Seaview Residential Home, Southsea, Hampshire
Seaview Residential Home
Seaview Residential Home

Tel: 023 9282 5097

Welcome to Seaview Residential Home in Southsea, a home close to the sea with a warm welcome and a kind and caring atmosphere. Seaview is situated virtually on the seafront and has many rooms with great views of the sea. Also Canoe Lake and local pier are situated within a very short walking distance. Daily outings to the seafront and other local tourist attractions are famous among seaview residents.

Interested clients are invited to visit any time without an appointment and the team would be delighted to show you around. The team believe in high standards of care and individual attention to keep residents’ physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs in mind.

A friendly staff at Seaview offer a varied programme of activities, including armchair exercise and therapy. The local mobile library service visits regularly with a wide selection of large print, fiction, non-fiction and audio books. A range of visiting professionals adds to the services and facilities they can offer: Hairdresser, Beautician, Chiropodist, Optician and Dentist, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy can also be arranged.

As well as the in-house activities there are also regular outings to the lake, Pier, Kings Theatre and other local places of interest. In order to fulfil the resident’s spiritual needs, places of worship are a short distance from the home, and clergy of different denominations bring ministry to anyone who feels unable to go to church. Everyone at Seaview works towards the highest standards of care and believes in giving personal and individual attention to provide for all your physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.

Owner: Seaview Residential Home Ltd

Person in charge: William Warden (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Portsmouth City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 18 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Admission Information: 65 and over. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £700 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £450 – £550

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Seaview Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Seaview Residential Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Seaview Residential Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Seaview Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Seaview Residential Home

I was recently given the task to find and select a care home for my brother after a very long stay in hospital. During that selection process I visited Seaview and was immediately struck by the friendly, warm and caring nature of the team towards my brother's care needs and towards me as a family member. The move to Seaview took time even after selection but assurances given throughout the process kept reinforced my original thoughts about the quality of the home. I am happy to report that my brother is settling in well with both the team and residents assisting in making him feel welcome and giving him the support and care he requires.

Submitted by Derek G (Brother of resident) on Thursday 7 August 2014.

Review of Seaview Residential Home

A small homely residential home. Many of the staff have worked there for a long time. The manager and owner are friendly and accessible. No restrictions on visiting. Food freshly cooked with menu choice. Small day rooms so good choice of places to sit, away from the crowd and the TV.

Submitted by Jennifer Godden (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 6 May 2014.

Review of Seaview Residential Home

My sister Gladys has been in Seaview for 2 years 9 months. She's repeatedly saying she is so happy and couldn't be in a better place, I agree. The home is bright, very clean, warm and very comfortable. The staff are excellent, very patient and very caring also. They are very friendly to visitors, there is always a warm welcome. You are always asked if you would like a cup of tea or coffee and there is always a plate of biscuits served as well. This is my honest opinion.

Submitted by Marjorie H (Sister of resident) on Wednesday 24 October 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Seaview Residential Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Seaview Residential Home

William Warden

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2012

I am Seaview's dedicated manager, I work hard to ensure this really is a home from home. At Seaview we encourage dignity and choice this really is a place were people can settle and feel comfortable. I also ensure our staff all have an NVQ2 or 3 or are working towards it as nothing ensures good care like great knowledge.

Margaret Young

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2002

I am Margaret I have been with Seaview for over a decade and I don't mind admitting I myself am getting on in years, We believe this leaves me perfectly placed to help decide on all aspects of our home, care and activities provided as I am in a similar age group to our residents and understand more than most what they would like.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Seaview Residential Home