Wisden Court, Stevenage, Hertfordshire

Wisden Court is close to Stevenage and tucked away in a quiet residential area. Wisden Court has all the comforts of home and with all the special items residents bring in with their memories the home is transformed and the memories shared with other residents and staff. Activities are always available and staff listen to residents’ interests and then prepare for a busy day.

Next door is the Day Centre so whether you are looking for long term care or just socialising and a nice lunch it can be found at Wisden Court.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Tracey Fletcher (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 46 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Wisden Court: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Wisden Court is based on 14 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.059 is made up of 4.45 Points relating to the ratings and 4.609 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Mum has been a resident for five months, initially in respite care, and then in permanent care. The help we received from the manager in getting her into permanent care was first-class. Mum's daily care needs are well met and she is settled and happy. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, and treat the resident's with dignity. Mum enjoys the food, which looks delicious. (the cakes are wonderful!) Staff are easy to approach with any concerns, and feedback on issues is generally good.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely LIKELY

My mum has been a resident at Wisden Court for more than a year. She was immediately made welcome and I feel she was valued as a person. I was initially concerned about "putting her in a home" although she had lived with use for 6 years. At 98 years old I was worried she would not accept her new place of living. I need not have worried.
She always says "It's very nice here." or "It's always clean." or "Everyone is very kind." or "The food is always good". These are just a few comments. If mum is happy, which she seems to be, then so am I.
She enjoys outings, visiting her hairdresser, and many other in house social activities. She always looks smart and well dressed. I believe excellence starts at the top, so many thanks to the manager for leading the care team, and providing an excellent environment where excellent care can flourish.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely LIKELY

Gives my mum support and care and keeps me well informed of any problems and issues that occur. The staff are friendly, approachable and I feel I can talk to staff and management at any time, regarding any concerns we have.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been a resident for about 18 months. The staff are very caring and mum is happy there. If my sisters or I ever have any concerns they are dealt with swiftly. The carers are of top quality and put the needs of the residents their top priority.
The building is showing it's age but is undergoing an update at the moment.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely LIKELY

Very pleased the way my wife is looked after. Clothes I buy for my wife I often see them on other residents which I am not keen on.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely LIKELY

I find Wisden a very homely, caring environment. My mother seems very content and happy. Whenever I visit she is dressed well, clean and presentable. Sometimes there is no carer in sight in her unit which is a little worrying. Mostly the carers are very good, more consistency would be good, as Mum gets used to people, but they regularly get moved etc. The home is looking a bit tired and untidy, but is being refurbished, so will wait to see results. Rooms are clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Likely

Compassionate, caring staff who go above and beyond. The manager is amazing, her door is always open to you and makes a difficult time in families lives easier. I am extremely lucky to have found this home for my mother who has dementia and has been at the home for the past three years. Every visit has always been met by lovely people who really care.

Both parents went into full time care in December 2014 and I couldn't be happier with the care they have received. The manager has been a wonderful support to myself and family. All the staff have been great and its helped me and my family to accept the situation both parents are in. I can't praise them all enough.

My mother has been a resident for 5 and a half years. The staff and in particular the manager have always been hugely supportive, not only of my mothers needs but respectful of my requests where her care is concerned.

The care home manager, all the staff and the residents are happy. The staff are very helpful and cant do enough to ease any concerns. The home is clean and tidy and the maintenance of the home is of a very good standard. I hear the food is nice and there are many activities of the residents to get involved with. I couldn't ask for better care for my mother. I can get on with my life knowing my mother is in safe caring hands. Thank you all at Wisden Court

Staff were very helpful and friendly particularly during the very difficult period of the early days, as my mother had never been in a home before. Hygiene, food and attention were all without fault. Now weeks later it is great to see that the staff have the same care and attention.

The family are all highly impressed with the professional approach to care given to James. We were amazed that after only 1 visit for a day and another for one night residential he gladly agreed to attend for two days a week. Hopefully this will extend to two nights a month to give me respite.

Mum placed in Wisden Court through social services. Family very satisfied with the level of care and attention mum is receiving. Staff are wonderful, food very good. An excellent care home.

Management very helpful. Staff do a wonderful job dealing with all aspects of age related problems and just get on with it.

Submit a Review for Wisden Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wisden Court

There are no jobs posted yet for Wisden Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wisden Court