Madley Park House, Witney, Oxfordshire

Madley Park House is a sixty capacity care home located in Witney, dedicated to person-centred methods and offering quality care for adults diagnosed with dementia, with a physical disability or a sensory impairment.

Care charity and provider The Orders of St John Care Trust are respected in the care sector for a flexible range of care provision, making the most of voluntary sector contributions in order to help vulnerable adults achieve a more dignified lifestyle.

Carers respect clients from all backgrounds, support an active and fulfilling lifestyle, and a nutritious diet, while maintaining strong local links.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: April Bulman (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 60 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Madley Park House: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.6 for Madley Park House) is based on 12 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Madley Park House

Room very spacious and clean. Staff very attentive. Feel very happy and secure. Food: Standard could be improved upon, more variation. Tea very often cold by the time I get it.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 26 Aug 2015:

Your review is much appreciated. I note your comments about a more varied menu. It’s important that people look forward to and enjoy the meals we serve, so I will ask the chef to come and talk to you about this in order that we can improve this aspect of our service. I will also pass on to all team members your observation about your tea so that we can ensure it is piping hot in future!

Madley Park House

I couldn't ask to be in a better home, no complaints at all. My room is comfortable and clean and tidy. I enjoy activities especially when singers come to the home.

Madley Park House

I like my home, the best thing is having people around me and not being on my own. I enjoy all the homes activities.

Madley Park House

I like that you're an individual and you're not bossed around. Your only worry is that other residents can enter your room whenever they like and get your things.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 19 Aug 2015:

Your review is very much appreciated, thank you. I’m sorry you are concerned about the privacy of your room and would be happy to discuss with you the possibility of having a key, to ensure security and put your mind at rest.

Madley Park House

The home is quiet, that's a good thing. I enjoy being here, this home is calm and very relaxing.

Madley Park House

The staff make sure you have plenty of food, everything is spotlessly clean. I feel safe here and well looked after. Definitely would recommend Madley Park House.

Madley Park House

Overall the home is excellent, I don't dislike anything about the home, its all very good.

Madley Park House

I would like to chat more with the staff and get to know some of the residents more, but I like to stay in my room mostly. I do go out sometimes with my family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 18 Aug 2015:

It is good to know that you are keen to chat and get to know people a bit more. I will ensure the care team are aware of this so that we can arrange more opportunities for you to do this.”

Madley Park House

It's good value for money. Good all round home.

Madley Park House

The home is run very smoothly. I really like all the staff, they are lovely. People always have time for you.

Madley Park House

I like my room, it's clean, I like that I have lots of friends (staff). The carers always come and chat with me. I'm not one who goes and plays card or dominoes. I know a lot of the carers and I know I'm old but the carers don't treat me like I'm an old lady. It definitely feels like home here. It is my home.

Madley Park House

I like that it's peaceful and calm here. I like to read in my room a lot. Staff are so polite and caring here.

Submit a Review for Madley Park House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Madley Park House

There are no jobs posted yet for Madley Park House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Madley Park House