Mid Meadows, Frinton-on-Sea, Essex

Mid Meadows is a versatile care facility, with an twenty-one person capacity, that welcomes services users with a range of personal care needs, including physical and learning disabilities.

The home's interior offers a spacious environment and a pleasing atmosphere to enjoy a relaxing daily lifestyle, while allowing carers to achieve a professional and efficient service.

Some conditions that carer's expertise has been proven to be effective in treating include cerebral palsy, Huntingdon's, head injuries, stroke and multiple sclerosis.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Beverley Barnes (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 21 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Residents age 18+. Ages 18+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £790 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £790 – £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mid Meadows: click here

posted 11 Aug 2015

Single en-suite in brand new extension

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Mid Meadows) is based on 17 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Mid Meadows

I am very satisfied living here. Everything meets my requirements. Staff are friendly and helpful. Management are keen to help whenever they can.

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Mid Meadows responded to this review on 14 Aug 2015:

Thank you John, it is always wonderful for us to receive such fantastic feedback.

Mid Meadows

Considerable disability (physical) due to epilepsy.

Mid Meadows

Friendly staff. Good food, clean and tidy. Sea front and shops five minutes away and local public house two minutes walk.

Mid Meadows

I am very happy and content living here. The carers are all helpful and kind to me. There is always lots going on but I often choose not to take part but when I do I enjoy the activities. The food is very good I enjoy my meals.

Mid Meadows

I really enjoy living here. The staff are helpful and they encourage me to do more things for myself. I enjoy going on holiday and hopefully will be many more with great staff. The management staff are helpful and Bev and Jayne are two of the best management team I could ask for.

Mid Meadows

Excellent place to live, the staff are always there to help you and listen to your concerns. I am happy living here and I'm happy to stay here.

Mid Meadows

I think its a fantastic home and the staff always make me laugh. They are always helpful to me. The food is fantastic, always a good choice. I go on holiday with the staff each year to Gt Yarmouth and have a great time.

Mid Meadows

I have been at Mid Meadows for 11 years. The staff have always given me all the assistance and care I need. They create a happy atmosphere and put a great effort into activities. Mid Meadows is a pleasant happy environment to live in, and they try very hard to assist with all our needs.

Mid Meadows

Carol came in for respite when her father had to go into hospital for a couple of months, then she had to return permanently when he became terminally ill.

Mid Meadows

Carol had to come into Mid Meadows when her father became terminally ill. She has been there for four years.

Mid Meadows

I am very pleased with the care my son receives at Mid Meadows. The staff team give consistently good care. There has been an improvement in the number of quality activities provided.

Mid Meadows

Caters for disabled provides excellent all round care.

Mid Meadows

The staff were close and worked very well together. I was in respite for 1 week, the staff were so brilliant/excellent that I am going to stay there for my 6 weeks each year. I found that the staff were so pleasant that it rubbed off on the clients. Nothing was too much effort for the staff and they tried very hard to meet the residents wishes.

Mid Meadows

It is a very welcoming home with pleasant atmosphere. I felt at ease almost from the first day of visiting. The staff are all lovely and treat everyone with dignity and respect. I have spoken to a lot of the residents there, asking if they were happy with the home and they all are! Is that not lovely? We tried hard to get Stuart a permanent place there and were over the moon when he got accepted! credit where credit is due!

Mid Meadows

I would recommend this care home to anybody. The staff are very caring and friendly.

Mid Meadows

My husband was in this home for six weeks. It is the friendliest home I have been to. It is definitely a 'home from home'. They care, really care. They are friendly, helpful, and very lovely. It is not posh, but clean. The other residents all got on. I personally would recommend Mid Meadows. It is caring and loving that counts above all else, and they have time for each and everyone, and they have such patience. Top marks.

Mid Meadows

Value for money better than Bupa. Staff and management are helpful and friendly. I am thinking of staying and make this my home I have been happy here. I got treated like a human being here.

Submit a Review for Mid Meadows

February 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Mid Meadows

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mid Meadows