The Old Rectory, Romney Marsh, Kent

The Old Rectory provides a high standard of care, companionship and safety in a delightful extended Victorian home and garden. They care for the elderly and ensure residents' privacy, dignity and comfort is maintained at all times. They aim to make life enjoyable and therefore the care needs of each resident is tailored to suit, they encourage residents to play an active role in the way the home is run. Family and friends are always welcome to visit.

The Old Rectory is a home run with a lovely family atmosphere. They can accommodate up to 35 residents in single or shared rooms. Residents can be accepted privately or through state funding. All the rooms have their own individual character and by providing your own furniture, if you wish , you can really make them home from home. However, they are happy to provide any furniture that you may require and extend a warm welcome to all prospective residents who wish to view the home.

Owner: Mr & Mrs T Blundred

Person in charge: Mr & Mrs T Blundred (Owners)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 35 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £346 – £614 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £346 – £614

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Old Rectory: click here

posted 10 hours ago

En-suite Room

The user 'Review Score' (9.6 for The Old Rectory) is based on 12 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

The Old Rectory

Staff and management caring and friendly. Food excellent. Clean and good entertainment on regular basis for residents.

The Old Rectory

I would highly recommend this home. My mother moved from a sheltered accommodation in Hampshire to this home in Kent earlier this year following failing health and unable to care for herself adequately. She has thrived in this home since her admission. She has been made very welcome, she eats well, is in better health wise and much more alert. The staff are friendly, accommodating and the proprietor is more that accommodating to my mother and to us.

The Old Rectory

This home is a wonderful family run home, with very efficient & friendly staff that have made the transition for my Father into residential care very smooth and carefree. I would recommend this home to anyone.

The Old Rectory

My mother spent the last eight years here. It was warm, welcoming and homely with a wonderful team of carers. My mother was treated with kindness and respect. I was always welcomed and shall continue to pop in for coffee as I was treated as a friend always.

The Old Rectory

I have always been made to feel welcome, and nothing is too much trouble. I can turn up at any time, very clean and I can feel my dad is very well looked after.

The Old Rectory

At the age of 86 I considered selling my bungalow and moving into sheltered accommodation where I could have help but keep my own independence. I then realised that when the time came I would have to go through all the trauma of selling a property and moving again, so I decided to move to a care home and came into the Old Rectory. Here I have the best of both worlds. A lovely room, loving care and yet have kept most of my independence. I could not be happier and feel very lucky.

The Old Rectory

Of all the homes I visit this is the one I would choose as my retirement or that of an elderly frail relative. This family run home is friendly, clean, warm and cheerful. The staff are mainly long term with very little turnover. The residents see visitors pets also children which the soon reminisce about their own.

The Old Rectory

Warm and friendly caring and made to feel nothing is too much trouble. Clean and feel well looked after and safe. Everyone does everything to make my life comfortable.

The Old Rectory

Excellent standards of care, will recommend to any further elder people requiring future help.

The Old Rectory

I would highly recommend The Old Rectory as it is a warm, friendly, caring home with great staff and management. No problem is ever an issue, it is dealt with fast and effectively.

The Old Rectory

Always very impressed with the home; very clean, well run. Clients are very happy and comfortable.

The Old Rectory

June 2014 Update to previous recommendation. My Mum has now been here for 3 1/2 years. She is so happy & so well cared for. They have weekly activities which she takes part in & enjoys. They are well fed & certainly not hungry with a menu she enjoys. In October she will be 90 & she's having a party, not that she knows. The home have offered to cater it which is great for me as I'm 100 miles away with my own health problems, so I don't have to worry. Her friends are always greeted well when they visit. Mum is cared for really well. And when she has accidents the staff are there to help quickly with no fuss or beratement. I really cannot recommend it highly enough. I'm so pleased we found it as she is not just in 'a care home' but in a caring family home to see her days out. And I know she is safe, active or as much as she can be, but most of all happy. Anne S

Submit a Review for The Old Rectory

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Old Rectory

There are no jobs posted yet for The Old Rectory

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Old Rectory