Longlands, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Longlands is registered for forty-eight residents and offers a team of skilled and friendly carers, able to provide care for older people and adults with dementia or a physical disability, while also being able to offer day care.

Care homes from The Orders of St John Care Trust are well respected in Lincolnshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire where the voluntary sector charity has a strong presence after seeing healthy growth since it first opened homes in 1992.

All residents are supported in the pursuit of active lifestyle and personal interests, while benefitting from a care philosophy that prioritises dignity and independence alongside health, safety and security.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Vilma Collaku (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 48 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Longlands: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.4 for Longlands) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Longlands

I have lived at Longlands for over a year now. Longlands is very homely I enjoy living here. I have stayed at three other homes but found Longlands the best and would not want to move anywhere else. Since living at Longlands I have become a volunteer at the local primary school every Tuesday during term time. I also go to the local coffee mornings in the community every Wednesday. I have made lots of new friends and tried activities I would never of tried before. All the staff and manager are very nice and helpful. I enjoy running the fates twice a year. I am looking forward to the next one in August.

Longlands

I feel that Longlands has made a real difference to my life, since losing my husband. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't moved here, I went days without seeing people. I have made some lovely friends, I join most activities and enjoy our local community coffee morning where I have met more friends. I take part in most garden centre trips, tried new things that I have never tried before.

Longlands

My auntie is very happy and gaining weight since being in Longlands. I am always welcome by staff and managers, door i always open, I feel I can talk to her about anything. The handyman is always helpful. I help with some activities and feel they are very good and bring a lot of joy to the residents with a good variety for everyone. The home is lovely and I am very happy.

Submit a Recommendation for Longlands

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Longlands

There are no jobs posted yet for Longlands

Vilma Nuzi

Joined: 2015

The forty eight residents at Longlands receive a high quality of care from over forty five staff members including, carers, ancillary staff and an administration assistant. The team is led by the manager who is supported by a Head of Care and a team of Care Leaders.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Longlands