Belamacanda

172/174 The Street, Little Clacton, Clacton-on-Sea CO16 9LX

Belamacanda, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex

Belamacanda is a twenty-two bedroom residential care home that is ideal for the needs of people with physical disabilities, for both short and long-term requirements.

Carers have a wide range of experience in helping with numerous health conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Huntingdon's, stroke and spinal injury, maintaining an environment that contributes to mental health.

A Clacton-on-Sea location is an excellent community in which to enjoy outings to places of interest, with coastal views proving popular and relaxing amongst residents.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Mike Melton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 22 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages 18+. Ages 18+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £770 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £770 – £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Belamacanda: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Belamacanda is based on 23 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.761 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.761 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.761 for Belamacanda is based on 23 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.761 for Belamacanda is calculated as follows: ( (222 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 276 Ratings = 4.761

The Quantity Score of 5 for Belamacanda is calculated as follows:

3. (22 Positive Reviews ÷ 22 Registered Beds) x 2 = 2.000 (maximum score = 1)

My father died, I was not able to get in to tell my daughter (resident) about this. I phoned the office and they told her and handled the situation very well- offering her as much support as was necessary. I am extremely happy with the care and support my daughter receives here.

Living here is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Don't know

I have lived here for a number of years and I have found the care here very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Likely

The care and support is brilliant, the food and drink is amazing here. The day trips and holidays here are brilliant, the staff and management are really good. Since I have been here it's like my home and I enjoy it very much here. The entertainment here is brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I first came here as respite for 1 week, the care and support was excellent, the food and drink here is excellent. The day trips and trips abroad are brilliant and the staff and management are really good here.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I'm very well treated, always have someone to talk to e.g manager, staff. To access any other activities outside the home, staff point you in the right direction and sort it out for you.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Likely

I feel safe, the staff are good and I attend day centers and travel on the homes mini bus. I love karaoke and disco and do a lot of countdowns for special days.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I love talking to my friends on facebook and enjoy using our new sensory room. We do music and movement, we have karaoke nights and enjoy activities and events

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I like being at Belamacanda because theirs always a happy atmosphere and I can always count on the staff to make me happy. I love socialising and laughing with residents and staff. In the dining room at meal times. I also like that I have the opportunity to be able to use the home sensory room with a projector so I can now watch my favourite movies.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

A very well run and friendly care home. I would like to receive minutes for mum's review meetings so I can keep updated. I do no know when she last had a review. I am very happy with the care my mum receives. Staff are very hard working and dedicated to all the residents. My mum has lived here 11 years we are always welcomed and looked after when we visit. Thank you Belamacanda.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law is very happy at the home and that is my main concern.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I count myself very lucky that I'm able to live in a beautiful home with lovely staff and fresh cut flowers every week. The facilities here help you feel safe and clean and always protected, they've got up to date showers and a bath that helps cater to any needs. The staff are always on call to make you happy every step of the way.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Since I have been here at Belamacanda I have had an excellent experience because the home does a lot of activities, day trips and holidays and the staff and management are all excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Since I have been in Belamacanda all the staff have looked after me excellently the food here is excellent. Since I have been here I have staff to take me out as and when e.g drs, hospital and always so you don't have to worry about getting back to the home because we have a minibus.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Since I have been at Belamacanda my experience is excellent because the staff are excellent, if I want to watch television or a film. A member of staff will always bring a cup of tea down to my room and food, the food here is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Since I have been here it feels like home, residents and people are friendly, staff are excellent the food here is brilliant, the day trips here are fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

We have always been impressed by the level of care provided in both health and personal well being.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I have family members whom work with the team at Belamacanda and I thoroughly enjoy getting involved at Christmas parties and Summer Fetes etc. I work in care myself and am always incredibly impressed by the staff's passion for their work at Belamacanda.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Warm welcome on visits and wonderful help on the telephone on my weekly calls to my niece. This is a very valuable way to stay in regular contact as I live a distance away. I have a great respect and praise to all the staff who make extra activities e.g holidays, days out etc possible for the residents. I thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 07 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your comments.

I am always amazed at the freedom they have. People in their own rights. I also like the camaraderie that goes between residents and staff there are lots of banter and laughter.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 05 Apr 2016:

Freedom and independence are paramount, thank you for your lovely comments.

I love it here, we have lots of entertainment and plenty to do with day classes and karaoke once a month, and I am able to visit my family at weekends.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I am so pleased you are enjoying your time at Belamacanda.

I am happy here, good meals, nice friends and I can come and go when I please. I use the homes transport. I also have a lovely room.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 02 Apr 2016:

Thank you John, lovely comments!
I am glad that Belamacanda is a place you are proud to call home.

I have lived here for almost six years and it has brightened up my life the support is amazing and the staff are excellent. The food is fantastic and I can't recommend it more highly. My room is excellent as are all the rooms, all rooms are deep cleaned on a regular basis, plus the usual cleaning every day. We have a spacious dining room with a tv and there are tea/coffee making facilities for all to use if able otherwise there are always staff on hand to make you a drink. There is a computer room and a nice lounge with another large screen tv., all our rooms have tv's as well, some residents have Sky freeview and some of the residents pay for the Sky package which I am included in. Overall the home is excellent and I would like to thank Black Swan for making my life so much better.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 20 Jul 2015:

Thank you Ian, we are delighted that you are so happy at Belamacanda and appreciate you taking the time to publish such a wonderful review.

Submit a Review for Belamacanda

November 2009

There are no jobs posted yet for Belamacanda

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belamacanda