Longlands, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Longlands is registered for forty-eight residents and offers a team of skilled and friendly carers, able to provide care for older people and adults with dementia or a physical disability, while also being able to offer day care.

Care homes from The Orders of St John Care Trust are well respected in Lincolnshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire where the voluntary sector charity has a strong presence after seeing healthy growth since it first opened homes in 1992.

All residents are supported in the pursuit of active lifestyle and personal interests, while benefitting from a care philosophy that prioritises dignity and independence alongside health, safety and security.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Vilma Collaku (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 48 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Longlands: click here

The user Review Score of 9.8 for Longlands is based on 23 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.797 is made up of 4.88 Points relating to the ratings and 4.917 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I think the food is excellent. I came to live at Longlands with my sister a short time a while ago, sadly I lost my sister during this time. The manager made it possible for me to visit my sister at the hospital, I thought this was excellent, I am very happy at Longlands, the staff are all excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

All the staff here are kind. I speak highly of each and everyone of them, they are all very supportive and helpful. This is my 3rd day here I have joined some activities and really enjoyed them and met some lovely people.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

I have not been at Longlands for long. I find the staff very friendly and helpful. The staff here are encouraging me to walk and to try new activities. I have made several new friends and really enjoy time here.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

My Mum has always said that she enjoyed her stay and how nice and helpful the staff were. When visiting I was always made welcome by the friendly staff and I was pleased with the cleanliness of the communal areas and my Mum's room. Overall we were both very pleased with the care and conditions and hope we can visit again in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Recently I've noticed its really nice, homely and extremely supportive. I don't often see my mum but she definitely seems to see it as home, she always looks lovely and I don't always ring to say I'm coming as I live in London, its definitely settled me down knowing my beautiful mummy is really being cared for. My mum doesn't recognise me anymore, which is heart-breaking. Yesterday the staff in the office were just so caring. I really believe mummy is happy. Thanks to all the caring from cleaners, cooks, nurses, they are fabulous! Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

I haven't visited the care home for some months now. Upon my arrival today, I have seen some great improvements from the last time I was here. All the new furniture looks great, it looks and smells great and the new uniform for the staff make the carers look very professional. I think the new manager has really excelled herself making this a happy and enjoyable environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

I came to Longlands to visit my niece and ask to stay for a month to see what it was like. I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience I enjoyed going out to the local coffee morning and building new friendships and meeting new people. I have since visited and been made to feel very welcome. I keep asking the manager if I can move in. I love Longlands.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

My mother became a resident at Longlands in August of this year, so she has now been living there for about 3 months. As a family we have nothing but praise for the staff, cleanliness, food, entertainment, empathy and hospitality that they have shown to my mother and us.
We really didn't want Mum to go into a care home, but realise now that we should have considered it along time ago. Mum has come on so much. When she was in her own home she never ventured out and sat and watched TV all-day, now she goes out on organised trips, joins in activities and even goes out with family on the local bus, its just amazing.

If you are looking at a care home for an elderly relative, just visit and see for your self, in our opinion we feel very very lucky that mum is happy, healthy and is interested in life and smiling again.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

This care home is excellent. The staff are wonderful. They provide excellent standard of care, nothing is too much trouble and they all seem happy in their work Any special request or help required is dealt with promptly and efficiently. My mother did not want to go into a care home but she has settled in well. I can highly recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Warm, friendly, staff are very helpful. Mum has got lots to freedom to move within the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

The staff are very friendly and it's a nice place, and you can sit in different areas.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

I have lived at Longlands for a few years now, I enjoy my time here and have a giggle with all the staff. We had a lovely trip to the seaside and I enjoy going to the local community coffee morning most weeks. My sister visits me and is made very welcome by all the staff. If I want a drink the carers will go to the shop for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Lovely welcome entrance way.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Don't know

On coming into contact with Longlands I was impressed with the eagerness to make residents comfortable and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Since living at Longlands I feel cared for and safe. My family and friends are always made to feel very welcome. The food is first class with lots of choices at meal times. I have become a volunteer at school for the past year now, I love meeting new people and enjoy taking part in different activities. I spend most of my time in the music room.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Longlands in Oxford have been a god send, my mum is 90 years old and I truly believe that Mum would not be here if it had not been for the dedication of the workers here. Mum's care needs are well met, as far as mums dementia allows, much worse she did not recognise me first of all which I found difficult. But I'm pleased and so it my twin sister about the care mum gets.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

I found the staff very friendly and the food was good, I have been around quite a few care homes, and find Longlands to be in the top 3 on the Oxford area. If I found any fault it would be the parking which I find difficult sometimes.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Vilma Collaku, Home Manager at Longlands responded to this review on 28 Aug 2015:

Thank you so much for your review, which I will share with the team. Your comments are very much appreciated. I sympathise with your parking difficulties. Although parking spaces at Longlands are used by our employees as well as visitors to the home, I always encourage my team to be considerate of visitors and request that they park their vehicles around the side of the home, where they are safe. This helps a little to alleviate the pressure on space availability in our car park. However, we do recognise that this is a difficulty and please be assured that we will continue to try and find a practical solution.

I have come to Longlands to stay for a short time until I feel better. I have really enjoyed my time here so far. I have made some new friends here. I enjoyed taking part in the music activities. I have never sang so much. I have enjoyed the community joining us for Clockhouse over 50's sing along. The staff are all very kind and helpful. When my husband comes to visit every day he is made very welcome and always joins us for pudding even though he has eaten at home.

My mother has been resident at Longlands for over two years. Having had experience of other homes with family members, I can honestly say that Longlands is by far the best. The quality of care my mother receives is excellent and she frequently tells me how happy she is there . The home si wonderful, friendly atmosphere and there is always an activity going on, many of which my mother enjoys. The staff are always helpful and welcoming when we visit and I am always impressed by their enthusiasm and dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

Ever since my father came to Longlands he is well cared for. He is happy and usually he likes singing and joining in the activities that they do he is cheerful and has a laugh. I cannot fault the care staff. Give they like to have a laugh with the residents its a lovely atmosphere. I have recommended it to friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely LIKELY

I have lived at Longlands for over a year now. Longlands is very homely I enjoy living here. I have stayed at three other homes but found Longlands the best and would not want to move anywhere else. Since living at Longlands I have become a volunteer at the local primary school every Tuesday during term time. I also go to the local coffee mornings in the community every Wednesday. I have made lots of new friends and tried activities I would never of tried before. All the staff and manager are very nice and helpful. I enjoy running the fates twice a year. I am looking forward to the next one in August.

I feel that Longlands has made a real difference to my life, since losing my husband. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't moved here, I went days without seeing people. I have made some lovely friends, I join most activities and enjoy our local community coffee morning where I have met more friends. I take part in most garden centre trips, tried new things that I have never tried before.

My auntie is very happy and gaining weight since being in Longlands. I am always welcome by staff and managers, door i always open, I feel I can talk to her about anything. The handyman is always helpful. I help with some activities and feel they are very good and bring a lot of joy to the residents with a good variety for everyone. The home is lovely and I am very happy.

Submit a Review for Longlands

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Longlands

There are no jobs posted yet for Longlands

Vilma Nuzi

Joined: 2015

The forty eight residents at Longlands receive a high quality of care from over forty five staff members including, carers, ancillary staff and an administration assistant. The team is led by the manager who is supported by a Head of Care and a team of Care Leaders.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Longlands