Oakdale Residential Home, Benfleet, Essex

Oakdale is a delightful home in Benfleet, Essex providing care and support for up to 27 older people with dementia. The home is conveniently located close to the local town with good public transport links. The house has been extensively refurbished to provide a friendly and warm environment with 'hotel standard' accomodation. There are a number of spacious lounges and dining areas for residents and their families to enjoy and a beautiful, secure garden. The staff at Oakdale provide the best quality care and support for their residents embracing the values of person-centred, individualised care. 1st Choice Care Homes has been awarded Investors in People accreditation, which means that the care staff receive the most up-to-date training and support.
We have a dedicated activities co-ordinator providing a wide range of entertainment and activities. Our chef provides an excellent choice of home-cooked food every day.

Group: 1st Choice Care Homes

Person in charge: Melanie Tucknott (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 27 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £600 , Personal Care Shared (per person) from £600

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Oakdale Residential Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Oakdale Residential Home) is based on 20 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Oakdale Residential Home

My sister is being well-cared for and helped. She is unable to walk, and is partially sighted so does need extra help which she gets willingly.

Oakdale Residential Home

Staff are all friendly, professional and go the extra mile at all times to ensure my mother feels relaxed, empowered to ask for help at any time. The management are proactive in ensuring both resident and family are free to ask anything at anytime. Although they must be busy we as a family always feel my mother is important to them and we are so welcome at the home. My mother smiles all the time and is so pleased with all the staff.

Oakdale Residential Home

My Aunt who is 95 years old has been in Oakdale for 4 weeks and her quality of life has improved immeasurably. They have live music and films to enjoy and also a hairdresser etc to see to the residents needs.

Oakdale Residential Home

My wife was admitted as a dementia patient last December. The staff are very aware of the needs of the people they are caring for. There is always a nice feeling when you enter the home, always available and pleased to greet you. Myself and my family are very grateful to all of them for the dignity and care they show to everyone. We thank them all.

Oakdale Residential Home

My mum went into Oakdale late in 2014 after a period where her dementia had deteriorated to the point where dad was really struggling to cope. Although, it was initially very wrenching for all concerned, we now feel that we have really fallen on our feet with Oakdale. The care provided by the hard-working and attentive staff is second to none and I am confident that mum is receiving the best possible care. More than that though is the ambiance of the home. There is no sense of "us and them" between the staff and residents, it feels more like an extended family. This is driven from the ever-enthusiastic home manager, but pervades the entire staff and residents. The decor and general feel of the place is also more like a home than care home. Mum's state of mind obviously varies from day to day with the dementia, but she looks physically very well from the excellent food and care, and is also very comfortable and "at home" now that she has been there for several months. Everyone is very welcoming to guests no matter what time of day or night we drop in, and they have also gone to great length to help my dad in adjusting to his new situation of living alone and visiting mum. As a family we're all extremely happy with Oakdale and can't recommend it enough to others who may find themselves in the same position.

Oakdale Residential Home

The staff look after my Mother's daily needs excellently, they always have a warm welcome for the visitors with the obligatory cup of tea or coffee offered. The staff are friendly and accommodating under superb leadership.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakdale Residential Home? Likely

Oakdale Residential Home

I should note at the outset that one of my brothers has already commented and I would echo his observations. Additionally, I should note that we researched local care homes by visiting, searching for on-line reports and by asking around. The most telling positive feedback for Oakdale came from, among others, a former local Councillor, a GP and, perhaps most persuasively, an ambulanceman who has been called out to many care homes in the area and had only good things to say about Oakdale and the level of care he had observed there. This put our minds to rest even before we met the manager whose assessment of needs was prompt, thorough and sensitive. Although only a matter of weeks we are very happy with the care my father is receiving and with with the reception we receive every time we visit.

Oakdale Residential Home

A wonderful home. All the staff are so caring and friendly. When my father moved in they were focussed on providing him and my mother with support. He has already shown a health improvement. They are always welcoming when we visit. One other thing to note, when my father moved in their priority was looking after Dad, the paperwork and financial details very much took a back seat and only needed sorting once he was settled. Mel, the manager, is brilliantly welcoming.

Oakdale Residential Home

The above care home is second to none. My sister has been in there just over on year. In all that time she has been very happy. We visit once a week and are greeted with smiles (and a lovely cuppa) she has a good time on 'craft' day which keeps her brain active, as for the lovely care and food, excellent, couldn't be bettered.

Oakdale Residential Home

Very caring - nothing is too much trouble. Food is very good - very patient when residents can be difficult. Visitors are made welcome. All activities are excellent. The recent garden party was outstanding - it was enjoyed by everyone - including visitors.

Oakdale Residential Home

Oakdale has been my mum's home since October 2013 and she is the happiest she has been for the last 10 years. She loves living there and she also loves all the staff! Who are all wonderful. Each and every one of them goes above and beyond what is required of them. Mum looks forward to meal times as the food is delicious. There are lots of activities arranged every week. I would recommend Oakdale to anyone who is looking for a loving and caring home.

Oakdale Residential Home

This is a happy, bright, cheerful home with caring staff that take really good care of my mother. Because I live overseas, I worry that my mother is properly taken care of, but I have no concerns since my mother moved to Oakdale. There is as all-pervasive atmosphere of caring and cheerfulness that starts with facility manager and is embraced by all the staff. This is not the first care home my mother has stayed in, but it is the best.

Oakdale Residential Home

This is a person centred care home, they meet the needs of my mum. They love and cherish her and I can relax knowing she is in very good hands. It's a joy to visit and you feel part of a family. They have good strategies for dealing with the quirks of the residents and it is peaceful and calm with a lovely atmosphere.

Oakdale Residential Home

Happy atmosphere. The staff always cheerful, kind and caring to all residents. They give the residents parties, activities and lovely food. I'm very happy my mum is looked after so well.

Oakdale Residential Home

We fought long and hard with our local council to have a place reserved at Oakdale for our friend and former neighbour Florey. Florey has been a resident of Oakdale for almost a year and we are so pleased with how much time and effort all the staff have given in to making her new home as comfortable as possible. They home go above and beyond to make sure all the residents live out their time at Oakdale with dignity, freedom and without prejudice. There are numerous day-to-day events and special family days such as BBQs, Cheese and Wine evenings and much more.

Oakdale Residential Home

I feel very well looked after by all the staff and management and I wish to express my thanks to everyone.

Oakdale Residential Home

I have noticed a significant improvement in my Aunt on each visit until today when she seems very happy and contented and almost back to her old self like she was before her break down in February 2013, considering the fact that she only went to Oakdale in October 2013 her recovery since then has been incredible.

Oakdale Residential Home

We were looking for a home for our mother (aged 88) and decided that for her the most important criteria for the selection of the right place was personal care for her as an individual. We were impressed by the manager and her staff at Oakdale and particularly their understanding, as a team, of how to make each individual feel well cared for, supported and respected. In addition the place feels calm and relaxed which importantly creates an atmosphere where we knew our mother would feel comfortable. Knowing that she is well cared for is such a comfort.

Oakdale Residential Home

It is a beautiful place. They really care for you. They cater for you and your needs. No set times, which I love. I can't fault this home. Would definitely recommend. Plenty of good food.

Oakdale Residential Home

All staff very helpful and friendly, especially Mel the manager. Very adaptable and amendable, particularly when faced with a difficult situation by one of the residents. Really welcoming to me dining with my wife every lunchtime.

Submit a Review for Oakdale Residential Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Oakdale Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oakdale Residential Home