Hyde Valley House, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Hyde Valley House
Hyde Valley House

A skilled provider of elderly and dementia care, Hyde Valley House has multi-sensory and reminiscence therapy available for those whose conditions are affecting their cognitive ability.

In total some forty-six residents can be cared for in this comfortable facility, which runs a number of activities in collaboration with the local community in order to improve the lifestyle and independence of those with care needs.

Many health experts lend their expertise to the service, including a falls prevention team and hearing advisory service, as well as district nurses, physiotherapists and opticians.

Group: Quantum Care Ltd

Person in charge: Mandy Liles (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 46 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £625 – £800

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hyde Valley House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Hyde Valley House

No Bed Vacancies
(No Current Bed / Place Vacancies)
posted 01 Dec 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hyde Valley House

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for Hyde Valley House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Hyde Valley House

A wonderful home! I am most impressed with all aspects of the care and welfare of, not only my Grand-Mother, but all those who live in the home. The staff are all so helpful, caring and happy. My Grand-Mother see's the staff as members of her own family, need I say more!

Submitted by Kathy (Grand-Daughter of resident) on Sunday 23 February 2014.

Review of Hyde Valley House

This is an old home, but this is what makes it such a lovely home. It has a happy atmosphere and is full of friendly people; residents and staff obviously have wonderful relationships with each other. I have visited with my friend who's grandmother lives at Hyde Valley House, and have been made to feel welcome and at home. We last visited when there was an outside entertainer, he was singing songs from their earlier years, encouraging them to sing into the microphone with him. It was such fun to watch. You can see straight away that everyone there, whether resident or staff are happy to be there. It has really changed my view on care homes for the elderly; they really don't get the credit they totally deserve.

Submitted by Amy (Resident Visitor) on Tuesday 18 February 2014.

Review of Hyde Valley House

I would like to recommend Hyde Valley House. I visited recently to see an old friend and was pleasantly surprised. There is so much negative news in the press about care homes that I felt I had write a review. Hyde Valley House has such a happy atmosphere with happy residents and care staff. I could tell as soon as I entered the building it was a good home. The staff are helpful and caring and I could tell the resident felt happy and safe there. Everyone does a marvellous job!

Submitted by Pete (friend of resident) on Sunday 9 February 2014.

Review of Hyde Valley House

A friendly and welcoming home, it was good to see my friend happy and relaxed in such a caring home. The carers know all the residents really well and there are some lovely relationships...plenty of healthy fun and banter with lots of laughs. I wouldn't mind a room there myself one day!

Submitted by G Petter (Friend of resident) on Friday 31 January 2014.

Review of Hyde Valley House

I came down to Hyde Valley House visit my Grand Mother who I had not seen since she moved into the home. I did not know what to expect. She had always been such a proud and private person, she valued her privacy so much and I found it difficult to imagine that she would ever be happy in a care environment. When I arrived, I was let into the building by a very happy bubbly lady, who introduced herself and took me to see my grandmother. Everywhere I looked there were happy smiling staff and more importantly, happy smiling residents. When I saw my grandmother I was totally overwhelmed....She looked fabulous!! She was so happy to see me and introduced me to her friends with such excitement, my grandmother was obviously totally 100% happy and settled. It brought tears to my eyes seeing how she was, pure delight. It was a wonderful visit and we spent all day with her, which wasn't a problem with anyone. I cant thank the staff in there enough, just seeing the way my grandmother was that day was is enough for me to recommend this home to everyone.

Submitted by S. Naylor (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Saturday 25 January 2014.

Review of Hyde Valley House

Hyde Valley House has such a calm friendly and homely atmosphere! It is always lovely to go to visit my Mum and be made to feel welcome. Everyone makes an effort to be friends with residents and families alike and we are always made to feel we are still in control of our Mums life and care. There is a real sense of home from home, we were encouraged and supported to make my Mum's room 'hers' and have brought lots of her own belongings in to make her feel safe and give her a sense of belonging. The food is excellent and I have been able to have meals with my mum which I think is brilliant. I would not and do not hesitate in recommending Hyde Valley House to anyone needing a care home for a relative. Excellent in every area as far as I and my family are concerned. Keep up the good work!

Submitted by Anna Webb (Residents Daughter) on Wednesday 22 January 2014.

Review of Hyde Valley House

Hyde Valley is a great place to visit my relative, the staff are very warm and welcoming the atmosphere is like going from home to home. The home is fresh and clean and has lots to do to meet needs of every resident, the dementia care is excellent all staff do all they can to make daily life as normal as being at home. I would most definitely recommend this care home.

Submitted by Stacey Abbott (Resident relative) on Tuesday 21 January 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Hyde Valley House

There are no jobs posted yet for Hyde Valley House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hyde Valley House