38 Sedlescombe Road South, St Leonards-on-Sea TN38 0TB
The Derwent is a home in the true sense of the word; warm, comfortable and welcoming. A converted private hotel, the Victorian building has high ceilings and spacious bedrooms and communal areas. The bedrooms are a reflection of the people who stay in them and you could be forgiven for thinking you were visiting their bedrooms in their own home.
• Accommodates up to 31 residents providing short term, respite and long-term care
• Caring for individuals who need a little extra help as they get older and suffer from age related illnesses such as short-term memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s
• They focus on promoting independence, individual choice, privacy, high levels of care and comfort in a homely environment
• Highly trained staff attending to every need 24 hours a day
• Single and double bedrooms available, all with ensuite
• Majority ground floor accommodation
Group: Cedars Care Group
Person in charge: Adriana Porime (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 31 residents
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment
Admission Information: Ages 60+.
Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Chinese - Cantonese, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Romanian
Single Rooms: 25
Shared Rooms: 3
Rooms with ensuite WC: 28
Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £800 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £600
Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room
Latest CQC* Report on Derwent Residential Care Home: click here
*Care Quality Commission (CQC) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
There is currently no 'Recommendation Score' for Derwent Residential Care Home.
There are currently no recommendations for Derwent Residential Care Home
There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Derwent Residential Care Home
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Derwent Residential Care Home