Sunrise of Fleet, Fleet, Hampshire

Sunrise of Fleet: Providing high-quality personalised residential care to residents and families throughout Hampshire. Sunrise of Fleet enjoys a quiet spot not far from the high street and moments away from the life of the town. With wide, easy-to-negotiate pavements and an abundance of coffee shops and restaurants, Fleet offers the perfect setting. Luxurious surroundings combine with expert care, a delicious menu of food and daily activities to create an environment that uplifts the mind, body and spirit. With quick access to the M3 and M25 to London and the south, their location makes it easy and convenient for family and friends to visit loved ones.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Kara Hooper (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, German, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Portuguese

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Fleet: click here

8.4 Sunrise of Fleet has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.400)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Fleet is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sunrise of Fleet in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4 for Sunrise of Fleet is calculated as follows: ( (32 Excellents x 5) + (52 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) + (3 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 105 Ratings = 4

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.4 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sunrise of Fleet is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15 positive Reviews (75 registered beds ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 15 Target = 0.400

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Fleet?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Fleet

Everyone is made very welcome always a smile. My husband does not understand why he is in there. But he is happy with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Don't know

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Fleet responded to this review on 22 Dec 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Fleet.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives.
The Sunrise of Fleet Team

On the whole, a good experience.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Fleet responded to this review on 21 Oct 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Fleet.
The Sunrise of Fleet Team.

I cannot praise the staff enough for the way they have looked after me since the death of my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in Sunrise a few years now. We have always found the staff helpful and we are always informed of any illness or accidents. Mum has a lovely room looking out to the garden. She seems to enjoy taking part in the activities but can also go to her room if she needs quiet. She enjoys the food but eats very little.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Extremely Likely

My sister has been a resident of Sunrise Fleet since July 2015. Overall her care has been satisfactory. I live about a mile away from the home so am able to keep a close eye on her health and welfare. This has been an enormous help as there has been occasions when I felt her care was lacking - mainly to do with her hygiene. Invariably once brought to the attention of the staff, it's been actioned and rectified.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Rooms not that clean - nets falling apart. Fridge not clean, toilet hardly ever clean. Checking on residents poor, vinyl in bathroom floor seen better days. Lights not cleaned, bulbs not changed, dark dingy - small room. Overcharged put up fees then gave it to new incomers off their yearly fees. Missing cups, plates, bowls. Food small amount, dinner doesn't look good.
Some staff excellent and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Unlikely

Management: Very Poor

Safety / Security: Poor

Rooms: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

UK Marketing, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Fleet responded to this review on 11 Oct 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunrise of Fleet.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We would like to understand your concerns further and would be grateful if you could email more information to us on information@sunriseseniorliving.com or please speak with our Community General Manager so that we can explore your concerns fully.
The Sunrise Team.

I have always been struck by the care, attention and courtesy given by the staff to the residents. The care given is discreet and not over familiar or overbearing. As a family member, I have been kept informed of any event of concern - no matter how minor - as soon after the event as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Likely

Very good. The staff are very caring and look after us well.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Fleet? Likely

Took up residence 18/02/16 after my dear wife passed away on 11/11/15. Daily routine in the home is quite acceptable except supper - 5:30pm. Daily being quite early. I have met and made a number of new friends. All are very kind and pleasant. Nice atmosphere. Staff all most cheerful and kind.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Fleet

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Kara

Kara Hooper

Joined: 2009

I joined Sunrise of Fleet in January 2009 as a Care Manager. In March 2012 I was given the opportunity to become the Assisted Living Co-ordinator and in November 2014 the General Manager. My passion in life has always been to help others. I feel honoured to be part of such an amazing team who demonstrate love and kindness every day to our residents. I receive job satisfaction every day when I see the love and passion that our team provide for our seniors. Sunrise of Fleet is surrounded by passion, fun and laughter. It’s a joy to come to work!

Louise

Louise Smith

Job Title: Reminiscence Coordinator

Joined: 2012

I started at Sunrise as a Care Manager in 2012. I am now proud to say I am the Reminiscence Coordinator here in Fleet. I love to provide our residents with the best person-centred dementia care. My aim is to make sure their days are filled with happiness and love while they are living with dementia. Seeing our residents smiling and enjoying life is evidence of the excellent standard of care we provide

Courtenay

Courtenay Hare

Job Title: Community Relations Associate

I joined Sunrise in December 2014 and loved my role straight from the start. As a CRA, I meet and greet all our new residents to the community whilst also helping with the organisation of events. I work at both the Fleet and Guildford communities which brings even more variety to my role.

Tony

Tony Dunne

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Joined: 2014

My job role involves me meeting prospective new residents and their families. I am proud to be representing Sunrise of Fleet and get immense pleasure from ‘showing off’ our community. I see myself as privileged to be a part of a professional and dedicated team, delivering first class care and maintaining the dignity and individuality of each of our residents. The families and residents I meet on a daily basis realise very quickly the benefits Sunrise of Fleet is able to offer, both in terms of the friendly and sociable environment and the proximity to local shops and amenities. I look forward to welcoming you to our community here at Fleet

Lucy

Lucy Paynter

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-Ordinator

Joined: 2013

I worked at Sunrise of Fleet since 2010 as a Lead Care Manager. Previously I worked with adults with learning disabilities, in a nursery with children, as well as an Office Manager, and a photographic assistant at Boots the Chemist. I am definitely a people person, who loves interaction with people from all different backgrounds and walks of life. This is reflected in my hobby too as I am part of an Amateur Dramatic Society, which involves putting on two musical productions a year (our residents enjoy coming to watch). I love singing, you may just catch me performing here as I recently did one afternoon for our residents! I thoroughly enjoy working here and am delighted to now be Fleet's Activities and Volunteer Coordinator. I look forward to providing our residents with variety, fun, and fulfilling activities.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Fleet