Oak View Residential Care Home, Hayling Island, Hampshire

Oak View Care Home is a service set up to give families peace of mind when their loved ones reach a long-term or temporary situation that requires them to enter a residential care facility.

This English Oak-owned home has many pleasing interior features to make people's stay a pleasant one, such as luxury furniture and fabrics, alfresco dining and en-suite bathrooms, whilst also looking out over a private garden, park and recreation ground.

Staff training procedures are in place to make certain that all areas of care are dealt with professionally, including health and safety, medicine administration, food hygiene and infection control, while the team are also skilled in dealing with the challenging behaviour of conditions like dementia, without causing the resident any unnecessary distress.

Achieving excellence in care has been achieved as summarised in quality audit reports, now set as a minimum standard.

Group: Stephen Geach English Oak Care Homes

Person in charge: Rachel Adey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 34 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 65 to 120.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £800 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £700

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Oak View Residential Care Home: click here

posted 15 Jan 2016

We currently have 1 ground floor en-suite single bedroom. This beautiful room has direct views over the 20 acre parkland, and has access to our secure rear garden.

The user Review Score of 8.9 for Oak View Residential Care Home is based on 6 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.897 is made up of 4.944 Points relating to the ratings and 3.953 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Having to admit my Sister to a home was something I have dreaded since her diagnosis of Dementia but, thanks to the lovely Managerl and her wonderful team, it turned out to be a very positive experience indeed. At Oak View, rather than make the residents fit a regime (like one establishment I have experienced), they create a person-centred, caring environment. Since the day my Sister walked into Oak View, I not only saw improvements in her well-being and contentment but I have been able to relax and get on with my own life knowing that she is in competent, friendly and trustworthy hands. Thank you Oak View.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak View Residential Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My wife's been a resident of the care home since November 2011, both she and myself have been very happy with the standard of care received. The staff are friendly, efficient and the home is always clean and tidy. I have never had the feeling that my wife is uncomfortable and she always seems to enjoy the food.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak View Residential Care Home? Likely

My mother is very well looked after and as far as I can see so are other residents. She is safe and treated with respect. The staff are very caring and professional. Even cleaners and cooks are caring!!

Rachel, the manager, is dedicated and professional, under whose leadership the staff transformed my partner (Gloria), who had hardly smiled at me for more than a year but, after I had transferred her to Oak View, she smiled at me every time I visited her. I grieved when she died there, but was happy that she had thrived on the care that they gave her.

My father-in-law was admitted to Oak View for what turned out to be the final days of his life. I cannot express how grateful I am to all those who cared for him during this time. The kindness and attention shown to him was second to none, by a team of carers who were both kind hearted and professional.
I would particularly like to thank the manager Rachel, who showed the type of affinity not often displayed by people in her position.
As a registered nurse myself, I was able to appreciate exactly how much pressure the team must be under, but at no time did this detract from the wonderful job they did.
Once again i thank you SO much from all of our family.

Great staff and well run carehome one of the best on the south coast.
Rachel is a first class manager. The home is well run clean and tidy the food is great and the staff do a great job cant fault this care home.

Submit a Review for Oak View Residential Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Oak View Residential Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Oak View Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oak View Residential Care Home