Crowstone House, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex

Crowstone House is situated on the sea front at Westcliff-on-Sea, the view from the main lounge overlooks the Thames Estuary and whether a beautiful sunny day or wild and windy the view is always very exceptional.   Westcliff as it borders Southend has been classified as a conservation area to preserve its beauty. Crowstone with a classical feature turret room used for activities, is an older building full of character and offers you a home from home. There are lifts but the staircase is magnificent summing up the splendour of Crowstone. All around there is a friendly and enchanting environment, especially the snoozelum room. Your room awaits you so that you may add your own personal creativity.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Ajam Karim (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southend on Sea Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 54 residents

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Crowstone House: click here

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Crowstone House is based on 10 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.199 is made up of 4.829 Points relating to the ratings and 4.37 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I can not find any fault in the home, loving caring, wonderful. Food is excellent, staff are wonderful. I feel a part of the family, everyone is marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend Crowstone House? Extremely LIKELY

Moved my cousin in early December 2015, she was in a poor home before. The care and looking after is lovely, she had her best Christmas in years. She has loads to do and the food is great and the change in her is showing every time I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Crowstone House? Extremely LIKELY

My father has been a resident at Crowstone House for 8 months. He settled in straight away. The staff are very kind, caring and treat my father with dignity. I visit him most days and always find him happy and well cared for. It is a great relief for me knowing I am leaving him safe, secure and very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Crowstone House? Extremely LIKELY

The care here is excellent. I know my cousin is well looked after. Everywhere is very clean and people here have lots of individual attention. I couldn't wish for better.

How likely would you be to recommend Crowstone House? Extremely LIKELY

The staff are friendly, seem to be happy as they go about their work and genuinely care for the residents. They are always willing to listen to family who may have concerns and are open to suggestions.

Crowstone House is well led, organised and have kept me informed of any changes in health etc.

The staff were particularly sensitive, considerate and supportive when my mum sadly passed away. Their kindness at this difficult time was evident not only how they dealt with myself and other family members, but in particular the comfort they offered my dad who is also a resident at the home. They kept a close eye on him which was reassuring when I couldn't be there.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Crowstone House.

How likely would you be to recommend Crowstone House? Extremely LIKELY

The transition of my mum to a home has been fantastic. Staff and management could not do more. I would not hesitate to recommend Crowstone House.

Sister 21/12 years resident at the home in which she was cared for very well and in her passing away my husband and myself have been treated with friendliness, care, kindness and consideration

My mother has been into this home for respite care a number of times now, the most recent being Sept/Oct 2014. Apart from one stay whereby a former member of staff let them down, mum has been well looked after and happy there. Indeed a new regime now exists and the home and staff are the best they have ever been, just a bit of room décor required.

2 years ago my Mother was her for her last days and had a great time now my Mother-in-law is now here and enjoying the same caring treatment. The home has many varieties of things to do and being right on the sea is a wonderful tonic for all the residents. The staff are outstanding and many are still here from when my mum was here. This is one of the most amicable places.

Very clean, kind staff, food very nice and plenty of it. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. I like it here very much.

Submit a Review for Crowstone House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Crowstone House

Care Assistant

£7.20 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Crowstone House