Fees Advice From Saga
East Hill House, Liss, Hampshire
East Hill House
East Hill House

Tel: 0808 137 1505

East Hill House is located in the village of Liss, in the heart of Hampshire, and provides residential and specialist dementia care for up to 32 elderly people in a unique setting.

East Hill House offers flexible care to meet individual requirements. Their residential care is ideal for older people who are able to look after their own daily needs without assistance, but who may occasionally require help from a care support worker.

The home also delivers specialist residential dementia care at the Willows, enabling residents to maintain dignity and independence in a setting purpose-designed to meet the University of Stirling’s universally respected dementia care standards. The Stirling approach ensures that residents are able to move freely around the home, with bedrooms and communal areas providing a safe and supportive environment. The home is ideally equipped to provide residential support for elderly people living with different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia and home level expertise is further complemented by Caring Homes’ network of national experts, including our Head of Dementia Care who has developed a dementia strategy which informs all our care.

East Hill House offers a full range of residential care support, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long term care. Residents are encouraged to bring important personal possessions to personalise their rooms. East Hill House operates an open visiting policy, where residents and loved ones may visit at convenient times. In common with all of our homes, East Hill House’s manager has a qualified nursing background.

East Hill House works to the nationally accredited Gold Standard Framework in palliative care. In addition, we work closely with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure we exceed all national standards, and East Hill House is regularly inspected and audited by Caring Homes’ own Care Services Team, which acts as our internal regulator.

Owner: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Samantha Booty (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 32 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Lift • Stairlift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on East Hill House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by East Hill House

(Residential and Dementia)
posted 09 Apr 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for East Hill House

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for East Hill House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of East Hill House on Tuesday 25 February 2014 by Victor P (Resident)

East Hill House tries to make everything as much like the home we left as possible. The staff are very well trained to help us to settle in and to help us with our problems. The rooms are very good and the bell system is very good. It has very good grounds with a new car park.

Review of East Hill House on Wednesday 19 February 2014 by Alison B (Daughter of resident)

The staff have been very helpful and understanding and very caring.

Review of East Hill House on Thursday 13 February 2014 by Graham Evans (Resident)

I would recommend this home. I am glad my son and daughter encouraged me to look at this place to live. I am grateful that I did.

Review of East Hill House on Tuesday 10 December 2013 by Carolyn Biggs (Daughter of resident)

We were very happy with the care our father recieved at East Hill House. The staff were brilliant, very friendly, and helpful.

Review of East Hill House on Wednesday 23 October 2013 by Alison P (Daughter of resident)

I would recommend East Hill House because my relative receives a high standard of care and attention from all staff. His welfare is monitored day and night and the staff are always quick and professional in the manner in which they respond to his needs. Although he has only been there a couple of months, he has settled in quickly and I quote from him "i feel like part of a family here."

Review of East Hill House on Friday 1 March 2013 by Terry S (Son of resident)

The care, support and attention to needs are excellent. My mother is being treated with both empathy and care. We looked at other options but it was the warm atmosphere and staff that made us choose East Hill House.

Review of East Hill House on Wednesday 20 February 2013 by Mark B (son of resident)

Lovely setting, excellent care.

Review of East Hill House on Wednesday 13 February 2013 by Janet M (Daughter of resident)

East Hill House is in beautiful situation, spacious with lovely view of trees and countryside. Staff are kind and caring and my father has been happily settled there for over 3 years.

Review of East Hill House on Friday 11 May 2012 by Daughter of Resident (Daughter of Resident)

I chose East Hill House because:- I needed to have mother close by. Good First Impressions. Welcomed by friendly staff. Everywhere clean bright and airy. Reception rooms and bedrooms well appointed. Residents well groomed and happy. Good activity programme. Mother is now cared for in a warm environment according to her individual needs.

Review of East Hill House on Thursday 26 April 2012 by Idris Edmondson (Resident)

I like being here at East Hill house. I like the clean environment that I live in. I receive all the care that I require. I enjoy all the activities offered to me. I do like to go out on the trips in the mini-bus. I feel that I am as happy as I can be. I cannot imagine being anywhere else for the help that I receive. I would recommend the home to my friends and family. I am allowed to live my life as an individual.

Review of East Hill House on Thursday 26 April 2012 by Marion Dutson (Resident)

I like living here at East Hill House because I feel like we are all one big family. We all look after each other. When I found myself needing a care home East Hill House said that I was able to bring my dog “foxy” with me. The staff and residents have made me able to live my life with my faithful companion and they assist me in looking after my dog which makes me feel that I have a very good life here. I feel it has taken all the worry away from my family so that we can enjoy the times that we have together without worrying. I have made my life here a good one with friends who care about me. As some of my family live many miles away they are reassured that I am looked after whilst they are not with me. Being here enables my youngest daughter to carry on with her everyday activities, but still be able to spend time with me whenever she can.

Review of East Hill House on Thursday 26 April 2012 by Mr Plumbley (Resident)

I have lived here for two years. I like the way the place is run by the manager and her team. We have the freedom to do anything that we want to do within reason. We are treated with respect at all times (more so than when I was at my own home in the outside world). I receive all the assistance that I require and I cannot imagine anywhere else that would give me the help and friendship that I have received here. When my family were looking for a home they looked at six different care homes. They then decided that East Hill house was the place for me to come. I came straight from hospital to live here. The food here is a higher standard than the food that I had in my own home. I feel that this home is a bit more than a home it’s a large family where we all care for each other. I have been given the unique opportunity to help with the everyday running of the home alongside the manager, running the residents meeting once a month helping the manager to interview new members of staff. I would recommend to family, friends and anyone that I know including people from my local church.

Submit a Recommendation for East Hill House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of East Hill House and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for East Hill House

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at East Hill House