85 Harwich Road, Little Oakley, Dovercourt, Harwich CO12 5JA

Visit Website Email Phone Number Brochure Recommend Us Funding Advice

Waters View Residential Home, Harwich, Essex
Waters View Residential Home

Waters View Residential Home, in Harwich, is a comfortable residential home that welcomes long-term needs, temporary respite and day care. Care workers, many of whom have been at Waters View for a number of years and either hold or are working towards NVQs, build up strong relationships with residents in order to make sure their personal needs and preferences are understood.

At Waters View there is always a focus on being a home-like environment. This vision is helped by the home being a lovingly converted private house, with rural surroundings and secure gardens. All rooms are en - suite and individually decorated to ensure that home from home feeling.

Assisted bathing is an addition that helps those with mobility issues and there are many homely comforts for residents to enjoy, as well as nutritious meals and strong links with medical services.

Owner: Mr & Mrs A Bradshaw

Person in charge: C A Bradshaw (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 15 residents

Admission Information: We can take private or social services referrals. We will carry out a pre admission assessment to ensure that we can offer any prospective Resident the high level of individual care they need and deserve. We can also take emergency placements. Please call us to discuss the admisisons procedure.. Ages 60+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £597

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Waters View Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Waters View Residential Home

(We currently have day care vacancies.Please call us for details on permanent and respite care.We operate a waiting list for permanent placements - please call us for details.)
posted 08 Feb 2015

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Waters View Residential Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Waters View Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

It was sad that my Mother had to go into residential care full time, but she would be the first to say that she is in the circumstances, in the best place. Of course she has times when she will say she would sooner be home with me. More specifically looking after me, which she thought was the case, the reverse was actually the case. The truth of the matter being that I have an ongoing heart condition and whilst I looked after my Mum for some time, with occasional respite, that to carry on was not really tenable, much as in an ideal world I would have liked it to. Also the care home is in the next village so she gets regular visits, as well as from other family members. At Christmas the staff provided a lovely meal, after which having spent some time with her, Mother was Happy for me to go off and spend the rest of the Day with Family. Whereas I may have had the occasional reservations over some aspects of past care homes, giving me some respite, one she was in for some months due to her health, it seemed back then may have been full time but the old routine continued thereafter, at home. We moved to Dovercourt last year so fate interviewed. From day one in Waterside I personally have had few complaints, and the Manager and staff are always willing to discuss anything that may arise and keep me well informed as to my Mum's situation. One was when the medication delivery service only delivered my stuff and when I enquired, was told they had been informed not to issue her meds as she was in a care home. I managed to find enough still in date for a day or two, but Helen at Waterside who prior had not been informed, was as good as her word and organised a change of pharmacy in line with the homes provider. That is just one of many examples of the staff going the extra mile. It was also one thing less for me to worry about. On the proviso that nothing in life is absolutely perfect, I think in the ongoing scenario the home gets pretty well close to that aim. It is also much more personalised than the bigger homes. Finally The situation actually gives me a lot of peace of mind, and has reduced pressures enormously.

How likely would you be to recommend Waters View Residential Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Gavin Thomson (Son of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 13 January 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

My room is excellent. Light, airy and very comfortable with my own TV and en-suite. I enjoy the company of the other residents and the staff. The staff are lovely and I'm very happy and feel very safe here.

Submitted by Eileen W (Resident / Service User) on Monday 12 January 2015.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

The staff are very kind and look after me very well, making me feel safe and valued. The food is excellent, always plenty of it and tasty. My family come and visit me regularly and are always made very welcome.

Submitted by Leonard W (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 8 January 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

This is my second care home and this one is excellent. My bedroom is really comfy and I enjoy choosing between privacy or the fun and company of the staff and residents in the lounge. The food is really good too. I feel safe and cared for. The staff are fun and caring.

Submitted by Kenneth B (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 8 January 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

I visit a friend at Waters View and have seen him really settle in and improve. He is now well fed, a lot happier and calmer. There is always a warm welcome from the Staff and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. If I ever need care I would hope that I could go to Waters View or find a home really like it. Their Christmas party was a real highlight with a great band, yummy food and fun with the Residents, their families and friends - well done.

Submitted by Louise (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 23 December 2014. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

The care home has a homely atmosphere and the staff are friendly and caring. They provide an excellent personal service treating my mother as an individual and with great dignity. Her needs are well met. There is excellent continuity of care as many of the staff have worked at the home for some time. My mother's room is comfortable and the food is good home cooking. Activities are available for those who want them. There is an informative newsletter.

Submitted by Jane Lynam (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Sunday 21 December 2014. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

My Mother has been a permanent resident at this excellent Home for a number of years. Being a small home there is a real 'home from home' feeling, with home cooking and the carers really knowing the individual residents. My Mother is treated as an individual with her wishes, likes and dislikes respected. The home is well run and the carers genuinely care. My Mother is well looked after and I can relax knowing she is safe.

Submitted by RFB (Son of Resident/Service User) on Saturday 13 December 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

My Mother has been in this home for nearly 4yrs. She has always been treated with respect and dignity and with her individual needs and views to the fore. The home cooking and the home from home feel of Waters View is a real plus. The carers are lovely and genuinely care - nothing is too much trouble. Having only 15 residents all the staff really know each person and again this is a real plus. I cannot praise the Home and its care of my Mother highly enough.

Submitted by Richard B (Son of Resident/Service User) on Friday 12 December 2014. Review relates to December 2014.

FANTASTIC
MY DAD HAS BEEN INTO WATERS VIEW TWICE FOR RESPITE CARE RECENTLY. THE HOME IS LOVELY IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD. FOOD IS SUPERB STAFF ARE LOVELY AND THE HOME IS ALWAYS CLEAN TIDY AND BURSTING WITH LOVE. HELEN AND HER STAFF ARE QUITE SIMPLY THE BEST, NOTHING IS TOO MUCH TROUBLE FOR THEM AND THEY ALWAYS MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME. I WOULD RECOMMEND WATERS VIEW AND AM HOPING THAT MY DAD WILL END UP THERE FULL TIME WHEN THE TIME COMES.

Submitted by ANDREA KING (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 3 December 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

The staff are excellent and nothing seems to be any trouble to them to help out, residents and visitors.

Submitted by Anthony S (Son of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 26 November 2014.

Review of Waters View Residential Home

A small friendly home where the decoration and fittings make it feel like your own home rather than an institution. The food is excellent with home made cakes every day and a good menu of food that encourages the elderly to eat. There are activities which involve everyone and a lovely garden to the rear where Residents can help or watch the gardener or watch the many birds that are attracted there. There are several communal areas to sit and chat, watch TV or a quiet room to just sit and watch the world go by. The care is excellent as the Home is small (15 residents) so the carers really get to know the Resident and their care individually tailored. As my Mother - in - Laws condition has sadly deteriorated Waters View has carried on coping with her and we know they will continue to that - she has great care and we her family have peace of mind!

Submitted by Catherine Broaderwick (Daughter-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Waters View Residential Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Waters View Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Waters View Residential Home