Madley Park House, Witney, Oxfordshire

Madley Park House is a sixty capacity care home located in Witney, dedicated to person-centred methods and offering quality care for adults diagnosed with dementia, with a physical disability or a sensory impairment.

Care charity and provider The Orders of St John Care Trust are respected in the care sector for a flexible range of care provision, making the most of voluntary sector contributions in order to help vulnerable adults achieve a more dignified lifestyle.

Carers respect clients from all backgrounds, support an active and fulfilling lifestyle, and a nutritious diet, while maintaining strong local links.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: April Bulman (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 60 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Madley Park House: click here

9.2 Madley Park House has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.152)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Madley Park House is based on 21 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.152 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.452 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.7 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.152 for Madley Park House is based on 21 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.452 for Madley Park House is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (98 Goods x 4) + (20 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 252 Ratings = 4.452

The Quantity Score of 4.7 for Madley Park House is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Madley Park House?

Reviewer Connection to Madley Park House

• Relative of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

21 Reviews is 4.5 out of 5

I enjoy going to activities with other residents. I'm happy here, the staff are good to me, friendly, kind and we have a laugh and a moan. If there is something on the menu I don't like a member of staff will always make sure I get something I do like. The cleaning is very good in my room and a particular cleaner always makes sure I have clean flannels and towels.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

I thoroughly enjoyed my respite stay at Madley Park. Everyone was very kind to me during my stay. I would love to live there.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for looking after my mother, she enjoyed her stay. Upon arriving we were shown to her room and greeted with tea and biscuits. We were then shown around the home. When visiting my mum there were sometimes activities taking place which seemed fun and engaging, and she enjoyed them. Whenever we visited she always commented on how excellent the meals were and the variety that was on offer. Overall she enjoyed her stay and I would recommend to friends/family who were in need of similar care.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I just wanted to say today's entertainment for residents was brilliant. The singer was excellent of course, but the staff and volunteers made it even more special by encouraging everyone to take part. It was great to see residents singing, dancing, clapping, shaking tambourines you name it! Mum and I really enjoyed it.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

A big thank you for caring for my mum through 2015. Also for your understanding for my dear dad during his visits in such a stressful time. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I like living at Madley Park. They are kind. What I like the most is they let you do things yourself and don't make you do anything unless you want to, but help you if you need it. I liked where I was before but this is better. You couldn't get a better care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Genuine care and concern shown for my relatives well being.
Staff have a good understanding of my relative as an individual and treat her as such.
Staff also have a good understanding of my relative's needs and strive to meet them.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I regularly visit my aunt and I know she is well looked after. The carers are superb and if you want to know anything you can always speak to someone in charge. The best home I have been in.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My sister and I would like to thank all of the wonderful carers at Madly Park for the excellent care and love you showed our mother. We appreciate the understanding and support you have given us all as a family. The dedication and commitment of everyone has been amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 01 Sep 2015:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. I will share your kind words with my team, who I know will really appreciate them. It was our pleasure to look after your mother; she was a lovely lady who we all miss. All our best wishes to you and your sister, and all the family.

Room very spacious and clean. Staff very attentive. Feel very happy and secure. Food: Standard could be improved upon, more variation. Tea very often cold by the time I get it.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 26 Aug 2015:

Your review is much appreciated. I note your comments about a more varied menu. It’s important that people look forward to and enjoy the meals we serve, so I will ask the chef to come and talk to you about this in order that we can improve this aspect of our service. I will also pass on to all team members your observation about your tea so that we can ensure it is piping hot in future!

I couldn't ask to be in a better home, no complaints at all. My room is comfortable and clean and tidy. I enjoy activities especially when singers come to the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I like my home, the best thing is having people around me and not being on my own. I enjoy all the homes activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I like that you're an individual and you're not bossed around. Your only worry is that other residents can enter your room whenever they like and get your things.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 19 Aug 2015:

Your review is very much appreciated, thank you. I’m sorry you are concerned about the privacy of your room and would be happy to discuss with you the possibility of having a key, to ensure security and put your mind at rest.

The home is quiet, that's a good thing. I enjoy being here, this home is calm and very relaxing.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

The staff make sure you have plenty of food, everything is spotlessly clean. I feel safe here and well looked after. Definitely would recommend Madley Park House.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Overall the home is excellent, I don't dislike anything about the home, its all very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

I would like to chat more with the staff and get to know some of the residents more, but I like to stay in my room mostly. I do go out sometimes with my family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 18 Aug 2015:

It is good to know that you are keen to chat and get to know people a bit more. I will ensure the care team are aware of this so that we can arrange more opportunities for you to do this.”

It's good value for money. Good all round home.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

The home is run very smoothly. I really like all the staff, they are lovely. People always have time for you.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

I like my room, it's clean, I like that I have lots of friends (staff). The carers always come and chat with me. I'm not one who goes and plays card or dominoes. I know a lot of the carers and I know I'm old but the carers don't treat me like I'm an old lady. It definitely feels like home here. It is my home.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I like that it's peaceful and calm here. I like to read in my room a lot. Staff are so polite and caring here.

Submit a Review for Madley Park House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Madley Park House