Heathside, Woking, Surrey
Heathside
Heathside

Tel: 0808 1634 680

Heathside care home in Woking is a trusted provider of residential care for people with dementia, physical disability, are elderly or frail.

The home has 51 rooms available, divided into seven living areas. Each living area has a communal dining table, television, kitchenette and telephone. The home has a large day centre available for residents and their visitors to enjoy activities, birthday parties and anniversaries.

Heathside’s well trained staff provide 24-hour care and support to help people maintain their independence. Heathside is proud to be a diverse community, home to residents of different ethnicities and religions, with staff who speak many different languages including Italian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Polish, Chinese and Nepalese.

Set in a quiet residential area, in its own beautiful grounds featuring large enclosed gardens, Heathside care home is close to local services and amenities, such as the train station, shops, theatres, swimming pool, School and parks.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Jagpal Singh (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 51 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Chinese - Cantonese, Hindi, Italian, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Heathside: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Heathside

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Heathside

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Heathside) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Heathside

Heathside provides excellent standards of care. Staff are attentive and friendly, providing residents with great support and safety. Excellent activities are run by staff throughout the week. All facilities and rooms adequate and clean.

Submitted by Jeffrey Yearwood (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 17 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

Kind, caring staff, very helpful. My mother is very happy here.

Submitted by Gillian F (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 17 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I'm looked after very well, everyone is friendly, kind and helpful. I am very pleased I came to live here, I consider myself very fortunate.

Submitted by Joan Peason (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I am confident that my mother is in the right place.

Submitted by Graham B (Son of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I always find the staff nice and friendly when I come to visit my friend.

Submitted by Barbara Symons (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I have been impressed with Heathside compared to previous care homes my friend has been in. I too worked as a 'sister' in a nursing home for the elderly for many years.

Submitted by Barbara M (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I have enjoyed my stay at Heathside. The activities are interesting, the food is excellent, the home is very clean. The furnishings are attractive and comfortable and my room is very comfortable. If I needed to come and stay again I would be happy to do so.

Submitted by Joyce Trace (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I am very pleased with the care mum receives, the staff are caring and the home does its best to meet mum's needs. It is a great relief for me to know how well she is looked after.

Submitted by Tracey P (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I would recommend Heathside. Staff are always helpful. My friend obviously well cared for. Room clean. Facilities good.

Submitted by Margaret D (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I have been living at Heathside for 4 years now. I am very happy here, all the staff are helpful, the food is very wholesome and the home is very clean. All the staff talk to you and I can go on trips out and join in activities whenever I like. Overall I am very happy here.

Submitted by Neville K (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I would recommend this home to others.

Submitted by Irene R (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

Everyone is friendly, if I need any help there is always someone to help me. Food is good and I am happy and content.

Submitted by Wilfred Yearwood (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I would recommend Heathside strongly. I enjoy living here, the food is very good and if you don't like something staff get you something else. I have made lots of good friends here. All the staff are very kind and helpful. We are all very lucky to have somewhere to live that is so comfortable. Everyone treats us so well, they are all so lovely.

Submitted by June Spicer (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

Food is very good. All the carers treat me well, they all treat me with respect and are always there when I need them. My room is comfortable and its a very clean home. People can visit me when ever they want. I have no complaints at all, I am very content.

Submitted by Doris Newman (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I have found the care home to be very good in every way.

Submitted by Alec Watts (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I get on well with fellow residents in my living area and I have made lots of friends around the home. Carers are well trained and there is always someone around to help if needed.

Submitted by Bridget B (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I am very happy here, everyone is very kind and dinners are lovely. Everyone is happy and help me. Activities are fun and help keep me busy. We laugh a lot at Heathside.

Submitted by Margaret Henson (Resident / Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I visit Bridget here frequently. I have always found her well looked after. The home is very welcoming and clean. The staff are friendly and very good with the residents. I would recommend it to anyone.

Submitted by Ruth M (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I would like to recommend this home to someone. My room is cosy and the staff are friendly, helpful and caring. The food is healthy food and I get the chance to have something else if I don't like what is on the main menu. I'm looked after well. I can't fault. I get the chance to join activities and go out if I need to.

Submitted by Olive Bradburn (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 6 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

Since mum has been at Heathside she has been really happy. The staff, food and facilities are superb and I would recommend the home to anyone. Keep up the good work!

Submitted by John Bateman (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 6 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

Mum has lived at Heathside for over a year and is happy and well cared for. I visit several time a week and always find her looking nice and appearing happy. She is often involved in an activity - from bingo to painting - table tennis to bowls. Her room is clean and comfortable as is the rest of the home. I have no regrets or concerns. Wonderful home from home.

Submitted by Sandra Muttick (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 6 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

Yes, we highly recommend. Right from our initial enquiry to my mothers entrance, to her changing from respite care to full time care, the staff have been outstanding. Each member has taken the time to explain things to us, inform us and reassure us, while taking time to get to know us. It is such a relief my mother feels so cared for and happy. Thank you.

Submitted by Jo Avey (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 6 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

I would have no hesitation in recommending Heathside Care Home to my family or friends. The biggest and most important comment I can make regarding Heathside Care Home being better that the rest, is that they have staff that genuinely care. My mum is always clean, tidy and her hair is done. The carers know and treat my mum as a person, they have taken time to find out her like and dislikes and although I wish the circumstances were different, I am happy my mum is at Heathside.

Submitted by Maxine G (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 6 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

My husband was at Heathside for almost 5 years. The staff and everyone were always kind and helpful. My husband was very well looked after, no one could do any more than they did for him. I was very happy that he was at Heathside.

Submitted by Ina D (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 5 November 2014.

Review of Heathside

My mum has now been at Heathside some 5 weeks. She came for respite. I have found everyone to be very kind, helpful and caring. The home is run very effectively, well organised and my mum feels very comfortable here.

Submitted by Gail Bradbum (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

I am so pleased my mother is at Heathside. She was temporarily at 2 other nursing homes, and this is so much better than both those. Good, caring staff who really care for my mother. Very clean and well run.

Submitted by Andrew Cooper (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

My mother has been in this care home for approximately 2 1/2 years. My husband and I visit weekly, she seems well looked after. The home is always clean and tidy and well run. The staff are helpful and caring.

Submitted by Angela Collins (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

I first came into contact with Heatherside a few years ago as my friends nan was a resident and very happy here. I was pleased to see it was still as friendly when my dad needed care as it was then. The care my dad receives is excellent but it is the attention he gets, the human touch, laughs and jokes. All the staff know his name and will stop to talk to him as he freely wanders around the home and garden. If your looking for somewhere your family member will be treated as family then Heathside is it, open and welcoming, I enjoy coming to visit myself and get to know everyone in his unit also and the staff.

Submitted by Carol C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

Mum has been in Heathside since March 2014 and has had the best possible care we could have hoped for. She has severe dementia so obviously had to be cared for by people that know what they are doing and the understanding for the condition.

Submitted by John Smith (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful care my mum was given for more than 5 years while she lived at Heathside. I want to thank everyone, the wonderful cleaners always cheerful and helpful, the chefs who prepared such lovely food, the management who are always happy to help, the receptionist who were always so kind to my mum. One of my most precious memories is arriving on a hot day to find my mum sitting under a rainbow of parasols playing scrabble while eating an ice lolly.

Submitted by Jenny Bamford (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

How do you do it? We are all so impressed and value the care you give our mum. It's a comfort to us knowing she is safe and cared for so well.

Submitted by Judy P (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

My initial visit to the home, everyone was helpful, kind and friendly. I did not see my aunt's room and do not know what the food or activities are like and I am unaware as to the costs involved at the moment.

Submitted by Susan B (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

I would recommend Heathside to anyone who asks me.

Submitted by Mandy S (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Good and caring service.

Submitted by Henry Cooper (Husband of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

My mother-in-law was in Heathside for a year, was treated very well with all her needs met. I would recommend this care home for good quality, friendly and cleanliness.

Submitted by Linda C (Daughter-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

paula.e.gething@gmail.com
My mother has settled very well and for the first time in many years seems healthy and content and enjoys socialising.

Submitted by Paula Gething (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Review of Heathside

Heathside is a lovely care home with good and caring staff.

Submitted by Robert A (Son of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Heathside

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Heathside

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Heathside