Sunrise of Banstead, Banstead, Surrey

Sunrise of Banstead is set close to the heart of the village of Banstead; this popular and vibrant community is situated on the North Downs and surrounded by extensive Green belt, ensuring that area has retained its rustic charm.

The thriving village of Banstead has plenty of amenities including more than 100 shops along the High Street, which possess a distinctly continental flavour.

Banstead's picturesque setting near open countryside and small attractive villages, make sure this Sunrise residence is a popular place to live and enjoy life. Situated only 17 miles south of Central London and possessing superb, fast road links, Sunrise Living of Banstead is also highly convenient for visiting friends and family.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Suzanne Spurgin (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 97 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Banstead: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Banstead is based on 47 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.312 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.384 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.928 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.312 for Sunrise of Banstead is based on 47 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.384 for Sunrise of Banstead is calculated as follows: ( (212 Excellents x 5) + (174 Goods x 4) + (46 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 432 Ratings = 4.384

The Quantity Score of 4.928 for Sunrise of Banstead is calculated as follows:

-Really enjoy the activities on offer.
-Room is comfortable and very pleasant. Enjoy all the food apart from pork! I find it nice not having to cook.
-The only thing I would like is a bit more exercise, as I am very physically fit.
-Overall sunrise is fantastic and I would recommend to anyone if they are all like this.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I have been here 18 months and I love it. My room is perfect and very comfortable. The staff are all excellent. I run the Saturday morning dominos this is fantastic. Everyone thoroughly enjoys taking part in this activity. The staff are very interested in what we are up to everyday. Excellent food and I enjoy the service.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

Good. My room is small but comfortable I keep myself active. I have been teaching children for a long time so I am not as active as I was then! Very fun relationship with staff, feel like the staff are my friends. I am not sure if it is good value for money as my family deal with that. I would recommend it highly to someone else looking for a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Don't know

I like it here and I am happy here, I find my room comfortable and the bed. I enjoy the activities, particularly the flower arranging and the poetry reading. I enjoy the food. I get on with all the staff and feel there is a good atmosphere. I like that visitors can come and see me at any time- there are no visiting hours. The only thing is the cost which is a negative.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

First of all we're pleased to be here. We had no previous experience of care homes and it is very much better that I anticipated. The whole ambience and atmosphere is very good. The staff are kind, responsive and caring. I take part in very few of the activities but I can if I want to. The food is good however I feel we are given too much. I would like it if the evening meal was later. I particularly enjoy the country drives, we were told Sunrise of Banstead was better than most and I think it is.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

Sunrise is very good. The carers who came in all know your name which is nice and every member of staff is very friendly. They are very good at getting me to remember to take my tablets. I like that I have the option to take part in the activities if I want to - sometimes I like to watch them. Another thing I would like changed is that there is no crossing to get across the road for us and the road is very busy.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I am very happy with Sunrise, the help here is extremely good. My room is nice and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and give a nice atmosphere. I particularly enjoy the singer that comes in, and I love to see this every week. The food is very good, and I enjoy the meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I haven't got any complaints about it, the room is nice and comfortable. The staff are very good indeed and they work very hard. I enjoy the food a lot, and I am very comfortable. I particularly enjoy the view from outside the window. I feel they are short staffed, but I think they do a good job. I particularly enjoy the poetry reading.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

Perfect as far as I'm concerned. I am quite contented with everything here. I particularly like the rooms view. The food here is good and I have high standards! I've got a bad back so I do not take part in many of the activities, but they all seem great. I've been here for around two years. I love taking part in poetry corner and reading out my favourite poems to the group. I also love taking part in baking club in the mornings when I can do.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I really think my room is brilliant, very comfortable. The staff are mostly very friendly and we get on with most of them. It's a good place to be in though. I don't think I would cope if I was anywhere else, I am happy I am here.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

Sunrise has been a good experience so far and I am still here now. I am still getting use to the activities. I have been able to move my furniture from my old house in here so I feel very comfortable in the room. I am reasonably happy with the food. I don't think I could expect any better! I really would recommend it to somebody definitely. I enjoy the pancake social, which I am on the way to now.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I came in October, I like living here, and my room is very nice and comfortable. I sleep very well at night. Staff are wonderful and I feel I can talk to them if I have any problems. I enjoy going into town. I like that I can so close tot he town and I can go and see people. I like that I can sit with my friends at lunch and dinner time. I don't always take part in the activities, but I like that I have the choice to take part in them if I want to.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I love my room and I am looking forward to using my balcony in the summer. The room is just what I need. I enjoy the food mostly, and enjoy the fish particularly. I need to be pushed to take part in activities but once I am there I really enjoy it. I enjoy the country drives and pub lunches. Christmas was great here, and everyone worked so hard.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I would definitely recommend Sunrise of Banstead. It's built for purpose, very striking, beautiful garden surrounding it. I feel the staff, carers are very sympathetic. The entertainment is inclusive for all including family and visitors. A wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I've been here 10 months and can't fault it. The only reason I am leaving is because unfortunately there is no nursing. My room feels homely, the staff are friendly and I feel like I can raise any issues with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Good. Some dining servers are excellent, however others are poor, as reflected in boxes below. I enjoy the pub lunches and classical music.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

No complaints whatsoever. I enjoy the food, not every meal is perfect, but overall the food is good. The activities are all fantastic, I love the comedian who makes me laugh.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I enjoy the food, I like the fact I can chose an omlette if I don't like the main course. I think the staff are wonderful and friendly to me. I love the activities, particularly the dancing and music. I like the atmosphere and the routine of the activities. I also enjoyed when my friends came in and we had a meal. My only dislike is sharing a bathroom.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I love the musical activities and the poetry. I really like the routine of the activities and how they take place at the same time. The food is good, but I don't eat the fish. I like that I always have the option to chose another meal if I don't like the main one.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I am, very largely left alone, which is what I want, but nice to know that help is always a red button away should I need it.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

The people are comfortable to live with and I enjoy the food. The majority of the food is very good. I like the fact that I am free to do what I want and not forced into any activities. My room is big enough and very comfortable to stay in.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

A cousin was here so I came. Unfortunately she has now passed away. I'm very happy here, I am very well looked after.

Having been here now for approx 1 1/2 years I have enjoyed my stay here with good accommodation with service and accommodation 24 hours a day. The meals served are very good and the staff are very helpful with anything we need. Approx 90 other residents here are also very friendly.

The facilities and decor at Sunrise create as homely an atmosphere as one could possibly expect from a large setting such as this. The residents are treated with respect and dignity appears to be preserved. Family and friends are welcomed by staff and the concierge, bistro and communal areas are inviting. Residents can have as much or as little privacy as they want and there is a reasonable amount of opportunities for socialising.

Happy and contented.

It's as good as it can be. The care given to my late husband was brilliant, he couldn't have been looked after batter, whatever I was paying.

The care given is first class - nothing is too much for them.

Very well cared for.

So many bad things are said about care homes but I have to say Sunrise of Banstead try their very hardest to perform at a top level. Even when occasionally things go wrong they will do their very best again to put everything right. A very happy place for my mother in law to reside in and to visit as I do almost every day.

From what I have seen so far I feel it is the best.

This is more than basic care as it provides help for those that need it. The care staff are very helpful.

Friendly atmosphere, comfortable accommodation, lots of choice and relatives and friends are made welcome.

Home is very clean; the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Great food and great company.

I would recommend, it's friendly, the staff are always willing to help. Beautiful gardens not used much.

It's like a hotel; the staff treat all the residents with dignity. Always make me feel welcome. There is lots of entertainment and bus trips to London and the coast.

An excellent room, cleanliness and tidiness, help with awkward tasks and good personal help when necessary.

Good food, well prepared. A friendly atmosphere with those residents close to us at meal times, (they laugh at my jokes) what more could you have?

I would recommend because they deserve it. Good service, good food and I am well looked after, it's very clean- even in my room!

You wouldn't get what we get anywhere else, it is expensive but you get what you pay for and nothing is too much trouble.

I would Recommend to any elderly person because of the high standard of accommodation and service.

I have been asked to fill in a recommendation by members of staff, I cannot see any reason not to recommend. Whilst I have been here all the staff seem very diligent and take care over their work and commitments.

Couldn't go for a better place.

Very happy with the service and the care.

All the staff are most helpful and kind. The home is beautifully kept and meals are excellently presented.

Great concern for the residents health and happiness.

Comfortable and homely.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Banstead

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunrise of Banstead

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunrise of Banstead

Suzanne

Suzanne Spurgin

Every day I walk into my community feeling incredibly proud of the team who work extremely hard to deliver the best care services to my residents. I feel very blessed to work in such a warm and welcoming environment. The word ‘community’ is the most apt description of Sunrise of Banstead.

Jasmina

Jasmina Karisik

Job Title: Reminiscence Co-ordinator

I am very proud to be part of the amazing team at Banstead. It is an exciting, rewarding and a fulfilling experience. I am passionate about working with our dementia residents and their families in Reminiscence to make sure every day is meaningful. Each day is different and full of surprises and it is a joy to witness our residents enjoying pleasant days full of fun, love and laughter.

Barbara

Barbara Mare

Job Title: Registered Manager

I was really pleased with our excellent CQC report, especially as it was full of excellent comments from residents and their families.

Jan Jasper

Jan Jasper and Nathalie McLeish

Job Title: Directors of Community Relations

We are the first point of contact for both seniors and their families enquiring about care options. We are proud to invite people to a tour of our community and make sure they leave with all the relevant information, having experienced Sunrise in action. Our most rewarding aspect is supporting families and seniors and being able to guide and counsel them on what can be an emotional experience. We feel privileged to help in the journey towards making the decision to join our community and then, seeing new residents flourish and make new friends is the ultimate reward.

Tamara

Tamara Juckes

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

There are very few jobs that offer the daily satisfaction and fulfillment that mine does! Seeing the expression on residents’ faces and hearing the enjoyment in their voices as they take part in our daily activities makes me feel immensely proud and content. I wouldn’t swap it for anything!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Banstead