Alexandra House

Marine Parade, Dovercourt, Harwich CO12 3JY

Alexandra House, Harwich, Essex

Alexandra House combines professional residential care with a friendly environment, with personally tailored care packages and staff dedicated to a 24-hour service.

The aim is to help individuals achieve a fulfilling later life, with peace of mind and security, a respect for personal interests and a person-centred direction to all care provision.

With the property having been converted from a private hotel, Alexandra House residents enjoy scenic grounds, including views of the seafront, and an interior adapted to suit reduced mobility.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 47 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Alexandra House: click here

9.4 Alexandra House has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.391)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Alexandra House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Alexandra House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.859 for Alexandra House is calculated as follows: ( (61 Excellents x 5) + (10 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 71 Ratings = 4.859

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.532 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Alexandra House is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.4 positive Reviews (47 registered beds ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 9.4 Target = 0.532

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Alexandra House?

Reviewer Connection to Alexandra House

I cannot fault Alexandra House. The care and support they have provided for my nan has been outstanding and all the staff are very friendly and my nan loves them!

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra House? Extremely Likely

I have a lovely room overlooking the sea and my wife has now moved in, so that brings me great comfort knowing she is here.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra House? Extremely Likely

Hayley Salter, Home Manager at Alexandra House responded to this review on 11 May 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience so far of Alexandra House. I am so pleased that you are enjoying the views from one of our lovely sea view rooms. I will share your comments with our team.

I have been lucky enough to move into Alexandra House to be with my husband. I have a fantastic room overlooking the sea and the staff have been very nice. The food is good and if my husband is unable to make it to the dining room, we can have our meals together in his room. There is a good activity programme but we have yet to attend as my husband does not always feel up to this. Overall I am very happy to be here at Alexandra House.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra House? Extremely Likely

Your feedback regarding Alexandra House is much appreciated. I am really pleased to hear that you are happy with the Home. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team.

I am so pleased to have finally moved into Alexandra House. It was a big decision for me to make but I am positive it was the right one. Being able to bring in my own furniture from my home, is a really big comfort for me, so it continues to feel like a home from home. I am positive that I will enjoy living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra House? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your experiences to date at Alexandra House. I am so pleased so hear that your have settled in to your new Home. With very best wishes from all at Alexandra House.

Fantastic views- good care are provided and always felt welcome. My aunt was there for respite and she really enjoyed her stay- staff made it positive for my aunt to return home with their support as she regained her confidence- our one and only choice of where we wanted her to stay. Thank you Alexandra House and also MHA.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra House? Extremely Likely

Hayley Salter, Home Manager at Alexandra House responded to this review on 13 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experiences of Alexandra House. I am so pleased that your Aunt’s respite stay with us was so successful. I will ensure that your comments are shared with our staff team.

The staff are very good with my mother and patient as she can be very awkward at times.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra House? Likely

Vanessa Pratt, Home Manager at Alexandra House responded to this review on 11 Jan 2016:

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad you feel we are very good with your Mother. I will pass on your comments to the staff team.

Submit a Review for Alexandra House

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Alexandra House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Alexandra House