Horsell Lodge, Woking, Surrey

Horsell Lodge is a charming property, with both Victorian and Edwardian features, that has been purposely converted in order to achieve top quality residential care for up to forty older people.

The restoration programme has allowed service users to enjoy stylish rooms, a choice of lounge areas to relax in, including day rooms and a grand entrance hall.

Care packages available include trial stays, long-term care, as well as respite and convalescent needs. A friendly team take pride in allowing for a versatile environment, with an open visiting property and the option to personalise bedrooms.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jane Starr (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 38 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Horsell Lodge: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.1 for Horsell Lodge) is based on 11 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Horsell Lodge

Would recommend, my mother is well looked after, staff are caring and pleasant. There is a happy atmosphere around the more when I visit.

Horsell Lodge

My mother has been here for two months and I'm pleased with the service and the care she has received.

Horsell Lodge

I have lived at Horsell Lodge for over a year now. I feel very safe and secure and I am always treated with dignity and privacy. The food is of excellent quality and the menu has varied choices. There are many different areas to sit and chat with others or if I prefer I can sit quietly. My care needs and choices are fully met. Staff and management are always happy and approachable.

Horsell Lodge

I've lived at Horsell Lodge for over a year and find it excellent. I feel safe here.

Horsell Lodge

The staff at Horsell Lodge are unfailingly patient and kind with everyone.

Horsell Lodge

Can't comment on the activities as mum and dad didn't really participate. Our parents have lived at Horsell Lodge for 2 years and the team have made this time happy safe and secure. Mum died recently and the staff treated her and us with great care, dignity and compasion making the experience much easier. The subsequent care of Dad has been faultless and they have shown great care and compassion. We can truly recommend Horsell Lodge as a caring places to be.

Horsell Lodge

It is a very difficult job finding a good care home, especially on a lower budget. I visited at least 20 homes in our area before I found Horsell Lodge. I liked it from the start, it is an old manor house in beautiful surroundings, it has character and large high ceilings in the communal rooms which also have big windows looking out onto the lovely gardens. My mum's room had it's own sink and toilet and was nicely decorated. My mum had dementia and mobility problems when she moved in, both these conditions were well catered for. Both the administration and nursing staff are very kind and caring professionals. They competently and compassionately do their very best to make residents and visitors alike as comfortable as possible. You can visit at any time and there is a room where you can prepare your own hot drinks and heat food. Although tea and cakes were also offered to me whilst visiting. The kitchen staff are also very kind and polite, and the food they prepare is very good. As my mum's condition got worse, I was afraid that I might have had to find alternative accommodation, this was not the case at Horsell Lodge. In the last year of her life my mum was practically unable to move at all. She required more personal attention and a special bed and other things as well, which were all provided. I was assured that my mum would be able to stay where she was, where she felt most comfortable, secure and cared for. I dreaded the idea that mum might have to go into hospital, where everything is much more impersonal and not at all familiar to her. This never happened, I am happy to say that my mum "Yvonne" passed away peacefully in her own room with her own things around her, surrounded by kind caring people who she had known for years. Caring for elderly people with dementia and disabilities is no easy task. But the wonderful staff at Horsell Lodge proved to me over the 4 years that my mum was a resident there that they were well prepared and qualified, through experience to meet the difficult challenges that their extremely delicate, difficult and important work requires. I have written this well deserved commendation for the staff of Horsell Lodge and for the house itself, in order that others might be aware of the fine care available there. To all the staff at Horsell Lodge. Please accept my respect, warmest regards and best wishes for all that you kindly did for Yvonne, and for what you continue to do, every day for all the other residents there. Nigel.

How likely would you be to recommend Horsell Lodge? Extremely likely

Horsell Lodge

The home has a comfortable feel. The caring staff are generally kind and considerate but my personal opinion is they there are not enough staff to care for the predominant mobility of a majority of residents. The meals are excellent and a good choice is available. The lounges are quite comfortable but there is not enough things to keep the residents occupied.

Horsell Lodge

Complete satisfaction regarding my welfare, can't say a wrong word abut anything.

Horsell Lodge

A quiet excellent lodge with outstanding caring staff. It is bright and cheerful with TV available in a very comfortable nice room. I cannot rate the lodge to highly. Thank you.

Horsell Lodge

Had limited choice was nearest to family and friends. Could not have made a better choice.

Submit a Review for Horsell Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Horsell Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Horsell Lodge

Jane

Jane Starr

Joined: 2013

Jane started her career as a Nurse and has spent many years working in a wide variety of nursing roles within the NHS, specialising in Intensive care and Accident & Emergency work before moving to the University of London to undertake a teaching qualification. Jane then taught as senior tutor at University College Hospital and director of Nurse Education at Hammersmith Hospital. After 10 years in education, Jane moved back to the service sector at Hammersmith Hospital working as Deputy Unit General Manager, managing nursing staff in Intensive care, physiotherapists, speech therapists, dieticians and occupational therapists. Jane moved to the independent sector in 1993.
She takes pride in the day to day running of Horsell Lodge and strives to ensure that all standards are consistently maintained.
Jane loves the daily challenge, knowing every day is different and believes that her key strength is an ability to adapt to an ever changing environment. Having spent the past 20 years working at another Caring Home, Jane is a very experienced Home Manager. It is through her personal links that she works hard to retain occupancy and ensure that the home is an integral part of the community.
Outside of work Jane enjoys spending time with her grandchildren and attending the gym and dancing classes. She also enjoys ice skating and has been awarded a medal for this in the past.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Horsell Lodge