Longlands, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Longlands is registered for forty-eight residents and offers a team of skilled and friendly carers, able to provide care for older people and adults with dementia or a physical disability, while also being able to offer day care.

Care homes from The Orders of St John Care Trust are well respected in Lincolnshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire where the voluntary sector charity has a strong presence after seeing healthy growth since it first opened homes in 1992.

All residents are supported in the pursuit of active lifestyle and personal interests, while benefitting from a care philosophy that prioritises dignity and independence alongside health, safety and security.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Vilma Collaku (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 48 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Longlands: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Longlands) is based on 6 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Longlands

I have come to Longlands to stay for a short time until I feel better. I have really enjoyed my time here so far. I have made some new friends here. I enjoyed taking part in the music activities. I have never sang so much. I have enjoyed the community joining us for Clockhouse over 50's sing along. The staff are all very kind and helpful. When my husband comes to visit every day he is made very welcome and always joins us for pudding even though he has eaten at home.

Longlands

My mother has been resident at Longlands for over two years. Having had experience of other homes with family members, I can honestly say that Longlands is by far the best. The quality of care my mother receives is excellent and she frequently tells me how happy she is there . The home si wonderful, friendly atmosphere and there is always an activity going on, many of which my mother enjoys. The staff are always helpful and welcoming when we visit and I am always impressed by their enthusiasm and dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Longlands? Extremely likely

Longlands

Ever since my father came to Longlands he is well cared for. He is happy and usually he likes singing and joining in the activities that they do he is cheerful and has a laugh. I cannot fault the care staff. Give they like to have a laugh with the residents its a lovely atmosphere. I have recommended it to friends.

Longlands

I have lived at Longlands for over a year now. Longlands is very homely I enjoy living here. I have stayed at three other homes but found Longlands the best and would not want to move anywhere else. Since living at Longlands I have become a volunteer at the local primary school every Tuesday during term time. I also go to the local coffee mornings in the community every Wednesday. I have made lots of new friends and tried activities I would never of tried before. All the staff and manager are very nice and helpful. I enjoy running the fates twice a year. I am looking forward to the next one in August.

Longlands

I feel that Longlands has made a real difference to my life, since losing my husband. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't moved here, I went days without seeing people. I have made some lovely friends, I join most activities and enjoy our local community coffee morning where I have met more friends. I take part in most garden centre trips, tried new things that I have never tried before.

Longlands

My auntie is very happy and gaining weight since being in Longlands. I am always welcome by staff and managers, door i always open, I feel I can talk to her about anything. The handyman is always helpful. I help with some activities and feel they are very good and bring a lot of joy to the residents with a good variety for everyone. The home is lovely and I am very happy.

Submit a Review for Longlands

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Longlands

There are no jobs posted yet for Longlands

Vilma Nuzi

Joined: 2015

The forty eight residents at Longlands receive a high quality of care from over forty five staff members including, carers, ancillary staff and an administration assistant. The team is led by the manager who is supported by a Head of Care and a team of Care Leaders.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Longlands