Whitebourne, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey
Whitebourne
Whitebourne

Tel: 0333 434 3086

Whitebourne specialises in looking after up to 65 elderly residents who may have complicated mental health problems or dementia-related conditions such as Alzheimer's.

This spacious home is ideal as accommodation for individuals who may be prone to anxiety or stress, with staff on hand using skilled techniques to ensure service users remain healthy and contented, experienced in looking after behavioural complications.

Some other health professionals who visit Whitebourne and assist in keeping residents satisfied include GPs, chiropodists and opticians.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Ros Stevenson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 65 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Whitebourne: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Whitebourne

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Whitebourne

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Whitebourne) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Whitebourne

I have heard a lot of negativity int the press re care homes. This is the first time I have found myself actually visiting one and I am so impressed, not only do the residents have choices at meal times, they have 4 tea service, which means interaction with staff at least 7 times a day. My friend has nothing but praise for the staff and I am so pleased to see her contented with her stay. the rooms are spacious and have good size tvs. the staff arrange plenty of activities if you wish to join in.

Submitted by Joanne S (Friend of Resident) on Tuesday 17 December 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My friend has been here for a number of years and I have of course visited her - she is very happy here. I have worked as a nurse in many rest home (I have not worked here, and I am now retired) and nursing homes for over 30 years. So having visited my friend today I felt I must tell you what a marvellous home it is. No smell, friendly staff - who treat the residents well and maintain their dignity. I have never visited a better home, so I had to fill this out!

Submitted by Sylvia Grant (Friend of resident) on Wednesday 23 October 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My mother originally went to Whitebourne after breaking her arm and being unable to manage on her own. She suffers from Alzheimer's and doesn't like change so I expected fireworks. How wrong could I be, the staff are relaxed and friendly. The rooms are clean and pretty with nice view of the gardens or Frimley town. The food is excellent and nothing is too much trouble. At the end of her respite, my mother has decided to stay at Whitebourne and I would recommend this residential home to anyone. I have not seen my mother so happy for a very long time.

Submitted by Karen Watts (Daughter of Resident) on Wednesday 15 May 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My Mother who has Dementia originally went in for restpite, the manager and staff were fantastic, supportive and helpful. It soon became apparent that it was unsafe for my mother to come home and the manager was fantastic and informative in assisting me with nursing care for my mum. Due to the deterioration in her condition she can not stay at Whitebourne which I am gutted about as you could not ask for more in a residential care home. Full credit to the manager and her staff for making Whitebourne a wonderful, relaxed, caring home from home. I would highly recommend Whitebourne to any one looking for a residential care home for a loved one. PS the food is fantastic as well.

Submitted by Sandra Holder (Daughter of Residence) on Tuesday 23 April 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

Whitebourne was recommended to my family, so we came to look and I am now a resident. I have become friends with other residents and I am very happy. The staff are very caring and I enjoy talking with them.

Submitted by Joan W (Resident) on Friday 15 March 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

Its a very good place. I have made many friends with other residents and enjoy talking to the staff, who are very helpful and caring.

Submitted by Ernest L (Resident) on Friday 15 March 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My mother is extremely well looked after and I would have no hesitation in recommending whitebourne to others.

Submitted by Angela S (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 27 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My mother recently moved into this care home for people with dementia. The manager was kind, understanding and accommodating, enabling my mother to have rather more personal items in her room than is usual. Transition was therefore smooth and my mother felt settled immediately. I cannot praise highly enough the wonderful, caring staff at Whitebourne. We recommend this home without hesitation. My mother is happy and therefore we are too!

Submitted by Dominique W (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 20 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My mother was in another care home prior to going into Whitebourne, unfortunately the care, cleanliness and equipment i.e toilet facilities to adjust height etc, bed was too low etc were not adequate. The management was not appropriate. So when my mother came to Whitebourne it was such a relief because of all reasons stated below. Well done Whitebourne. I have already recommended my aunt who is now a patient.

Submitted by Sally Walker (Daughter of resident) on Monday 18 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

The staff are always happy to chat and give an update on residents well being. Also a useful source of local information, most recently being the nearest shoe repair shop.

Submitted by Liz M (Daughter-in-law of resident) on Monday 18 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

From the minute mum arrived at Whitebourne she has been happy and settled , looked after by the excellent management and the kind, caring and understanding staff . The home offers residents a home from home environment that is consistently clean and warm. The regular activities provide light relief to what could otherwise be an empty and confused life. Mum talks, unprompted, about how nice the home is. She is happy safe and content. Thanks Whitebourne :-).

Submitted by Natalie Hernandez (Daughter) on Tuesday 12 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

Mother is receiving first class care and I wish to recommend this home for anyone else that is looking for specalist care. My mother has been a resident for some nine years and has been extremely happy and made lots of friends

Submitted by Carol Hills (Daughter of Resident) on Tuesday 12 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

All the staff are really kind and patient and live up to the values of care we expect from such an organisation.

Submitted by Joan F (Sister of resident) on Monday 11 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My sister is well looked after. The staff are friendly and kind to the residents and families.

Submitted by Henrietta O (Sister of resident) on Monday 11 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

The personnel all know my aunt Elsie well and offer her affection and care.

Submitted by Lee Harte (Nephew of resident) on Monday 11 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

My mother aged nearly 100 has been a resident for over 8 years. During this time she has been beautifully and considerately looked after still maintaining her dignity. The home has a cheerful atmosphere and the staff are always reactive to relatives requests.

Submitted by Jill G (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 6 February 2013.

Review of Whitebourne

"A breath of fresh air". Having visited and heard of other homes, coming to Whitebourne was truly a breath of fresh air - not only in the welcome we received, but in the confidence that the management and care staff imparted. This was a place where my mother, we felt, would be looked after with respect and dignity. Cleanliness was of high order and the challenges that we had to tackle ourselves, were quickly subsumed into the home's smooth running, removing what had become a large burden from our shoulders. Mum always comments (unprompted) as to how well she is looked after and how much she likes her room - and this must be the real test for anyone in our situation.

Submitted by Jim (Son of Resident) on Tuesday 5 February 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Whitebourne

Care Assistant

Exceeds National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

10 Dec 2014

Bank Care Team Leader

Exceeds National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary)

02 Dec 2014

Care Team Leader

Exceeds National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

02 Dec 2014
Apply Here

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Whitebourne