, lovely big rooms done out beautifully. Lovely lounges x2 on each floor, lovely dining rooms x2 on each floor, fag area. Great staff and management, good facilities bought in from outside (hairdresser etc)

All facilities are excellent.

Mum has made excellent progress re weight, mobility and cognitive function compared to when she entered.

We have always found the management and staff very helpful and caring to our mums needs. My mother seems very happy and settled.

Very well managed home; staff are very caring & attentive. Family meetings held every month with senior staff members at which time you can deal with any concerns you might have. The managers door is always open for you to discuss any problems you might have.

I have always found the staff very kind to both my husband (who has dementia) and myself. The home is comfortable, clean & homely. Nothing is too much trouble. I am sure my husband is in the best possible place to give him the considerable amount of care he needs.

Good care, support and regular updates on care plan.

Fantastic home, staff and food excellent.

This care home is excellent in its care and understanding of its residents. The facilities are wonderful and the cleanliness is second to none. I would be very happy to recommend this home to anybody who has a relative with theses particular needs. Relatives are always welcome to visit at any time, and there are no hidden secrets.

i live quite far away from the residence and when ever I visit at the weekends the staff always have time for me to talk about Paulines care and needs. They make me feel welcome. The staff always keep in contact.

Submit a Review for Milliner House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Milliner House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Milliner House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Milliner House Care Home