East Hill House, Liss, Hampshire

East Hill House is located in the village of Liss, in the heart of Hampshire, and provides residential and specialist dementia care for up to 32 elderly people in a unique setting.

East Hill House offers flexible care to meet individual requirements. Their residential care is ideal for older people who are able to look after their own daily needs without assistance, but who may occasionally require help from a care support worker.

The home also delivers specialist residential dementia care at the Willows, enabling residents to maintain dignity and independence in a setting purpose-designed to meet the University of Stirling’s universally respected dementia care standards. The Stirling approach ensures that residents are able to move freely around the home, with bedrooms and communal areas providing a safe and supportive environment. The home is ideally equipped to provide residential support for elderly people living with different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia and home level expertise is further complemented by Caring Homes’ network of national experts, including a Head of Dementia Care who has developed a dementia strategy which informs all care.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Samantha Booty (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 32 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Lift • Stairlift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on East Hill House: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for East Hill House is based on 29 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.644 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.644 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.644 for East Hill House is based on 29 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.644 for East Hill House is calculated as follows: ( (223 Excellents x 5) + (103 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 334 Ratings = 4.644

The Quantity Score of 5 for East Hill House is calculated as follows:

3. (27 Positive Reviews ÷ 32 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.688 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

My mother is very happy and contented and being well looked after by all the staff. Whenever I visit my mother, staff always have time to talk to me about my mother. Recently we had Shelley my mums dog put down, mum naturally was very upset, when I took her dog away from her, the staff have been incredible, in comforting my mum and explaining to her over and over again what has happened to her life long friend. I cannot praise them enough, so glad that we found East Hill.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

My two sisters and I came to have lunch with mum, we had a large choice of menu and all three of us enjoyed our lunch, the rice pudding was amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this place to my friends and families because of the friendliness and everybody takes care of each other the same. I like this place because this is a lovely house and my family like this place. I have got some friends in here, I like the food very much.

Excellent residential home, driven by an energetic and ambitious manager, well supported by the deputy manager and activities co-ordinator and all carers with whom my wife and I come in contact with on a regular basis. All staff, without exception, are extraordinary, caring and patient with the residents, however challenging. The activities programme deserves a particular mention, given it is so imaginative and ambitious in the context of the limited abilities of the resident - more passive enjoyment that active participation for many. Impressed by the democratic structure of the home with the encouraged participation of the residents and relatives. I could go on...

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

I like this place because people are kind, they welcome you. I haven't found anyone unkind in here. I would be very sad if I have to leave this place. People are understanding, I trust people in here, I'm happy here they are looking after me. People never ignore me.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

First of all its a home that care. Some of the staff are very helpful and cares, always somebody here that will help you. I was in five different hospitals before I came here, my daughter recommended to try a care home and took the decision to move into East Hill House and that was one of the successful decisions which I have made in my life and this place is ideal for me and older people like me who need care and support, staff listens to you and then they recommend care. 1st class room.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

I like this place because I go through so many upsets but people are very kind to me. They are all better than I thought. My room is very comfortable.

This is a wonderful home, all staff are so friendly and helpful. Caring is very good, such a friendly place and i'm very very happy to be here. I would recommend this home to my friends/ family; when my family visit they find everyone in here is so friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

My 88 year old mother has been living at East Hill for approx 2½ years. She is very immobile with rheumatoid arthritis and very anxious. I am always impressed how East Hill cope with her increasing needs in a dignified caring manner. They also have unlimited patience with her.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

Staff are friendly, my room is nice and the food is good. I get enough support from the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Likely

I have lived here for over 6 years and have enjoyed everyday spent here. The staff and members have always looked been after in every way, the home and the garden are very well looked after too. The use of locals - schools etc. are very welcome here and we enjoy their visits with us. This home is as it is, one large family living here at all times. The training here is very good, even helping other homes in their training, especially in dementia and alzheimer problems.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this place to my friends and family because the staff are very nice, the room is nice. The chefs are doing their best to make the food well. I'm getting used to this place and I'm comfortable and safe.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

East Hill House is free and easy everything done on time, the girls are very helpful and cheerful. The room is big enough and I feel comfortable. The service is good and it gives my family peace had happiness. Its like a family in here and my sons know all the staff very well and they are happy with East Hill House.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

Staff are excellent. Service is very very good. I was in hospital before I came over here and I always prefer to be in here. I get the assistance as I need it and the staff are very understanding and helpful. The staff like their job. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Likely

This is a very well run and friendly care home. My Mother spent 3 weeks on respite care with her dog. They were both looked after extremely well. The carers took Mum's dog out for walks in the garden and because the dog was looked after mum was very happy. When I visited her she was laughing and joking. Now that she is back home she has decided that she misses the company and would like to move in as a permanent resident. So while we wait for a room, she will be attending day care. The home provides individual care packages to suit the needs of the residents. I cannot recommend this care home enough.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

My mother is very happy in the home always clean, hair done, clothes clean and matching. Lots of activities to participate in and watch, trips out. The staff are delightful very helpful and approachable and my mother likes them all. The hairdresser comes weekly. Her ulcers on her legs are regularly dressed and one has actually healed at 94 years old..

I cannot recommend this care home too highly. The staff are very kind and helpful. The food is excellent and tasty and nutritious.

My mother is always washed, nicely dressed and well fed. She is safe and "contained", unable to wander and get lost. Her leg ulcers are treated and bandaged. There are plenty of activities, well documented as my mother is unable to remember anything. The photographs are a very good idea - keeping us informed as well, as her. All the staff are lovely, helpful and nothing is to much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

Without exception excellent staff are very helpful in every way. My mother is always looking fresh and clean, her clothes are well pressed and obviously cared for. Her leg ulcers have improved and well treated and regular dressings have helped in the improvement.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

It is a very relaxed care home and the food is good and full of variety. Staff are polite and kind and generally a good caring home and environment with lots of activities for residents.

My husband was very happy at East Hill House for a respite break.

I know he would be happy to go there again.

East Hillhouse is a lovely setting with very friendly staff, I feel safe here. The food is good here and much better then the last home that I was at.

My mother has been at East Hill House for nearly 2 years now and I have always been happy with her care and support. The staff are very supportive and patient, treat her with dignity and give her the freedom to come and go as she pleases. Dealing with dementia is not easy and they do a stirling job. Nobody wants to go into care or put their loved ones in a care home but I and the family feel lucky to have found East Hill House !!! Thank you.

I am happy here, very happy, I would recommend to everyone. I have a lovely time with staff and other residents.

The staff are very kind and the food is good. I would recommend it I am happy here, super place.

East Hill House provides an exceptional service to the elderly. They have a family orientated ethos and there are very many activities which stimulate mind and body. They also have an excellent dementia care.

My parents have been residents for the past 2 years. During that time I have become very impressed with all aspects of the home. Both parents regard the home as theirs and are content with their lot. The standard of care is extremely good and the senior staff have been in post for many years. The quality of its food is up to that of a good restaurant and numerous activities are organised to keep the residents occupied.

Prior to accepting a care home for my mother, we visited countless facilities, East Hill offered the most friendly, caring services. The staff without exception are professional and go beyond what is acceptable. Nothing is too much trouble and we are happy that our father is receiving the 'finest care'.

This is a happy place to be. We are well fed and well cared for.

Submit a Review for East Hill House

Healthcare Assistant

To be discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Liss, Hampshire

Senior Care Assistant - Nights

To Be Discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Liss, Hampshire

Sam

Sam Booty

Joined: 2013

I have been a bit of a fixture at East Hill House since I first took a job working in the kitchen at age 15. Now, as the Home Manager, I’m proud to lead my professional and compassionate Care Team in delivering the highest standards of residential and specialist dementia care for the 32 elderly residents of this grand Hampshire home.

Having spent time working in every area of East Hill House, I like to think that I bring stability, continuity and a deep understanding of the home to my role. I take my responsibilities very seriously and strive to maintain a safe environment, promote the highest standard of care and make a positive difference to each and every resident’s life.

East Hill House has been such a big part of my life and I am delighted to continue the good work we do here, and to keep delivering the best possible care for our residents.

I believe in maintaining strong relationships with residents and their relatives and understands the important contribution that these relationships make to the successful running of a care home.

I’m passionate about the proactive support and training provided by Caring Homes, which offers great opportunities to progress within the company. I myself have continued my development since my appointment, gaining my NVQ Award and recently becoming a ‘Train the Trainer’ for dementia care.

One of my biggest achievements was being part of the East Hill House team that was awarded the title of “Care and Support Team 2011” at the Caring Homes Celebrating Excellence Awards.

Away from East Hill House, my life is filled with raising my young family. Having grown up in the village of Liss, I’m also a proud member of our strong local community.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at East Hill House