Belmont Castle Care Home, Havant, Hampshire

Belmont Castle is set in three acres of beautiful gardens, with panoramic views across the Solent and the Downs, it was established as a Residential Care Home in April 1986. The management of Belmont Castle pride themselves on offering a highly professional care service for the elderly, with a personal touch. The team are pleased to accept residents for long term, short term, convalescence, respite and holiday stays.

Residential care should never be regarded as a last resort; it can be a new beginning, which provides comfort and security to enjoy later years of life. It can eliminate the problems of the day-to-day living and should be a most effective way of overcoming loneliness.

Group: LRH - Homes

Person in charge: Juanita Pearce (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 37 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £620 – £820

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Belmont Castle Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.9 for Belmont Castle Care Home) is based on 91 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont is an excellent home. I can't fault it for anything. All the staff are pleasant and friendly. They do all they can for me and I've made some brilliant friends. They manage my illness very well and all my medical needs are met to the highest standard.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont has a lovely atmosphere and everyone is very friendly. Nothing is ever too much trouble and I enjoy having my own space. I feel safe and have lots of friends.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I feel it is time to make some comments about my mothers care at Belmont Castle so that other potential residents can at least see how good and positive I believe the care is for them and/or their relations. My mother has been a resident at Belmont Castle for 3 years now. When I have visited I have always been greeted as 'an old friend' by both management and care staff which gives me a warm and positive feeling about the residence. My observations over the 3 years have been eye opening on how Dementia type illnesses develop and how patient staff need to be when dealing with the demands of my mother, and indeed, other clients. It is reassuring to me that I am kept up to date with any issues very quickly, depending on severity, via phone or email. I have been impressed at how residents are addressed, which is on a very personal level. I have been present at many meal times and have even eaten onsite myself. There is always a good choice and plenty of it with a nice variety (especially the sweets)! I can see a lot has been done to enable the residents to help themselves and continue their independence where possible with lots of 'help yourself' areas. There is a lot of organised games/music etc to help stimulate the residents, which I find both enjoyable and beneficial to my mum and I. It's a real lift to see her dancing and laughing! There are also regular meetings held onsite, with other family/friends, to be briefed on any news/actions and feedback to management. All in all, I'm very happy that my mum is at Belmont castle. I have experience of other homes and I am glad she is there!

Belmont Castle Care Home

My mother has been in this home for 2.05 years now. At first she would not settle but with determination and care the staff she has a happy life in the home. The home is bright, well taken care off, the food is very good, a really good choice and plenty of choice. The laundry and cleanliness of clothes are well done. It is pleasant to visit my mum because of the friendly atmosphere.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I would like to recommend Belmont Castle for any awards possible. My mum (93) and her partner (87) have been resident at Belmont Castle for 3.5 years now. I often used to pass by this mini castle and often wondered what it was like in there, however, when mum started suffering Alzheimer's and had to go somewhere safe and caring for her everyday needs, I chose Belmont after careful consideration. I went to visit and straight away was welcomed in by the staff mainly Janice and was shown around with no appointment needed. This to me was the assurance I needed that the home was run equally morning, noon and night and never threw up any bad vibes. My Mum was very poorly earlier in the year and we thought she had reached the end of her life but with all the loving care and encouragement from the devoted staff my mum made a miraculous recovery with them helping her eat, drink and her personal care. She is now back her old self. The food at Belmont is excellent with fresh veg every day and a array of choices for breakfast and lunch with plenty of drinks and snacks in the fridge for residents to help themselves at any time. My mum and Bert are very happy there (my mum thinks she owns the castle) and I have no worries as I know they are being cared for exceptionally well. The gardens are well manicured and tidy with recently all new chairs, sofas and tables added - a complete makeover. There are fetes and family days which are fun and allow all the families to meet as well as the regular evening meetings to discuss what the care home is all about and latest news. This home is top of the class and deserves a 'gold medal'.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Superb care home, more like a country hotel. Staff are very caring and there are plenty of activities. The kitchens provide appetising food and my mum is delighted with the home baked cakes they serve with afternoon tea. The summer gala on the 19th June 2015 was excellent and the staff pulled out all the stops to keep both the residents and the visitors entertained. A lot of effort had obviously gone into the event with music, singing and even a 'knees up' with a big band swing theme. A fish & chip and ice cream lunch was served outside with great attention to detail - even newspaper effect wrappers. The patience of the staff is phenomenal. A brilliant event - well done to the staff and helpers for putting a smile on my mum's face.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My Mum moved in to Belmont care home in mid-June, she has a beautiful room overlooking fields. The staff have made my mum, sisters and me feel very welcome, they always greet us with a cheery smile and are caring, efficient and happy to assist in whatever way they can. Our Mum has not found the move easy but the staff are patient, sympathetic and do their best to ease this transition for her and us! I would have no hesitation in recommending Belmont Care Home.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Allowed freedom of access which is very important for me. I am a keen gardener and have been given a piece of land adjacent to my room. My husband and I are collectors of antiques - I have been given a large room to house my favourite pieces. The food is good - I arrived weighing under six stone but now over eight stone which speaks for itself. I trained as a non conformist minister and am now interested in setting up a pastoral visits for residents who are interested. Above all else, the carers really are caring and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Belmont Castle Care Home

A very well run home with caring staff and excellent facilities, nothing is to much trouble. From the first day my mother arrived the care she has received has been excellent, she has been treated with dignity and respect. The home has a very warm welcome and I cannot speak to highly of the staff who make this happen.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The home is very pleasant I couldn't wish for a better place. Everybody is kind and caring. So much food and choice I am being spoilt. Through the night if I need some help they are always helpful.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Everybody is very friendly nothing wrong with the food and family always welcome. I have a lovely room and view. The girls never hurry me and it is so nice to have a natter. There is always plenty to do if I wish.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My Mum has been resident at The Belmont Castle for 3 months & has settled quickly in her beautiful new surroundings. The staff have been amazingly attentive with nothing left to chance. Mum's every need has been provided for & nothing is too much trouble. She speaks in glowing terms about the quality & variety of the food provide & the flexibility around meal times. This is Mum's first experience of a care home environment & she had reservations about moving from independent living to a care home. Her fears have proved to be unfounded as she feels far more secure than previously, safe in the knowledge that if there is a problem she will receive immediate & appropriate care. This is of tremendous reassurance to me as well as I live two hours drive away & am not able to respond as quickly as I would like to any issue that may arise. Mum has made a number of new friends & has taken to engaging in playing on the giant scrabble board. The breadth of activities & events provided by the staff is incredible & I'm convinced that this stimulating environment is hugely beneficial to mum's mental health. Real thought & effort have been made in relation to the decor of the home with different areas available to those with different needs & vibrant colours used to transform previously dull areas. On my visits I have witnessed genuinely helpful & happy staff who always find time for a friendly word. I am delighted by mum's new home & couldn't recommend The Belmont Castle more highly.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My father-in-law moved to Belmont Castle for respite care because his wife had just died and he wasn't able to look after himself for various health reasons. Since then he has agreed that he needs to stay permanently at the home. He has told me that he is very well looked after and that all the staff are very kind and friendly. That has certainly seemed to be the case when I've visited, but he made a point of telling me that it's not 'an act' when visitors are there, but that the staff are like that all the time! From my own observation I would say that it's one of the best care homes I've come across. It's a lovely building, very tastefully decorated, light, airy and clean. The food always looks appetising. There are plenty of activities for the residents to join in with, if they wish to. The gardens are lovely to look at and walk in. My father-in-law's room is at the front of the house and he has a view of the sea in the distance, which he loves. I would happily recommend this home to anyone who needs residential care.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My Mother in Law has been in Belmont Castle Care Home for over a week now and she has settled in nicely and is participating in daily activities including Oomph (exercise for elderly) which I never thought she would. We were concerned that she would stay in her room and isolate herself as she's not the most sociable person, but to our delight she is downstairs all day every day (so far) and only goes back up to her room for bed. The food is great and we've not seen my Mother In Law look so good which was noticeable after only a couple of days. The staff are all passionate about the care they give the residents and they treat them all with respect and dignity. The process of placing my Mother in Law was painless and the staff made us feel assured that she would be cared for which was so important to us. We have agonised on whether we were making the right decision to place her in a care home. We visited several care homes before choosing Belmont Castle and while they were all nice, we just had a good feeling about Belmont Castle and felt that they have a passion for Dementia care. Now that my Mother in Law has settled in we know we have made the right decision. As her family & primary carers we feel a sense of relief knowing that she is in good hands and being well looked after by caring staff. My Mother in Law also feels that she is in safe hands and the burden of living alone has gone and she can now enjoy the rest of her life stress free. We were very lucky to have the choice of rooms and the one we chose has a beautiful view of the garden and Portsmouth. It also has an en suite shower room. The home in general is of good order and you can really see they have put a lot of thought into the decor/ornaments. The rooms are themed and varying levels of activity/noise levels so there is something for everyone. We have been made very welcome at all times and if the staff are busy with the residents you can make yourself tea and sit with your loved one.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they have a laugh and a giggle with you. The care is excellent if somebody is under the weather a gentle squeeze of the shoulder is appreciated. They have the knack of knowing when you need support and helping hand. The food is first class and always plenty to occupy your day. They keep our brains active. I would highly recommend.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Being at Belmont is like being at home. The staff and facilities are brilliant. The carers listen and care for me to the best of their ability. I'm greatly enjoying my stay here.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont Castle Care Home has definitely been the right choice for respite for my 89 year old mother who has advanced dementia. My wife and I were very impressed with the facilities and activities that were on offer to the residents. I can only praise the caring and professional attitude of the staff and would have no hesitation in recommending this establishment

Belmont Castle Care Home

We walked through the front door of Belmont castle and we both knew this would be the best place for mum. The staff were really friendly, helpful and supportive. The transition from hospital was efficient and with the upmost care and attention. The room is lovely with a beautiful bay window over looking the South downs. Mum is settling down very well and enjoying the good food. Thank you.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I wish to recommend Belmont castle for the best care and support.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I find the staff are very cheerful and very kind, my room is very comfortable. Thank you all.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont Castle offers a high standard of care & a very personal touch. The staff are kind, considerate & nothing is too much trouble for those in their care. The Residents have plenty to occupy them & friendly faces to talk to. I would not hesitate in recommending this Home to anyone.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The people I live with seem happy and cheerful and we do laugh a lot. There is always somebody who I can talk to.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I would recommend the home as we are looked after very well. My husband is always welcome at mealtimes and we spent pleasant mornings around the breakfast table.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I like everything about the home. Kind helpful staff, good food, excellent activities, no restrictions I always come here for a holiday.

Top quality Care Home with top quality staff
Firstly Belmont Castle Care Home came highly recommended to our family with regard to respite care for my Aunt. All aspects of care have certainly exceeded our expectations. Coming from a healthcare background both in the acute and primary care sector I have high expectations in all aspects of care and safety in the elderly and cannot recommend Belmont Castle highly enough. All staff are highly trained in the needs of all the different residents who are treated with patience dignity and genuine understanding. They go about their caring duties in a happy and cheerful manner and are extremely helpful. We have been given support and advice from the excellent management team who are very professional and experienced. Belmont Castle is in a wonderful situation with gorgeous grounds and far reaching sea views. This care home is exceptionally clean with excellent food and offers a host of activities for their residents. Well done Belmont Castle.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Staff are so supportive and friendly. The home is very comfortable and homely.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My father recently stayed at Belmont Castle for 6 weeks respite care. I can't thank Juanita and her team enough for their exceptional care, warmth and kindness. They really have made Belmont Castle a homely environment. My father flourished under their care and his family and friends were made so welcome when visiting. Belmont Castle is a very special place, the standard of care is exemplary, the staff patient, kind and caring. My dad is looking forward to his next stay.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The 85 year old lady - for whom I act as her carer/ advocate/ joint attorney, has recently joined the residents at Belmont Castle due to her increasing frailty in mind and body. It was my pre-retirement professional work, I visited a large number of elderly persons care provisions in Hampshire. This had highlighted the quality and empathy of Belmont, and had made it stand out above most others. At every contact with Belmont I was impressed with the real feeling of a loving, caring, safe community from the Gardner Handyman to the Cleaner; from the Carer to the Entertainer; from the Chef to the Manager, they are all the same with a committed involvement with the people coming first, in doing what is a very demanding role. Therefore because of my relationship with the lady, I was keen to see if she would be able to continue living her life to the full at Belmont. As with most Seniors it is huge step to leave your own home. Thankfully this is where she is now and progressing with the settling in process. To coin the phrase - Belmont Castle is what it says on its [tin] the web site.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont Castle is an outstanding home. My father in law suffers from confusion which had left him very depressed. Now he is living at the Castle he is socialising with others and has regained the twinkle in his eye. His appetite has improved. This is all down to the excellent care and compassion what is shown towards him and all the other people who live there.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont Castle was recommended to us by friends. From our initial telephone contact through arrival and ongoing visits we have been thoroughly impressed by the professional and more importantly, caring attitude displayed by all the staff. The facilities, activities and level of care are outstanding and nothing is too much bother. Mum-in-law was initially there for respite but is now a full time resident. While we were away Belmont made sure we kept abreast of any developments concerning her status and care package. The change in her status was forced on us at short notice and at a difficult time but the Belmont team have been v supportive, helpful and flexible. We cannot praise them enough.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I'm enjoying my stay so far the view from my bedroom window is lovely. The food is always nice, I like all the staff

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont is a lovely place to live. The carers and staff are nice. I enjoy all the food and drinks provided.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My room is comfortable, the meals are freshly prepared. The staff are wonderfully kind and considerate.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Good staff with pleasant surroundings. Enjoyable food.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My grandad Graham Pearce has been at Belmont for a month now. My family and I are very pleased with the high standard of care and all the staff are so welcoming and lovely. They treat him with dignity and respect and tend to all his needs.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My uncle Graham Pearce has been a resident at Belmont Castle for a month, the staff have been great, listening to his needs and treating him with dignity, and nothing is ever too much trouble. It's reassuring to know he is in good hands.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I enjoyed the food, I think its a beautiful place and all care staff are brilliant and friendly.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Very pleasant staff are all most caring. The cleaning ladies couldn't be more helpful especially Julie, most considerate and kind, never hurries David I bless her heart. Staff are all patient to say the very least. Still have very happy memories of our boat trip on high seas.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I think its a relaxing place all care staff are friendly and very helpful and the food is perfect. Everywhere I go I can't find a speck of dust.

Belmont Castle Care Home

A beautifully run care home. All the staff are friendly and make me feel welcome every time I visit my father in law. The castle is very homely and clean. The gardens are very nice which include and an aviary, duck pond.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My father has been at Belmont castle for 2 weeks and settled in very well thanks to the staff and management. The meals are excellent and so much choice. Myself and family could not of made a better choice Belmont is a beautiful home.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Wonderful home, all the staff are so kindly and caring. Food, delicious and second helping!! We are so happy that our parents are being so well cared for, couldn't recommend Belmont Castle highly enough.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Lovely setting, very pleasant surroundings, accommodation and staff where I visit regularly once weekly to see my friend. I feel that additional staff would always be a bonus to support residents, as staff are always busy assisting residents and they can be very demanding.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The food is great all the carers are friendly. I enjoy going out on day trips and the activities.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I have been my mother's main carer for many years. Her recent choice to move into residential care has been quite an anxious time for us all as a family. We had looked at a number of homes before visiting Belmont Castle. We walked through the door and were bowled over by this wonderful place. From the warm friendly welcome, to the very high standard of care from the wonderful, well trained, dedicated and caring staff. The home has a relaxed friendly holistic approach towards residents and their families and nothing is too much trouble. I have heard a number of residents remark on how well looked after they are and how happy they are at Belmont. There appears to be a good strong leadership team with a clear vision of providing 'the best of the best' for all at Belmont. It is an outstanding establishment. We count ourselves very fortunate that mum is a resident there, giving us all peace of mind.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I mainly like the people I have met who look after me. I like getting the food I want and enjoy being around everyone.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The food is very good. I enjoy being here and the place is beautiful.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Everyone does their best to care for me. Carers will do anything for me. The food is great.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I think its very nice, the food is good. Its very quiet. I'm really enjoying myself.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I collected my husband from two weeks respite care, on Monday 26th May. This is the second time he has spent time at Belmont Castle. He loves it there, and can't wait to go again. Belmont Castle is fabulous, and ALL the staff are great.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I have worked in care for 30 years up until I retired last year. When it came to finding a care home for my mum who has Alzheimer's I was very worried about choosing the right one. Mum stayed for rest bite at the Belmont over Christmas & loved it so much that when it was time to collect her she said she wanted to stay, so when it was time for her to go into care that's where she wanted to live. I'm so glad that was the choose she made because she is very happy there, the atmosphere when you walk in is very friendly & welcoming. The staff are very kind and caring not just towards the residents but also to family & friends that visit, the food is excellent & I have no worries about mums care. It is more like a hotel. I am very glad we found this home & can relax knowing she is being looked after so well.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I feel that the Belmont has very high standards, it is clean through out, the food choice is excellent for residents and flexible eating times and rooms. I feel that the staff respect the residents dignity and do not discuss personal matters in front of other residents or family.

Belmont Castle Care Home

In our opinion we as a family have found the staff and setting at Belmount Castle to be of a high standard. The staff are always happy to help, our Mum has been intergrated into the home and feels part of a family. We feel that she is safe and looked after well.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Mervyn has been a resident since just before Christmas 2013; he has some memory issues and was no longer safe in his home. The staff at Belmont Castle have been exceptional in making him fell at home with them. They are all enthusiastic staff with a genuine wish to work for the benefit of the residents. It makes a world of difference to his elderly brothers and sisters to know he is both safe and happy.

Belmont Castle Care Home

This is a lovely home, it has a great feeling to it as soon as you walk in the door It doesn't feel like a care home. The carers are both friendly & professional and the manager is so very passionate and proud of this home (which is good to see). My mum has Alzheimers and was placed here a few weeks ago - every member of our family who has visited her at Belmont have contacted me to say what a wonderful place and how lucky she is. I feel the same. The 24 hour kitchen is a breath of fresh air and again takes away the feeling of being a care home but gives freedom and choice. The food is very good too. There is such a lot of space, the rooms are of good sizes. In the grounds there are two ducks in a pen, an aviary and a lovely pond. Plus sensory gardens and residents have a designated area to do their own bit of gardening. Mums only be there for a few weeks but we are so happy that she is there.

Belmont Castle Care Home

A beautifully run care home in a beautiful location. The staff are kind and friendly and the residents all see happy. If you have any concerns or worries they are always dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My mum was in there for 4 years. We were very happy with the home then, after the first home we put my dad into before we moved him into Belmont Castle, where he was not able to move out of his chair or he would be shouted at and he was in pain because of not being aloud to move around. They are so caring, always friendly come in to talk to him cannot do more to help him. I cant say about activities as he will not leave his room.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I love living here always something going on the girls are so kind.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Find the home really friendly. The residents have lots of activities to keep them busy.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I like the people here, I have lots of friends. Food is very good, staff are very nice and always help me.

Belmont Castle Care Home

You certainly get well fed, I enjoy the gardens and teh attention that I always receive.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I am always made most welcome by residents and staff and made to feel part of the team. I am constantly impressed by the attitude of carers to the residents who always treat them with respect and dignity. I am greatly impressed with the amount of stimulus and activity there is provided for residents.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My mother was a resident at "the Castle" for twenty months. She suffered from dementia, but from day one she settled completely. Without exception, the care and understanding was first class. She even said "they should advertise this restaurant, as other people would love to use it". From the superb management down, everyone works as a team, their main objective being the unrivalled care and comfort of all the residents. Families are made extremely welcome, it is certainly home from home. Quarterly meetings are held with the families, and these are very informative, including the fantastic explanation and insight into the very complex nature of dementia affecting our loved ones. Sadly mother passed away in August 2012 but my husband and I are still very much involved as "friends" of the Belmont and have input as "people of experience". In our opinion it cannot be faulted, but management is always coming up with new ideas for further improvement.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The is managed excellently.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I like the place itself. I really like being down this way and I really like the staff.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I would recommend this care home to anyone who is thinking about moving into a care home. Excellent in every way.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The meals are excellent, lots of choice, we are treated very well. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The meals are excellent and I would recommend Belmont Castle to anyone.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The staff always listen. They treat us with respect and they are excellent.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I think it is very good. The staff treat us very well. Also, it is nice and relaxing.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont Castle has a home from home atmosphere.

Belmont Castle Care Home

You couldn't get a better care home. All the staff are very friendly and kind.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I can give no greater compliment to the caring staff at the Belmont Castle then to say that if ever I need care this would be where I would be more than happy to spend my latter years. My dear mum of 90 has been at the home just two weeks but has been made to feel so welcome and she is looking better than I have seen her for months. The food is excellent, staff are very kind and make my mum feel very welcome and cared for. There is a great choice of rooms for the residents to use, meal times are flexible and I always feel welcome when I regularly visit mum. I could not have made a better choice and I feel happy now I know mum is safe and really cared for.

Belmont Castle Care Home

It took a while for mum to settle but with the care and attention she receives she has become 'one of the family' at Belmont Castle. At least we can relax, knowing she is in the best of care.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Mum was very shy and reserved when she entered the Belmont but has gradually come out of her shell with the help of all the staff at the Belmont. This has been a great worry taken away from us and I am very pleased to forward these comments.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My grandad truly loved living here, the staff are welcoming and friendly, standards of care are very high and residents are included in all manner of activities that take place, especially the summer fayre and christmas carol service. I will continue to attend these events despite my grandad having recently passed away and i will try to show my support at every opportunity, as a thank you for all the hard work and dedication that the staff showed towards my grandad in his final years.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My grandad spent the last two years of his life at Belmont Castle, initially he hated the thought of having to go into a care environment but due to deteriorating health he had no other choice. There was lots of laughter and a homely atmosphere and he was extremely happy there. I still keep in touch by visiting regularly and helping out at any of their events. I am always welcomed there along with my children and the dog.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Nothing is too much trouble, you are always greeted with a warm smile.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Absolutely unique care home where residents enjoy a new chapter in life. Run with love, compassion and respect for the individual. I am 39 but will gladly go on the waiting list now, for my future care! There is not finer home from home and having experience of visiting elders in other care homes, there really is nowhere like Belmont Castle. Unique, excellent, exemplary.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My mother has been at the home for almost a year now. I visit her about 4 times a week, at all times of the day and have always found the home welcoming, pleasing and caring. It was my Mother's wish to go to the Castle and this has proven to be the perfect place to get the attention, care and love that she needs. I cannot recommend the Castle highly enough.

Belmont Castle Care Home

All staff are caring, considerate and always have the clients needs at the front of their care. They arrange many stimulating activities e.g cooking, scrabble, trips out, sing songs etc.

Belmont Castle Care Home

During the two years my mother has lived in the care home she has been treated very well by the staff. They have been thoughtful and caring when dealing with my mothers needs. The staff show an understanding of her condition and help her cope as well as possible under the circumstances. They are cheerful and friendly and interact well with my mother. She is well fed and opportunities are provided for her to have a more varied daily life if she so wished. Her room is cleaned daily.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I would highly recommend Belmont Castle. My father-in-law was a resident there, when he was unable to cope on his own, and always said he wished he had come earlier as it was like staying in a hotel. The staff were excellent, caring, and would do anything for him. He enjoyed the activities and the food.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I highly recommend Belmont Castle, my late father-in-law was a resident there and he always said it was like being in a hotel. The staff are very polite and friendly, and were trained to the highest standard. I have since became a friend of the residents and became volunteer in activities and social events.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Excellent standard of professional care, lots of stimulating activities, excellent food and accommodation and a very happy atmosphere. My sister-in-law was previously in another nearby care home and was not happy there. Now at Belmont Castle, she has settled well.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Staff are excellent, always get a friendly welcome. I would be quite happy to live in here if the time came.

Belmont Castle Care Home

I have been feeling very upset following the television news as to how some care homes treat their residents, and some have even died through their treatment. I am sure all relatives of Belmont Castle have been impressed by the way they and their family are treated. All the carers and other members of staff are very helpful and cheerful and all the residents are treated with dignity. Residents on short visits return again for respite if living alone. The gardens and surroundings are lovely and great to visit when the weather permits. I am 94 with 40 years nursing experience. I must admit I found it very difficult to accept when told I needed help, but I am now settled and grateful, feel safe and have no worries. Here we can treat the place as our home, no restrictions. The public must realise all homes are not bad.

Belmont Castle Care Home

Yes I would recommend the care home to others. The home is comfortably spacious, clean, friendly, and appropriate activities for residents and their needs.

Belmont Castle Care Home

The staff are usually very caring and attentive, showing a personal interest in my mother (resident for two years). I sometimes wonder at the staffing levels at certain times, likewise whether there is value for money (haven't checked other residences but the monthly fee is wearing on resources).

Belmont Castle Care Home

Belmont Cast is a welcoming, caring and happy place. The staff vary in attitude and application but for the most part are willing, hardworking and cheerful. The activities organiser does sterling work and there appears to be plenty to do if required. Perhaps entertainers (e.g. choirs) could be invited in. The home and gardens are well kept and inviting. Allowing residents input and acting on it is commendable.

Belmont Castle Care Home

My father was admitted to Belmont Castle as he was no longer able to look after himself in his own home. He spent the last two years of his life there which were full of laughter, happiness and fun. Can't thank the staff enough for their compassionate, dignified care they gave to my Dad right up to the end.

Submit a Review for Belmont Castle Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Belmont Castle Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belmont Castle Care Home