Belamacanda, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex

Belamacanda is a twenty-two bedroom residential care home that is ideal for the needs of people with physical disabilities, for both short and long-term requirements.

Carers have a wide range of experience in helping with numerous health conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Huntingdon's, stroke and spinal injury, maintaining an environment that contributes to mental health.

A Clacton-on-Sea location is an excellent community in which to enjoy outings to places of interest, with coastal views proving popular and relaxing amongst residents.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Mike Melton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 22 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £770 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £770 – £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Belamacanda: click here

posted 13 Jul 2015

single no en-suite

The user 'Review Score' (8.4 for Belamacanda) is based on 2 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Belamacanda

I have lived here for almost six years and it has brightened up my life the support is amazing and the staff are excellent. The food is fantastic and I can't recommend it more highly. My room is excellent as are all the rooms, all rooms are deep cleaned on a regular basis, plus the usual cleaning every day. We have a spacious dining room with a tv and there are tea/coffee making facilities for all to use if able otherwise there are always staff on hand to make you a drink. There is a computer room and a nice lounge with another large screen tv., all our rooms have tv's as well, some residents have Sky freeview and some of the residents pay for the Sky package which I am included in. Overall the home is excellent and I would like to thank Black Swan for making my life so much better.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 20 Jul 2015:

Thank you Ian, we are delighted that you are so happy at Belamacanda and appreciate you taking the time to publish such a wonderful review.

Belamacanda

The staff are nice, have made lots of friends here. The vegetarian food I have for myself is good with the best chef. I enjoy the Karaoke and disco nights with the weekly clubs.

Submit a Review for Belamacanda

November 2009

There are no jobs posted yet for Belamacanda

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belamacanda