Mundy House Care Centre, Basildon, Essex

Mundy House Care Centre, in Basildon, is an elderly care facility that specialises in residential care.

Residents have personalised care packages and receive a service that respects their independence, while pursuing innovative care methods and incorporating new sector technologies wherever they may aid users.

The centre has its own bar and cafe, good wheelchair access and is located close to shops and amenities, allowing residents to remain as active as possible within the community.

Group: Larchwood Care

Person in charge: Josi George (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 58 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Mundy House Care Centre: click here

The user Review Score of 8.9 for Mundy House Care Centre is based on 13 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.916 is made up of 4.468 Points relating to the ratings and 4.448 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I like Mundy House.
I danced a lot at Xmas and New Year time.
The staff are excellent.
They care for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Likely

I am very pleased by the care given to my mother. She has been a resident at Mundy House for seven months now and her overall health as improved significantly. My father and myself are able to be with her everyday, so the natural distress caused by not being able to stay in her own home has been kept to a minimum. All the staff are very caring and helpful, and I have no complaints at all. I am happy to recommend Mundy House

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Josi George, Home Manager at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 08 Dec 2015:

Thank you June for taking the time to leave this review, we really do appreciate the feedback we get from residents and their families. We strive to provide the highest possible level of care and support to our residents and we are so glad to hear your mother is enjoying her time with us.

My mother has lived in Mundy House for approx. 4 years. She is well cared for and I feel loved by the staff. I find the staff friendly and helpful and do listen and react when things are not as good as i would like for my mum. The home always smells pleasant so I would say the domestics are of a good team and a huge asset to Mundy House. The new home manager is a bonus to the residents and relatives. He is excellent on needs, kindness and everything else which a residential home needs.

Josi George, Home Manager at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 04 Dec 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we appreciate all of the comments we receive. At Mundy House, our staff work as a team to ensure the comfort of every individual resident and we are pleased to hear this has been your experience.

My nan has been a resident at Mundy House for four years now and I cannot fault the care and attention she is receiving. All the staff are friendly and really dedicated, such lovely people. Nan's room is kept clean, tidy and overlooks a well kept garden. The manager is a wonderful man and makes such an effort to ensure the residents are well looked after. I would definitely recommend this care home.

Josi George, Home Manager at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 29 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, we really do appreciate the feedback we get. We strive to provide the highest possible level of care to our residents and we are pleased this has been your experience.

I put plus on my options because I strongly support Mundy House and cannot find fault. My mum has been in Mundy House 4 years and is 95 years old a fine age. With the great care received from all the staff. Mum's always clean washed dressed and tidy. Mum's bedroom is bright clean. Clothes clean and hanging in the wardrobe. The room over looking the well kept garden. Food top marks. Great care is given to our loved ones. I have never seen any wrong doing, never heard a raised voice. A friendly happy home.

My nan has been a resident for 4 years. The care has been excellent and the staff are caring and considerate to her needs. The facilities are clean and a variety of activities are on offer to fill the days. There is a well kept garden for the residents to enjoy. All the staff are friendly and very professional . I would recommend this care home as a very good alternative to home help.

Very friendly and welcoming staff, Residents treated with care and patience. Secure garden to walk/sit in during reasonable weather. Internally the d├ęcor is satisfactory. The only issue is access to Mundy House car park when the schools finish during weekdays. Parents block the access road with poor parking! Emergency vehicle access?

Josi George, Home Manager at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 14 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Through our kind, considerate and friendly employees, we strive to provide the highest possible level of care for our residents and we are glad that this has been your experience. We are contacting the authorities to bring the issues around road access to their attention and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

My Wife and I regularly visit her Mother in Mundy House (at least weekly, on different days). Her other Daughter visits regularly on a Sunday.
We have always found the Staff and Carers very helpful and kind to all of the residents. My Mother-in-Law is extremely happy and has drastically improved her personal attitude to life since she has been in Mundy House.
She likes all of the Staff and has made friends with the other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Josi George, Home Manager at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 30 Sep 2015:

Colin, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear that your mother-in-law is happy at the home and that she has established some valuable friendships with the carers and other residents. We aim to provide the best possible standard of care for our residents and it is great to receive feedback that we are achieving this.

Since Mum has been a resident in Mundy House, she has had the best care that we could hope for. The manager is always very helpful if we have any queries regarding Mum. The staff are very caring also.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review Margaret. It's so pleasing to hear that your mum is enjoying her time at the home. Maintaining the positive mood of our residents through our compassionate and high-spirited staff is extremely important to us at Mundy House and it's great to hear you have noticed how welcoming and pleasant they are.

My father's health has actually improved considerably since becoming a resident at Mundy House.
It is a massive relief for the family knowing he is in such good hands.
Regular good food from number 5 rated kitchen from the hygiene standards agency is all part of the experience my father enjoys. Rooms are adequate and staff very friendly...

Keep up the good work,
Thank you Mundy house.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Richard, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our friendly team at Mundy House strive to create a pleasant dining experience for our residents through serving them three nutritious, high-quality meals a day. We are pleased you are happy with the standard of care your father is receiving.

My Father has been a resident of Mundy House for a little over a year now and I have to say that everyone involved with the running of this home has the best interests of the residents at heart.
My Father suffers with dementia as well as a number of other illnesses and the core staffs assigned to look after him on a daily basis are first class caring individuals who will go out of their way to make him feel comfortable and more importantly comforted when he feels confused.
All involved in the running of Mundy House face challenges every day with so many different types of care required for their residents, but my experience of the way they handle themselves whilst working with very limited budgets is extremely pleasing. I am so glad that my Father is part of this lovely little home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Likely

Thank you Rob for sharing your review with us. At Mundy House, we aim to ensure that our residents are cared for with the utmost kindness through employing a team of friendly, attentive and sympathetic staff and we are glad your father feels so comfortable.

I attend the home on a weekly basis and find the staff to be attentive and caring. The home is very clean and all residents are treated with dignity and care. Should the need arise I would seriously consider recommending/using the centre to friends and close family.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Rebecca Green, Media Assistant at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 21 Sep 2015:

Gill, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our team of staff at Mundy House are committed to maintaining a pleasant living environment for all and we are glad to hear you are happy with the high-standard of care being delivered.

My Parents went in there in Oct 13 and my Mum passed in Feb 14 my Dad is still in there. I have found the home mindful of the needs of my Dad and when things need to happen for him they do. I only have to mention it once to the staff and it's sorted, it's a great weight off of my mind. He is now 89. There have been management changes since he went in and the now Manager is a kind and caring person who is not averse to assisting with the care . They have commenced a programme of repairs and changes to the home which have improved the fabric of the building and interior, but it's really down to the staff - I have nothing but praise for them, they work tirelessly to give my Dad a good rest of life for him, the care shown when my Mother passed was second to none. They have an amazing entertainment woman who sorts out the activities. Dad loves the food and Mum thought it was a hotel when she first went in there. I would recommend giving this one a look if you need a caring home for your relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Mundy House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Rebecca Green, Media Assistant at Mundy House Care Centre responded to this review on 18 Sep 2015:

Ray, thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. We strive to achieve a consistent high standard of care across all our homes and our staff at Mundy House are committed to ensuring a relaxed and pleasant living environment for all. Our dedicated Activity Coordinator is efficient in organising a range of interesting activities for our residents and we are pleased to hear of your parent's involvement and engagement in them.

Submit a Review for Mundy House Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mundy House Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Mundy House Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mundy House Care Centre