The Old Rectory is a converted Victorian home that carries out services with a focus on privacy and dignity, within environments where residents are supported in taking an active role.

The home has a large garden and patio area, while being ideally located for access to community life and a short distance from the beautiful 'Golden Sands'.

Many social events are held to contribute to the social atmosphere and further reach out to the community.

Owner: Mr & Mrs T Blundred

Person in charge: Mr & Mrs T Blundred (Owners)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 26 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £346 – £614 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £346 – £614

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Old Rectory: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for The Old Rectory) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

The Old Rectory

This home is a wonderful family run home, with very efficient & friendly staff that have made the transition for my Father into residential care very smooth and carefree. I would recommend this home to anyone.

The Old Rectory

My mother spent the last eight years here. It was warm, welcoming and homely with a wonderful team of carers. My mother was treated with kindness and respect. I was always welcomed and shall continue to pop in for coffee as I was treated as a friend always.

The Old Rectory

I have always been made to feel welcome, and nothing is too much trouble. I can turn up at any time, very clean and I can feel my dad is very well looked after.

The Old Rectory

At the age of 86 I considered selling my bungalow and moving into sheltered accommodation where I could have help but keep my own independence. I then realised that when the time came I would have to go through all the trauma of selling a property and moving again, so I decided to move to a care home and came into the Old Rectory. Here I have the best of both worlds. A lovely room, loving care and yet have kept most of my independence. I could not be happier and feel very lucky.

The Old Rectory

Of all the homes I visit this is the one I would choose as my retirement or that of an elderly frail relative. This family run home is friendly, clean, warm and cheerful. The staff are mainly long term with very little turnover. The residents see visitors pets also children which the soon reminisce about their own.

The Old Rectory

Warm and friendly caring and made to feel nothing is too much trouble. Clean and feel well looked after and safe. Everyone does everything to make my life comfortable.

The Old Rectory

Excellent standards of care, will recommend to any further elder people requiring future help.

The Old Rectory

I would highly recommend The Old Rectory as it is a warm, friendly, caring home with great staff and management. No problem is ever an issue, it is dealt with fast and effectively.

The Old Rectory

Always very impressed with the home; very clean, well run. Clients are very happy and comfortable.

The Old Rectory

June 2014 Update to previous recommendation. My Mum has now been here for 3 1/2 years. She is so happy & so well cared for. They have weekly activities which she takes part in & enjoys. They are well fed & certainly not hungry with a menu she enjoys. In October she will be 90 & she's having a party, not that she knows. The home have offered to cater it which is great for me as I'm 100 miles away with my own health problems, so I don't have to worry. Her friends are always greeted well when they visit. Mum is cared for really well. And when she has accidents the staff are there to help quickly with no fuss or beratement. I really cannot recommend it highly enough. I'm so pleased we found it as she is not just in 'a care home' but in a caring family home to see her days out. And I know she is safe, active or as much as she can be, but most of all happy. Anne S

The Old Rectory

Over and above care and consideration for residents. Excellent stimulation with entertainment every week. First class food. Meetings with the residents to discuss menus. Likes & dislikes overall a happy homely atmosphere in a lovely bright house. A small friendly home. With affectionate very caring staff.

Submit a Recommendation for The Old Rectory

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Old Rectory

There are no jobs posted yet for The Old Rectory

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Old Rectory