Belmont Castle Care Home

Portsdown Hill Road, Bedhampton, Havant PO9 3JY

Belmont Castle Care Home, Havant, Hampshire

Belmont Castle is set in three acres of beautiful gardens, with panoramic views across the Solent and the Downs, it was established as a Residential Care Home in April 1986. The management of Belmont Castle pride themselves on offering a highly professional care service for the elderly, with a personal touch. The team are pleased to accept residents for long term, short term, convalescence, respite and holiday stays.

Residential care should never be regarded as a last resort; it can be a new beginning, which provides comfort and security to enjoy later years of life. It can eliminate the problems of the day-to-day living and should be a most effective way of overcoming loneliness.

Group: LRH - Homes

Person in charge: Juanita Pearce (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 37 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £620 – £820

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Belmont Castle Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Belmont Castle Care Home is based on 71 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.901 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.901 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.901 for Belmont Castle Care Home is based on 71 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.901 for Belmont Castle Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (772 Excellents x 5) + (76 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 852 Ratings = 4.901

The Quantity Score of 5 for Belmont Castle Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (70 Positive Reviews ÷ 37 Registered Beds) x 2 = 3.784 (maximum score = 1)

After visiting numerous care homes, as soon as we stepped foot into Belmont to a warm welcome, we realised it was the perfect home for Mum. A tremendous amount of thought has gone into creating a friendly, safe and stimulating environment. It's wonderful to see the change in Mum from living at home alone to enjoying the company of other residents and fantastic staff. Every one of the team is caring, supportive and very special to us. Mum's room is comfortable, has a lovely view and provides all she needs. She has settled in so well and enjoys the activities and delicious food. What's reassuring is that I'm welcome to visit Mum at any time and if I wish to join Mum for a meal, it's encouraged. We attended the June Staff Awards Evening which was brilliantly organised, great fun and a super tribute to the whole team who work so hard to ensure that residents, visitors and friends are looked after. Thank you to everyone; I know Mum is cherished, happy and safe in your care at Belmont.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Belmont Castle has been Mum’s home for three months now and she has settled in very well. The staff are so welcoming, kind and caring and they take a genuine interest in all of their residents. There’s always a lovely atmosphere when you visit – feels more like a friendly, happy home than a care home. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

The whole team works really well together and this was evident at their first Awards Evening on 17th June. A lot of hard work resulted in a fun-filled evening much enjoyed by staff, residents, family and friends. These events create warm memories and we look forward to more.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

We had a great time at the Easter Egg Hunt at the Belmont Castle. This was our first family event at the Belmont and even though the weather was not in our favour our large four generation family had a wonderful fun filled time. The staff had their work cut out with the number of people who attended. There were different events for each age group and we all enjoyed the afternoon. Thank you to all the staff for their brilliant efforts.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like all of the staff, including kitchen staff, all maintenance staff and the laundry staff. I like all of the meals and get plenty to eat and drink. Enjoy the exercise activities and singing. I get on with all of the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am getting on fine. I like it here. I like all of the food and get enough to eat. I really like all the staff and also the night staff, as I get really nervous at night time. I like to read books and watch T.V. I get on really well with other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was unsettled when I first arrived at the home, but I like it now and have settled really well. I like to talk to the residents. I am very happy with all of the meals and there is always plenty to eat and drink. I think that the staff are very good and always there if you need to talk about anything. I did not like to join in with any activities when I first arrived at the home but I do like to take part now and again when I feel like it.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been at Belmont now for 3 months, I have noticed a great improvement in her!! She seems much happier now, which is so nice to see.
The staff are very caring at all times, always interested in all residents, lots of laughter there, plus lots of different activities - my Mums favourite is the singing and dancing. My Mum's personal care is brilliant!!
Her room is lovely, always clean and fresh!! All meals are cooked on-site and are amazing, I have tried them.
They recently held an Easter Egg hunt with eggs hidden in the grounds of Belmont it was an amazing day with many people turning up!!
Good day had by all!!
I now have peace of mind that my Mum who has Dementia is safe, well cared for and will continue to sing and dance

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very impressed with staff and care provided. A pleasure for relations to visit. Lovely atmosphere. Happy we made Belmont Castle our choice had also had very good support for myself and family. Meals always look wonderful and fresh.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

A lovely home with caring, experienced staff who always have time for both mum and me. I have received lots of help and support during mum's transition from home to residential care and mum is happy and very well cared for with her changing needs being met by happy, knowledgeable and importantly, caring, staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

After a difficult decision to find a care home for Nan, we had to choose where. Initially my first impression was wide off the mark and we picked a different location. However as we had enlisted Nan just in case at both locations luckily a place became available. As some questions were being asked about the quality of care in the first home we picked, we decided on another visit. I am so glad we did. We moved Nan into Belmont just after Christmas and our family are agreed it provides a excellent standard of care. Warm, friendly and relaxing atmosphere throughout this place is a credit to the Carers / Nurses and whole team.
The rooms have a cosy charm to them, the food is great and the place is immaculately tidy and clean. Whenever visiting I have been made to feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble for the helpful staff. I have confidence that despite my Nan's nervousness with dementia that she is in safe hands and hasn't been so happy in months. Thanks to all involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

When I first visited Belmont Castle to consider my mother for staying, I could not ask for a more pleasant and friendly welcome, with showing me around Belmont. My mother had a fall last September and, therefore, she unfortunately could not live along safely anymore. Mother was then assessed and, thankfully, accepted to go to Belmont. I would like to say it's been the best thing for mum, ALL the staff are brilliant in every way, I could not ask for more and the family are eternally grateful with all that they are doing in making mum safe and well. A big thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Belmont so far. I feel safe and happy with all the residents and staff. I enjoy all the activities and socialising. I love my room and the view is beautiful.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Belmont Castle have been very helpful and open in their dealings and have been supportive and sympathetic to my sisters needs. The home is well kept, very well and thoughtfully designed and the staff are enthusiastic and cheerful.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like to live here, I feel safe and like I am at home. I enjoy all food and snacks, especially the cream cakes. I like all of the activities that take part and enjoyed all the festive activities. I mostly enjoyed dancing and singing. All staff are lovely and make me homely and safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Yes I like it here very much, all staff are kind to me. I enjoy joining in with dancing and singing. I enjoy all activities and have especially loved the festive activities that have gone on. I enjoy all food, it is very nice. I like my new room I feel very safe at Belmont.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Don't know

I visit this home at least once a week to see my friend. It always appears to me to be clean. The staff are friendly and caring and supportive. Food looks delicious. I would say it is the best home in this area.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Belmont for 3 weeks respite, will be there for a further two, on the whole the staff are all very welcoming, and nothing is too much trouble, but sometimes takes a while to get an answer to a question, or someone is always going to do, but yes it will be done, but may take asking again.
My mother will definitely be happy to go back for respite in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been a resident since the beginning of November and I am so happy with the care being provided. I was reassured from my initial phone call and was warmly welcomed on my first visit. The house is beautiful with lovely grounds and views. The staff have a great relationship with the residents and so many fun activities are provided for the residents to enjoy from giant scrabble to singing and dancing and craft and cooking clubs. At the end of November residents' family and friends were invited to help decorate the house for Christmas and the afternoon ended with Christmas dinner with my Mum - the food is fab! I would thoroughly recommend Belmont Castle, the staff have made a very difficult decision much easier to deal with and I can see how happy my Mum is when I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I can't express enough my pleasure in seeing how well the staff treat the residents. My wife and I were invited to decorate the Christmas trees and have dinner after, and I was impressed with the calm and orderly organisation of getting the guests and residents seated in their allotted places and serving dinner to a over sized dinning number than usual. All the residents were treated with care and concern to make sure each had what they wanted . A lovely day was had by all.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was really pleased with the care my mum received at The Belmont, most importantly she really enjoyed her stay and I will definitely be using them again. She said the food was good the staff were really helpful and friendly and she loved the view from her room. Its great to know she can go somewhere she really enjoyed and I don't have to worry about her.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother who has Alzheimer’s has been at Belmont Castle for 3 weeks and is already settling in very well. The family and I can’t thank the staff enough for their kindness, reassurance and care towards mum. The activities on offer are amazing and have helped to keep mum occupied and less anxious as she previously was. All the family have commented on how it is so lovely to see her laughing again. Belmont always warmly welcomes family and friends and during Halloween week held a quiz night. This enabled the family to enjoy a fun evening with mum and interact with other residents and their families. One of mums favorite things at Belmont is watching strictly come dancing as the residents have a buffet and get up and have a dance. The food is amazing and we often stay and have dinner with mum. We are so happy she seems to have her appetite back and has put some of the weight back on she previously lost. I would highly recommend Belmont Castle to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would highly recommend as everybody is so friendly and helpful. Always having a laugh and a giggle. The food is very nice. The activities are great and I love dancing and singing. I have made lots of friends. I see the horses from my bedroom.

My mother spent 3 weeks in the respite room at Belmont Castle following a fall which has resulted from Parkinson's. It coincided with my husband and I going on holiday which could not be cancelled. We had already looked around Belmont Castle prior to mum's accident. We feel it is a wonderful home, all staff are very caring, who helped mum enormously. Mum and us loved the different rooms and what was taking place in each room. The grounds are wonderful and the gardens are kept lovely. There was always somewhere to sit and enjoy the sunshine. The food was amazing and could be adapted to mum's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I really enjoyed my stay and the food was to my liking, lots to do and kind caring staff. I spent my day how I wanted. I now have somewhere to look forward to when I need another holiday.

My mother has recently become a resident and both she, myself and other members of the family are delighted with the care she has received. It is a great relief that she is in good hands and is safe. She has found the transition from being at home alone relatively easy and this is no doubt due to the excellent care and attention she has been receiving. She finds the food really good and has no complaints at all. Obviously she is just finding her way around using all of the facilities and is getting to know the routine. I personally am exceedingly pleased to be using Belmont and would recommend them to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like living at Belmont Castle Care Home I love the food it is very tasty. I like all the staff, all very nice, caring and welcoming. I love my room it has a lovely view. This home has a lovely garden.

Five star- wonderful staff, fantastic room with beautiful views of horses and hillside! Honest staff, have nothing but praise, would certainly use the service again. "Cuisine" is excellent as are staff providing it! Many thanks to all concerned!

Every time I step into Belmont Castle there is always a warm welcome whatever time of the day. My mother has been a resident for three months and always speaks very highly of the staff and the care she receives. Food is renowned for being excellent and plenty of it. The building is set in lovely, well maintained grounds which give the place a peaceful and spacious feel. There is a lot of humour around at Belmont and as a frequent visitor I always leave feeling that my Mum is safe and happy in her new home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I love staying here, I feel safe and the atmosphere is wonderful. Every single person there is friendly and the staff are brilliant. My room is nice and I have a beautiful view from my window. There is a wonderful variety of food and I enjoy every meal. I enjoy all the activities here and everyone is easy to talk to. Nothing is too much trouble and I enjoy the company all times of the day or night.

Belmont is an excellent home. I can't fault it for anything. All the staff are pleasant and friendly. They do all they can for me and I've made some brilliant friends. They manage my illness very well and all my medical needs are met to the highest standard.

Belmont has a lovely atmosphere and everyone is very friendly. Nothing is ever too much trouble and I enjoy having my own space. I feel safe and have lots of friends.

I feel it is time to make some comments about my mothers care at Belmont Castle so that other potential residents can at least see how good and positive I believe the care is for them and/or their relations. My mother has been a resident at Belmont Castle for 3 years now. When I have visited I have always been greeted as 'an old friend' by both management and care staff which gives me a warm and positive feeling about the residence. My observations over the 3 years have been eye opening on how Dementia type illnesses develop and how patient staff need to be when dealing with the demands of my mother, and indeed, other clients. It is reassuring to me that I am kept up to date with any issues very quickly, depending on severity, via phone or email. I have been impressed at how residents are addressed, which is on a very personal level. I have been present at many meal times and have even eaten onsite myself. There is always a good choice and plenty of it with a nice variety (especially the sweets)! I can see a lot has been done to enable the residents to help themselves and continue their independence where possible with lots of 'help yourself' areas. There is a lot of organised games/music etc to help stimulate the residents, which I find both enjoyable and beneficial to my mum and I. It's a real lift to see her dancing and laughing! There are also regular meetings held onsite, with other family/friends, to be briefed on any news/actions and feedback to management. All in all, I'm very happy that my mum is at Belmont castle. I have experience of other homes and I am glad she is there!

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in this home for 2.05 years now. At first she would not settle but with determination and care the staff she has a happy life in the home. The home is bright, well taken care off, the food is very good, a really good choice and plenty of choice. The laundry and cleanliness of clothes are well done. It is pleasant to visit my mum because of the friendly atmosphere.

I would like to recommend Belmont Castle for any awards possible. My mum (93) and her partner (87) have been resident at Belmont Castle for 3.5 years now. I often used to pass by this mini castle and often wondered what it was like in there, however, when mum started suffering Alzheimer's and had to go somewhere safe and caring for her everyday needs, I chose Belmont after careful consideration. I went to visit and straight away was welcomed in by the staff mainly Janice and was shown around with no appointment needed. This to me was the assurance I needed that the home was run equally morning, noon and night and never threw up any bad vibes. My Mum was very poorly earlier in the year and we thought she had reached the end of her life but with all the loving care and encouragement from the devoted staff my mum made a miraculous recovery with them helping her eat, drink and her personal care. She is now back her old self. The food at Belmont is excellent with fresh veg every day and a array of choices for breakfast and lunch with plenty of drinks and snacks in the fridge for residents to help themselves at any time. My mum and Bert are very happy there (my mum thinks she owns the castle) and I have no worries as I know they are being cared for exceptionally well. The gardens are well manicured and tidy with recently all new chairs, sofas and tables added - a complete makeover. There are fetes and family days which are fun and allow all the families to meet as well as the regular evening meetings to discuss what the care home is all about and latest news. This home is top of the class and deserves a 'gold medal'.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Superb care home, more like a country hotel. Staff are very caring and there are plenty of activities.
The kitchens provide appetising food and my mum is delighted with the home baked cakes they serve with afternoon tea.

The summer gala on the 19th June 2015 was excellent and the staff pulled out all the stops to keep both the residents and the visitors entertained. A lot of effort had obviously gone into the event with music, singing and even a 'knees up' with a big band swing theme. A fish & chip and ice cream lunch was served outside with great attention to detail - even newspaper effect wrappers. The patience of the staff is phenomenal.

A brilliant event - well done to the staff and helpers for putting a smile on my mum's face.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum moved in to Belmont care home in mid-June, she has a beautiful room overlooking fields. The staff have made my mum, sisters and me feel very welcome, they always greet us with a cheery smile and are caring, efficient and happy to assist in whatever way they can. Our Mum has not found the move easy but the staff are patient, sympathetic and do their best to ease this transition for her and us! I would have no hesitation in recommending Belmont Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Allowed freedom of access which is very important for me. I am a keen gardener and have been given a piece of land adjacent to my room. My husband and I are collectors of antiques - I have been given a large room to house my favourite pieces. The food is good - I arrived weighing under six stone but now over eight stone which speaks for itself. I trained as a non conformist minister and am now interested in setting up a pastoral visits for residents who are interested. Above all else, the carers really are caring and nothing is too much trouble for them.

A very well run home with caring staff and excellent facilities, nothing is to much trouble. From the first day my mother arrived the care she has received has been excellent, she has been treated with dignity and respect. The home has a very warm welcome and I cannot speak to highly of the staff who make this happen.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is very pleasant I couldn't wish for a better place. Everybody is kind and caring. So much food and choice I am being spoilt. Through the night if I need some help they are always helpful.

Everybody is very friendly nothing wrong with the food and family always welcome. I have a lovely room and view. The girls never hurry me and it is so nice to have a natter. There is always plenty to do if I wish.

My Mum has been resident at The Belmont Castle for 3 months & has settled quickly in her beautiful new surroundings. The staff have been amazingly attentive with nothing left to chance. Mum's every need has been provided for & nothing is too much trouble. She speaks in glowing terms about the quality & variety of the food provide & the flexibility around meal times.
This is Mum's first experience of a care home environment & she had reservations about moving from independent living to a care home. Her fears have proved to be unfounded as she feels far more secure than previously, safe in the knowledge that if there is a problem she will receive immediate & appropriate care. This is of tremendous reassurance to me as well as I live two hours drive away & am not able to respond as quickly as I would like to any issue that may arise.
Mum has made a number of new friends & has taken to engaging in playing on the giant scrabble board. The breadth of activities & events provided by the staff is incredible & I'm convinced that this stimulating environment is hugely beneficial to mum's mental health.
Real thought & effort have been made in relation to the decor of the home with different areas available to those with different needs & vibrant colours used to transform previously dull areas.
On my visits I have witnessed genuinely helpful & happy staff who always find time for a friendly word. I am delighted by mum's new home & couldn't recommend The Belmont Castle more highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law moved to Belmont Castle for respite care because his wife had just died and he wasn't able to look after himself for various health reasons. Since then he has agreed that he needs to stay permanently at the home. He has told me that he is very well looked after and that all the staff are very kind and friendly. That has certainly seemed to be the case when I've visited, but he made a point of telling me that it's not 'an act' when visitors are there, but that the staff are like that all the time! From my own observation I would say that it's one of the best care homes I've come across. It's a lovely building, very tastefully decorated, light, airy and clean. The food always looks appetising. There are plenty of activities for the residents to join in with, if they wish to. The gardens are lovely to look at and walk in. My father-in-law's room is at the front of the house and he has a view of the sea in the distance, which he loves. I would happily recommend this home to anyone who needs residential care.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mother in Law has been in Belmont Castle Care Home for over a week now and she has settled in nicely and is participating in daily activities including Oomph (exercise for elderly) which I never thought she would. We were concerned that she would stay in her room and isolate herself as she's not the most sociable person, but to our delight she is downstairs all day every day (so far) and only goes back up to her room for bed. The food is great and we've not seen my Mother In Law look so good which was noticeable after only a couple of days. The staff are all passionate about the care they give the residents and they treat them all with respect and dignity.
The process of placing my Mother in Law was painless and the staff made us feel assured that she would be cared for which was so important to us. We have agonised on whether we were making the right decision to place her in a care home. We visited several care homes before choosing Belmont Castle and while they were all nice, we just had a good feeling about Belmont Castle and felt that they have a passion for Dementia care. Now that my Mother in Law has settled in we know we have made the right decision. As her family & primary carers we feel a sense of relief knowing that she is in good hands and being well looked after by caring staff. My Mother in Law also feels that she is in safe hands and the burden of living alone has gone and she can now enjoy the rest of her life stress free.
We were very lucky to have the choice of rooms and the one we chose has a beautiful view of the garden and Portsmouth. It also has an en suite shower room. The home in general is of good order and you can really see they have put a lot of thought into the decor/ornaments. The rooms are themed and varying levels of activity/noise levels so there is something for everyone. We have been made very welcome at all times and if the staff are busy with the residents you can make yourself tea and sit with your loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they have a laugh and a giggle with you. The care is excellent if somebody is under the weather a gentle squeeze of the shoulder is appreciated. They have the knack of knowing when you need support and helping hand. The food is first class and always plenty to occupy your day. They keep our brains active. I would highly recommend.

Being at Belmont is like being at home. The staff and facilities are brilliant. The carers listen and care for me to the best of their ability. I'm greatly enjoying my stay here.

Belmont Castle Care Home has definitely been the right choice for respite for my 89 year old mother who has advanced dementia.

My wife and I were very impressed with the facilities and activities that were on offer to the residents.

I can only praise the caring and professional attitude of the staff and would have no hesitation in recommending this establishment

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

We walked through the front door of Belmont castle and we both knew this would be the best place for mum. The staff were really friendly, helpful and supportive. The transition from hospital was efficient and with the upmost care and attention. The room is lovely with a beautiful bay window over looking the South downs. Mum is settling down very well and enjoying the good food. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I wish to recommend Belmont castle for the best care and support.

I find the staff are very cheerful and very kind, my room is very comfortable. Thank you all.

Belmont Castle offers a high standard of care & a very personal touch. The staff are kind, considerate & nothing is too much trouble for those in their care. The Residents have plenty to occupy them & friendly faces to talk to.
I would not hesitate in recommending this Home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

The people I live with seem happy and cheerful and we do laugh a lot. There is always somebody who I can talk to.

I would recommend the home as we are looked after very well. My husband is always welcome at mealtimes and we spent pleasant mornings around the breakfast table.

I like everything about the home. Kind helpful staff, good food, excellent activities, no restrictions I always come here for a holiday.

Top quality Care Home with top quality staff

Firstly Belmont Castle Care Home came highly recommended to our family with regard to respite care for my Aunt. All aspects of care have certainly exceeded our expectations. Coming from a healthcare background both in the acute and primary care sector I have high expectations in all aspects of care and safety in the elderly and cannot recommend Belmont Castle highly enough. All staff are highly trained in the needs of all the different residents who are treated with patience dignity and genuine understanding. They go about their caring duties in a happy and cheerful manner and are extremely helpful. We have been given support and advice from the excellent management team who are very professional and experienced. Belmont Castle is in a wonderful situation with gorgeous grounds and far reaching sea views. This care home is exceptionally clean with excellent food and offers a host of activities for their residents. Well done Belmont Castle.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are so supportive and friendly. The home is very comfortable and homely.

My father recently stayed at Belmont Castle for 6 weeks respite care. I can't thank Juanita and her team enough for their exceptional care, warmth and kindness. They really have made Belmont Castle a homely environment. My father flourished under their care and his family and friends were made so welcome when visiting. Belmont Castle is a very special place, the standard of care is exemplary, the staff patient, kind and caring. My dad is looking forward to his next stay.

The 85 year old lady - for whom I act as her carer/ advocate/ joint attorney, has recently joined the residents at Belmont Castle due to her increasing frailty in mind and body.
It was my pre-retirement professional work, I visited a large number of elderly persons care provisions in Hampshire. This had highlighted the quality and empathy of Belmont, and had made it stand out above most others.
At every contact with Belmont I was impressed with the real feeling of a loving, caring, safe community from the Gardner Handyman to the Cleaner; from the Carer to the Entertainer; from the Chef to the Manager, they are all the same with a committed involvement with the people coming first, in doing what is a very demanding role.
Therefore because of my relationship with the lady, I was keen to see if she would be able to continue living her life to the full at Belmont. As with most Seniors it is huge step to leave your own home.
Thankfully this is where she is now and progressing with the settling in process.
To coin the phrase - Belmont Castle is what it says on its [tin] the web site.

Belmont Castle is an outstanding home. My father in law suffers from confusion which had left him very depressed. Now he is living at the Castle he is socialising with others and has regained the twinkle in his eye. His appetite has improved. This is all down to the excellent care and compassion what is shown towards him and all the other people who live there.

Belmont Castle was recommended to us by friends. From our initial telephone contact through arrival and ongoing visits we have been thoroughly impressed by the professional and more importantly, caring attitude displayed by all the staff. The facilities, activities and level of care are outstanding and nothing is too much bother. Mum-in-law was initially there for respite but is now a full time resident. While we were away Belmont made sure we kept abreast of any developments concerning her status and care package. The change in her status was forced on us at short notice and at a difficult time but the Belmont team have been v supportive, helpful and flexible. We cannot praise them enough.

I'm enjoying my stay so far the view from my bedroom window is lovely. The food is always nice, I like all the staff

Belmont is a lovely place to live. The carers and staff are nice. I enjoy all the food and drinks provided.

My room is comfortable, the meals are freshly prepared. The staff are wonderfully kind and considerate.

Good staff with pleasant surroundings. Enjoyable food.

My grandad Graham Pearce has been at Belmont for a month now. My family and I are very pleased with the high standard of care and all the staff are so welcoming and lovely. They treat him with dignity and respect and tend to all his needs.

My uncle Graham Pearce has been a resident at Belmont Castle for a month, the staff have been great, listening to his needs and treating him with dignity, and nothing is ever too much trouble. It's reassuring to know he is in good hands.

I enjoyed the food, I think its a beautiful place and all care staff are brilliant and friendly.

Very pleasant staff are all most caring. The cleaning ladies couldn't be more helpful especially Julie, most considerate and kind, never hurries David I bless her heart. Staff are all patient to say the very least. Still have very happy memories of our boat trip on high seas.

I think its a relaxing place all care staff are friendly and very helpful and the food is perfect. Everywhere I go I can't find a speck of dust.

A beautifully run care home. All the staff are friendly and make me feel welcome every time I visit my father in law. The castle is very homely and clean. The gardens are very nice which include and an aviary, duck pond.

My father has been at Belmont castle for 2 weeks and settled in very well thanks to the staff and management. The meals are excellent and so much choice. Myself and family could not of made a better choice Belmont is a beautiful home.

Wonderful home, all the staff are so kindly and caring. Food, delicious and second helping!! We are so happy that our parents are being so well cared for, couldn't recommend Belmont Castle highly enough.

Submit a Review for Belmont Castle Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Belmont Castle Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belmont Castle Care Home