Sunrise of Banstead, Banstead, Surrey

Sunrise of Banstead is set close to the heart of the village of Banstead; this popular and vibrant community is situated on the North Downs and surrounded by extensive Green belt, ensuring that area has retained its rustic charm.

The thriving village of Banstead has plenty of amenities including more than 100 shops along the High Street, which possess a distinctly continental flavour.

Banstead's picturesque setting near open countryside and small attractive villages, make sure this Sunrise residence is a popular place to live and enjoy life. Situated only 17 miles south of Central London and possessing superb, fast road links, Sunrise Living of Banstead is also highly convenient for visiting friends and family.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Suzanne Spurgin (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 97 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Banstead: click here

8.8 Sunrise of Banstead has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.764)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Banstead is based on 35 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.764 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.166 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.598 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.764 for Sunrise of Banstead is based on 35 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.166 for Sunrise of Banstead is calculated as follows: ( (131 Excellents x 5) + (204 Goods x 4) + (61 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 398 Ratings = 4.166

The Quantity Score of 4.598 for Sunrise of Banstead is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Banstead?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Banstead

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

29 Reviews* is 4.1 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 29 reviews. Ratings from the 6 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I have enjoyed my stay, but I feel that the food has deteriorated towards the last week. I am diabetic so there is not a good choice for diabetics. The room is lovely, and the room is quiet at night so we get a good sleep. The atmosphere is great for relaxing and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The only negative is I wish there was more choice for diabetic people, but I can understand why this is the case. I also enjoy the classical music nights and the film nights and really love the pianist who comes in.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I think Sunrise is short staffed. But they all work very hard. I do love the room, the accommodation is first class. In general the staff are very friendly. The food could be better, I find the meat to big to chew. The activities are well run, but I do not take part in many as my husband is very deaf so I need to look after him. They are good at getting me medial help when I need it.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I've been here for over a year now and I have been very satisfied. I love taking part in the activities and wish there were more. I love the quiz nights, and enjoy the baking especially. My room is nice and comfortable and I manage well. I would like the ham to be thicker when we have ham and chips. However, I like the choice on offer. There is a feeling of love and and laughter here.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I has a stroke 2 years ago which made me think of the future. I don't always want to participate in the activities but I like the fact that I can if I want to. I really enjoy my room as it is my own space to relax. I do enjoy the quizzes the most. There is a good amount of variation in the food but i feel there is too much starch. I feel they are short staffed.

Overall Standard: Poor

Staff: Poor

I am very satisfied with Sunrise of Banstead, the staff are all very friendly and my room is comfortable. My only objection is that my shower takes a little time to heat up. The food is wonderful- I like that we always have 3 courses. The sandwiches are also very good. Service of food is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I can't fault it. Food is good, comfortable room, the staff are all very nice. Activities on offer are great - particularly enjoy the coach trips and pub lunches.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

-Really enjoy the activities on offer.
-Room is comfortable and very pleasant. Enjoy all the food apart from pork! I find it nice not having to cook.
-The only thing I would like is a bit more exercise, as I am very physically fit.
-Overall sunrise is fantastic and I would recommend to anyone if they are all like this.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I have been here 18 months and I love it. My room is perfect and very comfortable. The staff are all excellent. I run the Saturday morning dominos this is fantastic. Everyone thoroughly enjoys taking part in this activity. The staff are very interested in what we are up to everyday. Excellent food and I enjoy the service.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

Good. My room is small but comfortable I keep myself active. I have been teaching children for a long time so I am not as active as I was then! Very fun relationship with staff, feel like the staff are my friends. I am not sure if it is good value for money as my family deal with that. I would recommend it highly to someone else looking for a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Don't know

I like it here and I am happy here, I find my room comfortable and the bed. I enjoy the activities, particularly the flower arranging and the poetry reading. I enjoy the food. I get on with all the staff and feel there is a good atmosphere. I like that visitors can come and see me at any time- there are no visiting hours. The only thing is the cost which is a negative.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

First of all we're pleased to be here. We had no previous experience of care homes and it is very much better that I anticipated. The whole ambience and atmosphere is very good. The staff are kind, responsive and caring. I take part in very few of the activities but I can if I want to. The food is good however I feel we are given too much. I would like it if the evening meal was later. I particularly enjoy the country drives, we were told Sunrise of Banstead was better than most and I think it is.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

Sunrise is very good. The carers who came in all know your name which is nice and every member of staff is very friendly. They are very good at getting me to remember to take my tablets. I like that I have the option to take part in the activities if I want to - sometimes I like to watch them. Another thing I would like changed is that there is no crossing to get across the road for us and the road is very busy.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

General maintenance needs improvement. Breakfast, I am waiting to be served a long time for breakfast. The room is nice and spacious. I enjoy taking part in the quiz. Some of the food is excellent but some is not as good. And the service is not very fast. The lifts break a lot an di was told they were being fixed, but they were not fixed quick enough. I like that it is nice and quiet and very comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Unlikely

UK Marketing, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Banstead responded to this review on 15 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunrise of Banstead.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We would like to understand your concerns further and would be grateful if you could email more information to us on information@sunriseseniorliving.com or please speak with our Community General Manager so that we can explore your concerns fully.
The Sunrise Team

I am very happy with Sunrise, the help here is extremely good. My room is nice and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and give a nice atmosphere. I particularly enjoy the singer that comes in, and I love to see this every week. The food is very good, and I enjoy the meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I haven't got any complaints about it, the room is nice and comfortable. The staff are very good indeed and they work very hard. I enjoy the food a lot, and I am very comfortable. I particularly enjoy the view from outside the window. I feel they are short staffed, but I think they do a good job. I particularly enjoy the poetry reading.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I feel that it is very nice, I particularly enjoy the film nights and the classical listening. The wellbeing team have been useful as I had colitis and needed to see the district nurse. This was last week and it is all better now, so I am very grateful for them helping me with this. The staff are all friendly and very nice. I have enjoyed my stay here overall.

Perfect as far as I'm concerned. I am quite contented with everything here. I particularly like the rooms view. The food here is good and I have high standards! I've got a bad back so I do not take part in many of the activities, but they all seem great. I've been here for around two years. I love taking part in poetry corner and reading out my favourite poems to the group. I also love taking part in baking club in the mornings when I can do.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I really think my room is brilliant, very comfortable. The staff are mostly very friendly and we get on with most of them. It's a good place to be in though. I don't think I would cope if I was anywhere else, I am happy I am here.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

Sunrise has been a good experience so far and I am still here now. I am still getting use to the activities. I have been able to move my furniture from my old house in here so I feel very comfortable in the room. I am reasonably happy with the food. I don't think I could expect any better! I really would recommend it to somebody definitely. I enjoy the pancake social, which I am on the way to now.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I came in October, I like living here, and my room is very nice and comfortable. I sleep very well at night. Staff are wonderful and I feel I can talk to them if I have any problems. I enjoy going into town. I like that I can so close tot he town and I can go and see people. I like that I can sit with my friends at lunch and dinner time. I don't always take part in the activities, but I like that I have the choice to take part in them if I want to.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I love my room and I am looking forward to using my balcony in the summer. The room is just what I need. I enjoy the food mostly, and enjoy the fish particularly. I need to be pushed to take part in activities but once I am there I really enjoy it. I enjoy the country drives and pub lunches. Christmas was great here, and everyone worked so hard.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I would definitely recommend Sunrise of Banstead. It's built for purpose, very striking, beautiful garden surrounding it. I feel the staff, carers are very sympathetic. The entertainment is inclusive for all including family and visitors. A wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I've been here 10 months and can't fault it. The only reason I am leaving is because unfortunately there is no nursing. My room feels homely, the staff are friendly and I feel like I can raise any issues with them.

Good. Some dining servers are excellent, however others are poor, as reflected in boxes below. I enjoy the pub lunches and classical music.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

No complaints whatsoever. I enjoy the food, not every meal is perfect, but overall the food is good. The activities are all fantastic, I love the comedian who makes me laugh.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I enjoy the food, I like the fact I can chose an omlette if I don't like the main course. I think the staff are wonderful and friendly to me. I love the activities, particularly the dancing and music. I like the atmosphere and the routine of the activities. I also enjoyed when my friends came in and we had a meal. My only dislike is sharing a bathroom.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I love the musical activities and the poetry. I really like the routine of the activities and how they take place at the same time. The food is good, but I don't eat the fish. I like that I always have the option to chose another meal if I don't like the main one.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I am, very largely left alone, which is what I want, but nice to know that help is always a red button away should I need it.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

The people are comfortable to live with and I enjoy the food. The majority of the food is very good. I like the fact that I am free to do what I want and not forced into any activities. My room is big enough and very comfortable to stay in.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

A cousin was here so I came. Unfortunately she has now passed away. I'm very happy here, I am very well looked after.

No Average Rating is available*

Having been here now for approx 1 1/2 years I have enjoyed my stay here with good accommodation with service and accommodation 24 hours a day. The meals served are very good and the staff are very helpful with anything we need. Approx 90 other residents here are also very friendly.

No Average Rating is available*

The facilities and decor at Sunrise create as homely an atmosphere as one could possibly expect from a large setting such as this. The residents are treated with respect and dignity appears to be preserved. Family and friends are welcomed by staff and the concierge, bistro and communal areas are inviting. Residents can have as much or as little privacy as they want and there is a reasonable amount of opportunities for socialising.

Happy and contented.

No Average Rating is available*

It's as good as it can be. The care given to my late husband was brilliant, he couldn't have been looked after batter, whatever I was paying.

No Average Rating is available*

The care given is first class - nothing is too much for them.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Banstead

Suzanne

Suzanne Spurgin

Every day I walk into my community feeling incredibly proud of the team who work extremely hard to deliver the best care services to my residents. I feel very blessed to work in such a warm and welcoming environment. The word ‘community’ is the most apt description of Sunrise of Banstead.

Jasmina

Jasmina Karisik

Job Title: Reminiscence Co-ordinator

I am very proud to be part of the amazing team at Banstead. It is an exciting, rewarding and a fulfilling experience. I am passionate about working with our dementia residents and their families in Reminiscence to make sure every day is meaningful. Each day is different and full of surprises and it is a joy to witness our residents enjoying pleasant days full of fun, love and laughter.

Barbara

Barbara Mare

Job Title: Registered Manager

I was really pleased with our excellent CQC report, especially as it was full of excellent comments from residents and their families.

Jan Jasper

Jan Jasper and Nathalie McLeish

Job Title: Directors of Community Relations

We are the first point of contact for both seniors and their families enquiring about care options. We are proud to invite people to a tour of our community and make sure they leave with all the relevant information, having experienced Sunrise in action. Our most rewarding aspect is supporting families and seniors and being able to guide and counsel them on what can be an emotional experience. We feel privileged to help in the journey towards making the decision to join our community and then, seeing new residents flourish and make new friends is the ultimate reward.

Tamara

Tamara Juckes

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

There are very few jobs that offer the daily satisfaction and fulfillment that mine does! Seeing the expression on residents’ faces and hearing the enjoyment in their voices as they take part in our daily activities makes me feel immensely proud and content. I wouldn’t swap it for anything!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Banstead