Wisden Court, Stevenage, Hertfordshire

Wisden Court is close to Stevenage and tucked away in a quiet residential area. Wisden Court has all the comforts of home and with all the special items residents bring in with their memories the home is transformed and the memories shared with other residents and staff. Activities are always available and staff listen to residents’ interests and then prepare for a busy day.

Next door is the Day Centre so whether you are looking for long term care or just socialising and a nice lunch it can be found at Wisden Court.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Tracey Fletcher (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 46 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Wisden Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Wisden Court is based on 17 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.226 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.487 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.739 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.226 for Wisden Court is based on 17 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.487 for Wisden Court is calculated as follows: ( (107 Excellents x 5) + (64 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 187 Ratings = 4.487

The Quantity Score of 4.739 for Wisden Court is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

The manager and deputies are always available to answer all my queries. Rooms are well kept and clean. They greet you on arrival and when you leave. Residents are happy, they are friendly with each other, talk to visitors. I feel comfortable that my brother is happy and safe, well looked after, he actually asked if he could stay at Wisden Court which was good because he had settled. I really have nothing to complain about which makes me feel comfortable with his choice. You can visit anytime. I would definitely recommend this nursing home run by Runwood Homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

Mum was resident at Wisden Court for six months. The staff are all outstanding. The care mum received especially during the last few weeks of her life, was professional, dignified and loving. We were so pleased she was able to pass away peacefully in a place we always considered her home among st people who really cared for her. The carers who looked after mum loved and respected her and mum loved them. As relatives we were always made very welcome and also felt like part of the "family". We were well looked after and supported. Really can't find fault with this lovely, friendly, homely place.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

My father who has just died, aged 93, has been in care home for 5 years. I have only good memories of my fathers stay there. What lovely friendly carers. His last five years are a trip to Southend, parties, singsongs. Lovely Christmas and birthday cakes. The food at this home was **** stars and my dad liked his food!! His room was always clean and tidy and my dad was always clean and tidy too, my sisters and i were always welcomed at this home. I have only praise for these hard working and dedicated carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a resident for five months, initially in respite care, and then in permanent care. The help we received from the manager in getting her into permanent care was first-class. Mum's daily care needs are well met and she is settled and happy. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, and treat the resident's with dignity. Mum enjoys the food, which looks delicious. (the cakes are wonderful!) Staff are easy to approach with any concerns, and feedback on issues is generally good.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident at Wisden Court for more than a year. She was immediately made welcome and I feel she was valued as a person. I was initially concerned about "putting her in a home" although she had lived with use for 6 years. At 98 years old I was worried she would not accept her new place of living. I need not have worried.
She always says "It's very nice here." or "It's always clean." or "Everyone is very kind." or "The food is always good". These are just a few comments. If mum is happy, which she seems to be, then so am I.
She enjoys outings, visiting her hairdresser, and many other in house social activities. She always looks smart and well dressed. I believe excellence starts at the top, so many thanks to the manager for leading the care team, and providing an excellent environment where excellent care can flourish.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

Gives my mum support and care and keeps me well informed of any problems and issues that occur. The staff are friendly, approachable and I feel I can talk to staff and management at any time, regarding any concerns we have.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for about 18 months. The staff are very caring and mum is happy there. If my sisters or I ever have any concerns they are dealt with swiftly. The carers are of top quality and put the needs of the residents their top priority.
The building is showing it's age but is undergoing an update at the moment.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

Very pleased the way my wife is looked after. Clothes I buy for my wife I often see them on other residents which I am not keen on.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Extremely Likely

I find Wisden a very homely, caring environment. My mother seems very content and happy. Whenever I visit she is dressed well, clean and presentable. Sometimes there is no carer in sight in her unit which is a little worrying. Mostly the carers are very good, more consistency would be good, as Mum gets used to people, but they regularly get moved etc. The home is looking a bit tired and untidy, but is being refurbished, so will wait to see results. Rooms are clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Wisden Court? Likely

Compassionate, caring staff who go above and beyond. The manager is amazing, her door is always open to you and makes a difficult time in families lives easier. I am extremely lucky to have found this home for my mother who has dementia and has been at the home for the past three years. Every visit has always been met by lovely people who really care.

Both parents went into full time care in December 2014 and I couldn't be happier with the care they have received. The manager has been a wonderful support to myself and family. All the staff have been great and its helped me and my family to accept the situation both parents are in. I can't praise them all enough.

My mother has been a resident for 5 and a half years. The staff and in particular the manager have always been hugely supportive, not only of my mothers needs but respectful of my requests where her care is concerned.

The care home manager, all the staff and the residents are happy. The staff are very helpful and cant do enough to ease any concerns. The home is clean and tidy and the maintenance of the home is of a very good standard. I hear the food is nice and there are many activities of the residents to get involved with. I couldn't ask for better care for my mother. I can get on with my life knowing my mother is in safe caring hands. Thank you all at Wisden Court

Staff were very helpful and friendly particularly during the very difficult period of the early days, as my mother had never been in a home before. Hygiene, food and attention were all without fault. Now weeks later it is great to see that the staff have the same care and attention.

The family are all highly impressed with the professional approach to care given to James. We were amazed that after only 1 visit for a day and another for one night residential he gladly agreed to attend for two days a week. Hopefully this will extend to two nights a month to give me respite.

Mum placed in Wisden Court through social services. Family very satisfied with the level of care and attention mum is receiving. Staff are wonderful, food very good. An excellent care home.

Management very helpful. Staff do a wonderful job dealing with all aspects of age related problems and just get on with it.

Submit a Review for Wisden Court

Night Care Assistant

£7.45 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Stevenage, Hertfordshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wisden Court