Belamacanda, Little Clacton, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Belamacanda
Belamacanda

Belamacanda is a twenty-two bedroom residential care home that is ideal for the needs of people with physical disabilities, for both short and long-term requirements.

Carers have a wide range of experience in helping with numerous health conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Huntingdon's, stroke and spinal injury, maintaining an environment that contributes to mental health.

A Clacton-on-Sea location is an excellent community in which to enjoy outings to places of interest, with coastal views proving popular and relaxing amongst residents.

Owner: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Mike Melton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 22 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £770 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £770 – £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Belamacanda: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Belamacanda

(single no en-suite)
posted 07 Apr 2014

November 2009

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.6 for Belamacanda) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Belamacanda on Tuesday 8 April 2014 by Rebecca James (Resident)

The staff are nice, have made lots of friends here. The vegetarian food I have for myself is good with the best chef. I enjoy the Karaoke and disco nights with the weekly clubs.

Review of Belamacanda on Thursday 18 July 2013 by Margaret L (Mother of resident)

My son was very happy whilst at Belamacanda. The care was excellent, and communication between the management and myself was faultless.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 19 June 2013 by Peter H (Friend of resident)

Very good to excellent. Always clean and well cared for. Stimulated care - 'not left to run' or to seed!!

Review of Belamacanda on Monday 3 June 2013 by David Pike (Brother of resident)

Caring, dedicated staff. They go the extra mile to make the residents life as full as they possibly can.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 29 May 2013 by Phillip Y (Resident)

I would recommend this home to anyone. I have been in a N.H.S home and your lucky if you have your own t.v. I wish that we could be more aware that homes of this standard exist. All the times I have had an escort to hospitals and as a amputee all my needs are looked after. I will be more than happy to come back to Belamacanda being a ex service an I recommend this home to any injured soldier.

Review of Belamacanda on Tuesday 3 July 2012 by David Johnston (Brother of Resident)

First class care and very happy home with excellent staff.

Review of Belamacanda on Friday 22 June 2012 by Ida M (Mother of Daughter who is a Resident)

My daughter has been at Belamacanda for many years now. They have their own freedom as well as good care. It is more like family than a regimented home. I could recommend it to anyone.

Review of Belamacanda on Friday 15 June 2012 by Ashish K (Resident)

I love the trips out. The staff are good with me and I like my karaoke and a new mini bus to take us out. Friday nights out at the Gateway Club.

Review of Belamacanda on Friday 15 June 2012 by Trevor Scott (Resident)

I did not hesitate to live here. I came here on respite and I don't want to go home, this is my home. The staff are fantastic. I have never felt so comfortable since I was married. I was in my flat and stuck indoors and now my life has changed since I have been here and I want to stay here.

Review of Belamacanda on Friday 15 June 2012 by David B (Resident)

I am alright here.

Review of Belamacanda on Friday 15 June 2012 by Helen H (Resident)

I would seriously recommend Belamacamda to a member of my family or a friend. I appreciate the care I receive from the staff and management.

Review of Belamacanda on Friday 15 June 2012 by Bernie Saffill (Resident)

The staff are excellent. The home is very good, I can recommend it to anyone and if I do have a problem it’s dealt with straight away. The trips are good we go out a lot. We get a good choice of food. It’s very comfortable, TV in every room, large TV in the lounge and dining room. It’s like being at home with staff at hand.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Terry Knight (Resident)

I like the trips and holidays that I go on. The food here is nice. I get on well with the staff, they are helpful.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Robert Butcher (Resident)

Good care staff who listen. Good trips out. I recommend Belamacanda.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Anna Johnston (Resident)

I would recommend Belamacanda to friends. I have friends and enjoy going out.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by John Donovan (Resident)

I am very happy living at Belamacanda. I would recommend it to my family and friends if they were in the need of residential care to come and join everyone at Belamacanda.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Scott H (Resident)

We are given a great variety of food. The staff do an excellent job and make my home a lovely place to live. I very much enjoy my trips out and my preferences are catered for. The home is decorated and vastly improved through decoration work and facilities.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Lisa Robinson (Resident)

We are given good choices with our food. I greatly appreciate the choice we are given. I love the pictures around the home. I feel proud to have visitors. I find the staff in general very respectful and they treat me like a person and make me feel at home. I tend to prefer to opt out of activities, but when I do choose to join, the activities are excellent. The staff go out of their way to make activities fun.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Shirley Hunt (Resident)

The food is a 10 out of 10 and the staff I like. The manager I like too. The home's decor is beautiful and the holidays are wonderful. My room is very nice.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Daniel Lawrence (Resident)

The food is very nice. I like the management and all the staff, and I like all the residents. I enjoy the day trips that I go on.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Prudence A (Resident)

The staff are very good, I have a good laugh with them all. I find management very approachable. I have enjoyed all my holidays abroad. Since I have been here I have been able to access the community more. I have met lots of nice people here, and made some very good friends.

Review of Belamacanda on Wednesday 13 June 2012 by Jean C (Resident)

I would recommend Belamacanda to friends or family. I like living here and have many friends. I enjoy all the activities and day trips. I think the staff are easy to talk to and friendly.

Review of Belamacanda on Monday 11 June 2012 by Tracey Henshaw (Resident)

I only came here for respite in 2007, I like it and stayed. Very helpful staff with nice food to accommodate you. Plenty of activities and trips out nice and modern so my aunty says. Lots of BBQ's, parties. Lovely room and feeling safe. I love the way they help other residents.

Review of Belamacanda on Monday 11 June 2012 by Rebecca Miller (Resident)

I have lived her since 1989. Lovely home, I get up when I want, it’s my family home and I have the best of everything. I feel relaxed and can talk about what I like with good activities, great food, very friendly staff and a cool manager. Even the owners always make a visit to see me. I love living here.

Review of Belamacanda on Monday 11 June 2012 by Lianne Boley (Resident)

Belamacanda is a brilliant home and it’s nicely decorated. The staff and management are outstanding because they are easy to get on with. The food is impressive and outstanding. The staff and management are excellent at promoting independence. The trips we go out on are fantastic.

Submit a Recommendation for Belamacanda

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Belamacanda and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Belamacanda

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belamacanda