Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre, Canvey Island, Essex

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre is a Home providing 24-hour residential support for elderly people – plus respite, weekend and day care. Due to the Home's location, it offers stunning views of the Thames estuary and nearby marina.

Care at Silverpoint Court is provided by a highly skilled team of care professionals who recognise the importance of keeping up to date with their professional development. All staff members receive regular in-house training, and extra training is also provided by NHS professional who are experts in their field.

With one dining room, two lounges, a conservatory and a large secure garden, residents can also enjoy trips and days out to places of interest, such as the theatre, local museums and nearby Bell Wharf Beach.

The home's first priority is that residents are able to lead a fulfilled and happy life, and staff actively encourage residents and their families to become involved in decisions about their care and the way the centre is run.

Group: Nellsar Care Homes

Person in charge: Raj Chahal (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 30 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease

Admission Information: Non Smokers Only. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.7 for Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre) is based on 31 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My mother now 92, has been cared for at Silverpoint since 2012. The staff are professional, caring and sensitive to her needs. I have no reservation in recommending this care home. It is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre? Extremely likely

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Highly recommended, best in the area. All staff are very professional, friendly and have a great rapport with all the residents. The facilities are also very good, food entertainment etc.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I am treated with respect and am not afraid to ask for anything. I am really happy with both staff and management, the manager takes time out to talk to me.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Very friendly and caring place. Lovely views from rooms and lounges - I would recommend to others.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Since my mum has been at Silverpoint, she has been so much happier. The staff are wonderful and do anything for you. They make the visitors very welcome and I enjoy visiting my mum. The managers are always there if you have any problems. If anyone wants to put their family in a care home this is the one I would recommend.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

All staff are friendly and appear to treat all residents with care and respect. Treating all residents fairly and meet their individual needs.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My mum has been in this beautiful care home for over 6 years. Recent management are excellent. The staff are very caring. The home is excellently cleaned to a high standard. The entertainment lady does arts n crafts, bingo, listening to music and much more. At a small cost residents are taken to lovely trips. The last was the yacht club for an Xmas meal. Previous to this the cliffs. Butterfly world and much more. My mum feels content in this home her health is monitored closely, care plans are thoroughly looked into updated on a daily basis. Staff work so hard here to maintain the high standard. The laundry is the best I've ever seen for returning to correct room. There are minimal hiccups but I rate this care home at least a 9/10. The home is quite small residents wise so a high standard appears to be the aim of all staff. Social workers do come in from time to time mums one recently visited. She also is so impressed by the care plans I hope my mum is able to stay at this care home until her days are nye. It took a while to find such a clean caring and beautiful home.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My mother has been a resident at Silverpoint Court for a few years and I have never had cause for complaint as the management and staff are excellent in every way. My mother is very happy and I know she is being cared for and looked after which gives me peace of mind. I do not have to worry about her because I know she is safe and secure. I also know she is eating well and has a balanced diet because the meals are cooked fresh daily. All in all I am ever thankful that I found Silverpoint Court for my mum.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I am very happy, everybody has been kind. When I ask for something I get it.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My mother has been in the home for 10 months after breaking her hip after a bad fall. The staff have shown so much respect and kindness towards her. She has gained weight and is slowly joining in with the afternoon activities. Her appetite has improved and she enjoys having her hair and nails done. The staff have always been available to answer any queries concerning her welfare and always greet us with a smile and make us feel welcome. A great weight has been lifted from my shoulders knowing that there is someone on hand 24 hours a day.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I have only been here a short time but I feel very comfortable, people are friendly, the food is nice, it's lovely and warm and I feel cosy and safe here.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Both of my parents went into Silverpoint Court at the same time, for very different reasons, my dad has since passed away, he was given the very best care, and my mum is still there, and seems very happy. She has her own lovely room, but does not spend much time in it , which considering how private she was is amazing she joins in with all activities. Raj and her team are lovely and treat residents like their own family, I can't praise them enough.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I think the home is first class. Looked after very well. its warm and welcoming and I feel like one of the family. Staff are excellent. Nothing I ask is too much for anyone. They never moan I would recommend to anyone.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I have been at Silverpoint for 14 months now. I moved here from another home (nursing) the standard here is higher than it was in my last home. We have a very nice view from most windows, people are very friendly over all it is excellent here. I would recommend it very highly.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Staff are very caring, very happy with care for my dad. Always happy to discuss any concerns as staff and manager always available. Overall would thoroughly recommend Silverpoint care home.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Just perfect, no fault what so ever, I have been here for two years in February, been more than happy, the kindness is out of this world.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I didn't want to come here, as I didn't want to come in a home. But I am very glad I did, I have been made to feel very welcome here. We have had three managers here in my stay and this one is the very best (Raj).

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Everything has been excellent during my time so far at Silverpoint, plenty of room all round. I myself am in a mobility scooter all the time due to the fact I can't stand and I get myself around very easily.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My mother has been living at Silverpoint Court for about 15 months now and she is happy and settled there. I am a regular visitor and have always found the staff to be friendly, cheerful and professional. Their residents are treated as individuals and the staff have always shown patience and compassion to those that have been difficult at times. Activities are regular and varied. Small independent businesses provide services such as hairdressing,manicurist and foot health and their visits become an event themselves, it contributes to a warm homely atmosphere. I would certainly commend this home to anyone.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

If you mean by recommendation would I recommend Silverpoint as a care home, yes I would. If you mean recommend improvements - I would like to be informed when the Dr etc are coming as I would like to be there with my mother.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

A small clientele, in an extremely pleasant position, lovely conservatory and garden. A warm friendly atmosphere. My father seems safe and quite happy here. Staff are friendly and helpful, although they are always very busy, and not always available. Residents seem happy and familiar with each other. At the end of the day it is still a care home, but not posh and not poor, just about right.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre? Likely

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My aunt was admitted to Silverpoint Court care home in January of this year after a failed attempt of care at home. She is a very difficult lady and refused to eat, wash and cooperate. She has made herself bed bound by refusing to get up after a few falls which have left her very afraid of another fall. The staff have brilliant with her, trying to tempt her up, she will allow them to hoist her our of bed for the hairdresser, she has put on weight and seems so much happier than she was. I cannot praise the staff enough for the kindness care and tolerance towards her.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Very good residential home, friendly and efficient staff. Have had two relatives make it their home.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I found it very hard to settle in to Silverpoint, due to finding it hard accepting people to help me. I have been here 6 weeks now and feel part of the furniture and settled. I enjoy the company around me.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

I was at another home for 2 years, my life ticking away but very unhappy. My family looked at this home, where I moved in 3 months ago, enjoying it here very much. I have got a lovely view from my room, also the use of 2 lounges to look out of, staff very good to me. I enjoy joining in activities that are offered every day. I have and would recommend Silverpoint to anyone's loved ones.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

On my first day of being at Silverpoint I felt at home, people were very friendly to me. I would strongly recommend this home as one of the best. My family did look at other homes in the area and this one came out the best. What they liked was you just turn up and look around without an appointment. There is nothing to hide.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Needed to find residential care locally for mum. After looking at 7 care homes came across Silverpoint Residential Care and so very glad we did. Silverpoint has been a life saver for the family. The care mum is receiving is second to none, it is definitely a home from home, not only is mum made to feel at home but the staff make us very welcome also. We are kept up to date with mums progress, are able to visit at anytime. Would recommend Silverpoint for any family's peace of mind. Well done to management and all the staff. More care homes like this are needed.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My mother has been a resident in this home for two and a half years, she loved it as soon as she stepped over the threshold. All of the staff from management to cleaners really care about all of the residents. The home is clean and very homely, the only smells are from the mouth watering home cooked food smells. I would not be happy with my mum in any other care home except Silverpoint. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

Silverpoint Court is a lovely home with caring staff. The home is beautifully kept as are the residents. I would thoroughly recommend this residential home in every way.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

My dad has been at Silverpoint Court for two and half years. In which time I have been very happy with his care. I visit most days and have always found the home to be of an overall excellent standard. Keep up the good work.

Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

This is a lovely home, just like a family hotel. Everyone is warm, friendly and caring and they take care of everything to make my dad's golden years happy and entertaining. The food, care and cleanliness are all first class and the entertainment they provide is varied and fun for everyone. Add to this the fantastic views and I could not wish for any more for my dad. I would recommend this home to all my friends.

Submit a Review for Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre