The Island Residential Home, Sheerness, Kent

The Island Residential Home is a purpose built care home registered with the Care Quality Commission for the provision of Residential Care.
The home is based in Leysdown on Sea on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent and has been a registered care home under the same ownership since 1986.
The home is dual registered for both older people with 24 beds and people with a physical disability (18-65yrs) with 20 beds. The ground floor of the building is used for people with a physical disability and the first floor is used for older people.

The core business is to provide residential care for both male and females who are either older people with age related health issues or adults with physical disabilities or have sensory impairment.

The home accepts service users for long term, short term, respite and emergency care but does not provide formal nursing care.

Owner: The Island Residential Home

Person in charge: K K Pawar and B Pawar (Partners)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 44 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Substance Misuse • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Panjabi, Punjabi

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £472 – £650 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £472 – £650

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Island Residential Home: click here

posted 02 Jul 2015

Bedroom vacant for people with physical disablities.

The user 'Review Score' (9.6 for The Island Residential Home) is based on 17 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

The Island Residential Home

My mother has only just moved into this home, I looked at other homes, some were much more modern and looked like a new hotel but lacked the personal touch, others were shabby and not very nice, The Island home is homely and very clean, the staff are welcoming and willing to help at every opportunity, I know this will be a difficult transition for my mum but was pleased to leave her in friendly hands.

How likely would you be to recommend The Island Residential Home? Extremely likely

The Island Residential Home

I would highly recommend this care home to friends and family. The care that my brother has received is as if he is part of their family. On arrival you are made to feel welcome. The staff are always friendly and happy to see you. Tea or coffee is offered, its a nice and homely atmosphere. The residents can keep their individuality which is good. I have never had to make a comment about cleanliness or smell! Great.

The Island Residential Home

I am more than satisfied with the home. Elsie receives good care from the carers. The food is very good and her room is kept clean. On the whole she is happy with her care.

The Island Residential Home

I was in a bad way before I came here, I used to drink alcohol and take drugs. I never ate much food. Now I eat properly, don't take drugs or drink alcohol. The staff are like nagging wives but it's good. I now have friends as friends and not what they can get out of me, like my last lot of friends. My room is always cleaned as well.

The Island Residential Home

All staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble, you only have to ask.

The Island Residential Home

I have lived here for many years. My sister speaks to me on Skype which makes me happy because she lives in Africa. I made decisions to how I have my room and the food is good. We have barbeque's in the summer, I enjoy those.

The Island Residential Home

Very good home, good service, pleasant and profession staff who are always polite and willing to help. Home itself is clean with lots on offer for all people with disabilities.

The Island Residential Home

I get more help from the staff here than I did in my last place.

The Island Residential Home

I am happy with my room, I choose the paint colours. I was able to choose my own furniture and fittings. I have all my nice things on my shelves, very happy with everything.

The Island Residential Home

From the care and attention dealing with residents I would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely home to anyone should I need full-time care my self. I cannot think of a better place to see out my years. Food is excellent, I have tried it.

The Island Residential Home

We have always been very happy with the care and compassion extended in the time he has been at this home and have every confidence this will continue.

The Island Residential Home

I have lived here many years and have never needed to complain, that must say something for the home and the care provided as well as support.

The Island Residential Home

I used to come to the Island for respite and then moved in. I think the staff are wonderful and now I have a grandson, I feel happier with my life and take each day as it comes.

07759 128441
This home has been wonderful to my mother, they all care for extremely well. They keep us informed of any changes as soon as they can. She has recently had a lot of health problems and they have gone the extra mile for mum and for us. We feel confident in their ability to see to mum's needs, they are part of our family. I can't be happier with everyone here.

The Island Residential Home

I have lived at this home for a long time. I feel safe but also have my own independence as I have an electric wheelchair. The care staff are very helpful when I need it. This is my home.

The Island Residential Home

Before I came to this home, I was in my own flat but kept hurting myself. Now I'm here I feel safe and the carers are very helpful. The food is lovely and my room is how I like it with my family photos around me. I'm very happy here.

The Island Residential Home

I have never felt so welcome in this home. I used to live on my own and not see anyone for days. The staff are kind to me and the food is wonderful. I have no complaints.

Submit a Review for The Island Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Island Residential Home

There are no jobs posted yet for The Island Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Island Residential Home