Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Oakdale Residential Home, Benfleet, Essex
Oakdale Residential Home
Oakdale Residential Home

Oakdale is a delightful home in Benfleet, Essex providing care and support for up to 27 older people with dementia. The home is conveniently located close to the local town with good public transport links. The house has been extensively refurbished to provide a friendly and warm environment with 'hotel standard' accomodation. There are a number of spacious lounges and dining areas for residents and their families to enjoy and a beautiful, secure garden. The staff at Oakdale provide the best quality care and support for their residents embracing the values of person-centred, individualised care. 1st Choice Care Homes has been awarded Investors in People accreditation, which means that the care staff receive the most up-to-date training and support.
We have a dedicated activities co-ordinator providing a wide range of entertainment and activities. Our chef provides an excellent choice of home-cooked food every day.

Owner: 1st Choice Care Homes

Person in charge: Melanie Tucknott (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 27 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £600 , Personal Care Shared (per person) from £600

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Oakdale Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Oakdale Residential Home

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Oakdale Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Tuesday 1 April 2014 by David D (Nephew of Resident)

I have noticed a significant improvement in my Aunt on each visit until today when she seems very happy and contented and almost back to her old self like she was before her break down in February 2013, considering the fact that she only went to Oakdale in October 2013 her recovery since then has been incredible.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Thursday 27 March 2014 by Phil S (Son of resident)

We were looking for a home for our mother (aged 88) and decided that for her the most important criteria for the selection of the right place was personal care for her as an individual. We were impressed by the manager and her staff at Oakdale and particularly their understanding, as a team, of how to make each individual feel well cared for, supported and respected. In addition the place feels calm and relaxed which importantly creates an atmosphere where we knew our mother would feel comfortable. Knowing that she is well cared for is such a comfort.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Beatrice Green (Resident)

It is a beautiful place. They really care for you. They cater for you and your needs. No set times, which I love. I can't fault this home. Would definitely recommend. Plenty of good food.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Wednesday 9 October 2013 by Norman Chisman (Husband of resident)

All staff very helpful and friendly, especially Mel the manager. Very adaptable and amendable, particularly when faced with a difficult situation by one of the residents. Really welcoming to me dining with my wife every lunchtime.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Friday 14 June 2013 by Janet B (Wife)

My husband has been a resident at Oakdale for the last seven months. I feel the care and attention he has received during this time has been second to none and something I could no longer do at home. The staff are hard working and caring and the quality of the food provided is excellent and the facilities are outstanding. Overall I feel Oakdale provides exactly what my husband and other sufferers of dementia require.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Wednesday 15 May 2013 by Valerie carracher (daughter of resident)

My mother was in hospital two years ago having broken her hip which meant that she could no longer look after herself. We only had a couple of days to find somewhere for her to live as once deemed fit, she would be discharged. I met the manager, in the hospital which was a very fortunate meeting as my mother has been looked after as well as any close family member could but with expert care thrown in. My mother never stops smiling and whereas before she was anxious when I left her, she feels very happy and secure. We are welcomed at any time of the day or night and have been made to feel as part of the family. If we feel we need to contact them for any reason, they are always happy to oblige. The staff have been an excellent support to both my mother and my family.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Monday 11 February 2013 by Marion M (Daughter of resident)

Oakdale was recommended to me by 5 nurses. One from hospital, one from the district, one who owned a nursing agency, another who is a tutor from a college and from a retired nurse. Oakdale is very well run. It does not smell which is lovely and healthy. The staff are wonderful, nursing to a very high standard. Food excellent.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Friday 25 January 2013 by Claire (Daughter of Resident)

I visit mum on different days and times and have always found every member of the staff, from the manager through to the administrative and domestic staff are unfailingly polite, friendly, caring and supportive to my mother and myself and my family. It is a great comfort to know that mum is safe and well-cared for. We are very pleased with the overall care, the standard of the catering and the effort the activities co-ordinator makes to provide something for everyone to do/enjoy. The rooms are comfortable, kept clean and tidy and there is ongoing redecoration and refurbishment. The management is excellent, with the best interests of the resident always first, the first-rate staff always seem to have their finger on the pulse and record keeping is very good. Everyone is made to feel a part and are valued for their part and far from losing my mother to dementia I feel I have found an extended family.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Wednesday 2 January 2013 by V.Saunders (Daughter of resident)

My mother has been a long-term resident at Oakdale, and she considers it her home and she thinks of the staff as her friends. She is happy and safe, which is a great relief for me knowing that she is well cared for and secure. My mother's needs are extensive and complex due to her being deaf and paralysed. However, the staff and Manager go above and beyond the basic care required to make my mother comfortable. The food is good quality and there are always drinks offered to residents and visitors. There is also an activity timetable which my mother often participates and enjoys which gives her a purpose in life. Oakdale is definitely a Home from Home residential care home which makes the visitors and residents feel welcome.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Friday 21 December 2012 by Betty Doreen S (Wife of Resident)

The home do have outings and I am allowed to go with them which is very nice to be able to be with my husband. Also the home is in walking distance from my home. My mother was also in this home for a short stay while I had a holiday. The hospital gave me the name of Oakdale. I think Oakdale is one of the best. I have visited a lot of homes in this part of Essex.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Wednesday 5 December 2012 by Jackie and Paul Salisbury (Daughter and son in law)

The Manager and her team of dedicated carers have looked after Mum with dignity, compassion and genuine care, we cannot praise them enough, at a very difficult time. The home is the best place for Mum and the staff always go beyond what is required. We are always greeted with respect and a cup of tea, and the whole experience is a positive one. Mum is in good hands.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Saturday 17 November 2012 by Ian (Son of Resident)

I looked at many care homes before deciding on Oakdale. It stood out from the crowd. It felt so homely and welcoming I knew it would be the best place for Mum. All the staff are excellent but I must mention the manager because she has been a fantastic support not only to Mum but the whole family during some difficult times.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Monday 1 October 2012 by Kevin T (Nephew of resident)

Oakdale is a care home that does care about it's residents. When visiting my aunt she is always happy and content and feels very comfortable and safe at Oakdale. The carers go to great lengths to occupy the residents with games, puzzles, quizzes and conversation on a one to one level, about the residents personal history, likes and dislikes. This enables the carers to create a personal care plan for each individual resident and this is a great comfort to me.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Monday 6 August 2012 by Brian Garnett (Son of Resident)

Staff go above and beyond what they are required to do. They are worth their weight in gold. My mother's safety is never compromised and we are always consulted no matter how trivial the problem. We are always greeted with a smile and a cup of tea. Our involvement is very much encouraged. My mother's health and wellbeing is top priority. We have every confidence in the way my mother is treated by the exceptional staff at Oakdale.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Wednesday 20 June 2012 by Ken Stanton (Son of Resident)

We had arranged for our mum to move to Oakdale. Five days before that, the agreed date, Mum was diagnosed with lung cancer. Oakdale's response was 1st class and gave us the support we needed in a difficult time. Mum's care was excellent right through to the end. We could not have wished for a more considerate and sympathetic staff/management team.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Friday 8 June 2012 by Gwen K (Daughter of Resident)

This care home is the best I have visited, I have friends who have parents in other care homes, they are not looked after like my mother is in Oakdale. I have recommended this home to my friends who have elderly parents and point out what they do for my mother, its excellent and gives me peace of mind knowing she is looked after.

Review of Oakdale Residential Home on Wednesday 6 June 2012 by Kevin T (Nephew of Resident)

Oakdale is a home full of care. A lot of thought is put into the daily timetable for residents. The staff put a lot of effort into the activities and entertainment they arrange for all the residents. But I feel them most important thing they do is talk to the residents and encourage them to communicate with one another to create a real community feeling. As a visitor the staff are always friendly. informative and kind.

Submit a Recommendation for Oakdale Residential Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Oakdale Residential Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Oakdale Residential Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oakdale Residential Home