Mid Meadows, Frinton-on-Sea, Essex

Mid Meadows is a versatile care facility, with an twenty-one person capacity, that welcomes services users with a range of personal care needs, including physical and learning disabilities.

The home's interior offers a spacious environment and a pleasing atmosphere to enjoy a relaxing daily lifestyle, while allowing carers to achieve a professional and efficient service.

Some conditions that carer's expertise has been proven to be effective in treating include cerebral palsy, Huntingdon's, head injuries, stroke and multiple sclerosis.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Beverley Barnes (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 21 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Residents age 18+. Ages 18+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £790 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £790 – £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mid Meadows: click here

9.9 Mid Meadows has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.904)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Mid Meadows is based on 16 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.904 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.904 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.904 for Mid Meadows is based on 16 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.904 for Mid Meadows is calculated as follows: ( (152 Excellents x 5) + (14 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 167 Ratings = 4.904

The Quantity Score of 5 for Mid Meadows is calculated as follows:

3. (16 Positive Reviews ÷ 21 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.524 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mid Meadows?

Reviewer Connection to Mid Meadows

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Mother of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

3 Reviews* is 4.8 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 3 reviews. Ratings from the 13 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

My wife has been at Mid Meadows for 12 -13 weeks. The care home is first class. The care has been brilliant, and the food she has had is very good. The people who work at Mid Meadows have picked me up at home and took me home. Thanks for this.

How likely would you be to recommend Mid Meadows? Extremely Likely

When visiting our daughter we have always found all the staff are pleasant and very helpful. The standard of hygiene and care are excellent. The food she receives is always very varied and of high quality. Because of the high quality and care that my daughter receives here we feel happy to leave her here.

How likely would you be to recommend Mid Meadows? Extremely Likely

I have only been here for just over 3 weeks and I have settled in really well. The staff have been amazing. I have made some really good friends. It's a lovely house, the food is amazing. I would really like to stay here if I can.

How likely would you be to recommend Mid Meadows? Extremely Likely

I am happy living here, I've been here for several years. I have met a lady that lives here who is very friendly. Staff help us to go out and go on holidays together.

No Average Rating is available*

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Mid Meadows responded to this review on 16 Sep 2015:

Thank you for you comments Kevin. We are so glad you are happy here!

I've been at Mid Meadows for about six years. I wish I was able to be in my own home but I know I could not cope with this. I am happy with the way things are, staff are friendly and helpful, they make it a pleasant place to be. Management are helpful and help me to sort out any issues I have.

No Average Rating is available*

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Mid Meadows responded to this review on 04 Sep 2015:

Thank you Bruce, you are correct in that we can never replace 'home' but that will never stop us trying.

I come here every year because I enjoy being here. I want to move here to live all the time and make this my home. Staff are helpful and friendly. The manager helps me when I want help.

No Average Rating is available*

Thank you so much for your kind comments Martin.

I am very satisfied living here. Everything meets my requirements. Staff are friendly and helpful. Management are keen to help whenever they can.

No Average Rating is available*

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Mid Meadows responded to this review on 14 Aug 2015:

Thank you John, it is always wonderful for us to receive such fantastic feedback.

Considerable disability (physical) due to epilepsy.

No Average Rating is available*

Friendly staff. Good food, clean and tidy.
Sea front and shops five minutes away and local public house two minutes walk.

No Average Rating is available*

I am very happy and content living here. The carers are all helpful and kind to me. There is always lots going on but I often choose not to take part but when I do I enjoy the activities. The food is very good I enjoy my meals.

No Average Rating is available*

I really enjoy living here. The staff are helpful and they encourage me to do more things for myself. I enjoy going on holiday and hopefully will be many more with great staff. The management staff are helpful and Bev and Jayne are two of the best management team I could ask for.

No Average Rating is available*

Excellent place to live, the staff are always there to help you and listen to your concerns. I am happy living here and I'm happy to stay here.

No Average Rating is available*

I think its a fantastic home and the staff always make me laugh. They are always helpful to me. The food is fantastic, always a good choice. I go on holiday with the staff each year to Gt Yarmouth and have a great time.

No Average Rating is available*

I have been at Mid Meadows for 11 years. The staff have always given me all the assistance and care I need. They create a happy atmosphere and put a great effort into activities.
Mid Meadows is a pleasant happy environment to live in, and they try very hard to assist with all our needs.

No Average Rating is available*

Carol came in for respite when her father had to go into hospital for a couple of months, then she had to return permanently when he became terminally ill.

No Average Rating is available*

Carol had to come into Mid Meadows when her father became terminally ill. She has been there for four years.

Submit a Review for Mid Meadows

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mid Meadows