Horsell Lodge, Horsell, Woking, Surrey
Horsell Lodge
Horsell Lodge

Tel: 0808 166 1224

Horsell Lodge is a charming property, with both Victorian and Edwardian features, that has been purposely converted in order to achieve top quality residential care for up to forty older people.

The restoration programme has allowed service users to enjoy stylish rooms, a choice of lounge areas to relax in, including day rooms and a grand entrance hall.

Care packages available include trial stays, long-term care, as well as respite and convalescent needs. A friendly team take pride in allowing for a versatile environment, with an open visiting property and the option to personalise bedrooms.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jane Starr (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Horsell Lodge: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Horsell Lodge

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 04 Jul 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Horsell Lodge

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Horsell Lodge) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Thursday 7 November 2013 by Jon Osborne (Son of resident)

Had limited choice was nearest to family and friends. Could not have made a better choice.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Wednesday 12 June 2013 by Gwen B (Wife)

My husband has been a resident at Horsell Lodge for 6 and a half years. My daughter and I have been very impressed by the consistently kind and caring attention of the staff. Management are readily available to consult.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Thursday 23 May 2013 by Michael B (Son in Law of Resident)

My Mother in Law has been very well looked after for two years at Horsell Lodge.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Wednesday 22 May 2013 by Gordon Batterby (Husband of resident)

Whenever I visit my wife I am impressed by the service and how happy my wife is there.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Thursday 16 May 2013 by Oona C (Niece of resident)

Friendly staff always answer any queries I may have. Aware of my aunts needs. Home kept clean.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 4 February 2013 by Kelly S (Daughter-in-law of resident)

Since staying at the lodge my father-in-law has never seemed so happy. We couldn't recommend the home enough. The people/staff are absolutely fantastic. We are so sad to have to move our dad due to SS funding.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Wednesday 24 October 2012 by Gary Jackman (New residents)

I am a paraplegic resident and the staff are excellent in the way they care for me and what I see the other residents. Room comfortable clean and tidy. Food is very good most of the time. Would recommend this home to anyone looking for themselves or relatives. Manager very easy to approach and talk to he is Ex service man of 22 years in the RAMC like myself. I can go out when I want and enjoy the freedom. The welcome I got was fantastic.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Friday 21 September 2012 by Derek S (Brother of Resident)

Good parking facilities, warm welcome. All staff very helpful and understanding and excellent rapport with residents. New young manager, highly qualified, updating all staff with training courses. This gentleman spends time with residents and family. The secretary Julie is very helpful in most matters. The chef serves a high standard of meals and varied to different tastes. All residents being asked for their choice. All private rooms well furnished and comfortable. My sister has been resident for 7 years.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Wednesday 22 August 2012 by Betty C (Resident)

People are friendly, kind, helpful and caring, which I find very important when you come into a home. My bedroom is very comfortable. The staff are very helpful. I feel the manager and staff are always around when I need them. I am very satisfied with the food.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 20 August 2012 by Christine H (Resident)

I like my home. The accommodation is nice and everyone is polite and caring. They treat everyone as an individuals. Food is very good because you get a choice. I get drinks whenever I want. Activities are good.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 20 August 2012 by Dorothy R (Resident)

I would recommend this home to my friends. Food excellent, my room is very good, care is excellent. The administrator helps with all my financial needs and is there to support me. The manager took me out shopping and for a pub lunch which he says we can do again.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 20 August 2012 by Rodney R (Resident)

I have only been here for a few weeks, but find it very very nice. Staff are very very nice and caring. Food is good, I like the choice. My bed is very nice. The manager took me shopping and to the pub and I had a beer which was the first in years.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Friday 10 August 2012 by Edwin L (Husband of Resident)

The home is easily accessed by road and rail. The building has a very pleasant, welcoming outlook surrounded by spacious, cultivated grounds and a large car park. Internally the bedrooms are situated on 2 floors with access via two lifts and staircases. All are well maintained and cleaned daily. The dining room is spacious and well-appointed and there are two lounges each with radio and T.V. facilities. There is also a bright and airy conservatory and all areas have comfortable armchairs and settees. Two chefs provide food of a very high standard. The staff are friendly, understanding and very caring. In short this is a well-managed friendly and comfortable home in which to be looked after.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 6 August 2012 by Yvonne M (Resident)

The food is very good. The staff are kind and caring. The manager and administrator also make sure we have someone to talk to and are always there to offer additional support.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 6 August 2012 by Christine H (Resident)

I think this home is lovely and very kind to each individual which makes it better for residents, making it a close friendship. Very nice place that makes you welcome and feel at home. The manager is my favourite and always has time for all the residents.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 6 August 2012 by Claire S (Granddaughter of Resident)

I recommend this home because I find the staff all so friendly. The place is very clean and tidy. I think the care that my nan gets seems to be good. She seems to be very clean and dressed appropriately. I find it very welcoming.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Monday 6 August 2012 by Carol Ann B (Daughter of Resident)

I find the place clean and tidy and the staff friendly. My mum is well looked after here and all her needs provided.

Review of Horsell Lodge on Tuesday 31 July 2012 by Raresh Sharma (Doctor)

Horsell Lodge is a very clean and homely home. The care given by the staff is excellent. The manager has a good medical background and supports his residents and staff well. The home is inviting and has plenty of parking.

Submit a Recommendation for Horsell Lodge

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Horsell Lodge and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Domestic Assistant (Part Time/Full Time)

To be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Woking , Surrey

01 Jul 2014

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Horsell Lodge