38 Sedlescombe Road South, St Leonards-on-Sea TN38 0TB
The Derwent is a home in the true sense of the word; warm, comfortable and welcoming. A converted private hotel, the Victorian building has high ceilings and spacious bedrooms and communal areas. The bedrooms are a reflection of the people who stay in them and you could be forgiven for thinking you were visiting their bedrooms in their own home.
• Accommodates up to 31 residents providing short term, respite and long-term care
• Caring for individuals who need a little extra help as they get older and suffer from age related illnesses such as short-term memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s
• They focus on promoting independence, individual choice, privacy, high levels of care and comfort in a homely environment
• Highly trained staff attending to every need 24 hours a day
• Single and double bedrooms available, all with ensuite
• Majority ground floor accommodation
Group: Cedars Care Group
Person in charge: Adriana Porime (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 31 residents
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment
Admission Information: Ages 60+.
Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Chinese - Cantonese, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Romanian
Single Rooms: 25
Shared Rooms: 3
Rooms with ensuite WC: 28
Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £550 – £950
Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room
Latest CQC* Report on Derwent Residential Care Home: click here
* Care Quality Commission (CQC) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Derwent Residential Care Home
Job Title: Home Manager
Adriana has a Psychology Bachelor degree and has continued her education to complete the equivalent of a National Vocational Qualification level 3 in Health & Social Care.
She has previously worked for City Hall in the child protection department, with the challenging role as a Child Protection Inspector. When in Romania, she started working in care as a Carer with in a nursing home and after two years she progressed to Care Manager. Adriana joined Cedars Care Group in 2011 as a Care Manager and after three months was promoted to Home Manager. She likes being part of a team as she feels valued and supported. She enjoys helping out and always demonstrates empathy, patience and kindness towards her residents. You can see Adriana loves her work as she always has a smile on her face!
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Derwent Residential Care Home