Richmond, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex

Richmond is a Bexhill-on-Sea care home that is an excellent choice for individuals with care needs looking to achieve a comfortable retirement while having skilled carers on hand to assist with aspects of their lifestyle that have become challenging.

Pleasant surroundings are complemented by a comfortable interior, with versatile communal facilities that are suited to many personal interests and a versatile programme of activities organised on behalf of service users.

Modern extensions have allowed the service to take on dementia care provision, adhering to recognised care industry standards.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 58 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Richmond: click here

9.4 Richmond has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.355)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Richmond is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Richmond in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.493 for Richmond is calculated as follows: ( (84 Excellents x 5) + (47 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.493

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.862 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Richmond is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.6 positive Reviews (58 registered beds ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 11.6 Target = 0.862

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Richmond?

Reviewer Connection to Richmond

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

I found the Heatherbank part of the home which I visited to be clean and pleasantly smelling. The residents looked happy and there were no problems. It was the hottest day of the year and every effort was made to cool down the rooms.
The care offered to each resident was appropriate to their needs and always delivered with dignity. Care staff regularly communicated to the residents. Tip Top service!!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Raden Mauremootoo, Area Manager at Richmond responded to this review on 11 Aug 2016:

Thank you, Juliet, for taking your time to complete the review.

My aunt resides here and at first I found it hard to visit as you do then family go into care of others, however I have always been welcomed and the home is like an extended family. I see her really enjoying activities and enjoying the food. I could ask for a better place for her to be. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

My mother has been Richmond for 15 months and we are very pleased with her care from the staff. We think that although difficult so many socks go missing, I am forever buying them for my mother. We would have liked to have seen more use of the garden and sometimes being taken out in the home bus but its not been in use for the past year or so. Also a bit more stimulation for the residents in quizzes or such like. Always feel at peace though leaving my mother in Richmond so that's good.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Likely

My mother had a stay at Richmond of nearly five weeks respite, after a short stay in hospital. With their care, kindness and wonderful food, she has made an amazing recovery. We are so grateful. The home was spotless and my mother is telling everyone what a wonderful place it is.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Raden Mauremootoo, Area Manager at Richmond responded to this review on 12 Jun 2016:

Dear Diana,
Thank you for taking your time to complete the review. We truly appreciate your trust in us and I am sure the staff at Richmond will be proud to hear the positive comments.
Once again thank you very much.

I waited a long time for a room to become available as I was so impressed with the home when I looked into residential homes for my husband. I was impressed very much by the manager, and the care shown by the carers - very kind and loving and it was genuine.
The home is very clean, great facilities and grounds and visitors are made very welcome. I would not place my husband in a home where I, myself, wouldn't go to. It was a big decision to let my husband "go" and I am soooo happy and content and so it here. I'm so grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Raden Mauremootoo, Area Manager at Richmond responded to this review on 09 Jun 2016:

Dear Joan
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it is good to hear the positive feedback and find the management and staff team so helpful.

I will feed your wonderful sentiments back to the team.

My relative could not be happier.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking your time to complete the review. We truly appreciate your trust in us and I am sure the staff at Richmond would be proud to hear the positive comments.
Once again thank you very much.

Thank you all at Richmond and Heatherbank for the excellent care for our mum at this special time of year (mums 98th Birthday) You all have become our extended family with such hard work and all the ups and downs involved on this caring journey. Many 'Butterfly' special moments form you all and from visiting services, nurses, doctors, hairdresser, chiropodist, activity, music, therapists, chaplain and team. Thank you for keeping mum smiling and happy.

Once again thank you very much.

I have been visiting since March. On each occasion I find the residents well cared for and staff very caring, giving lots of hugs and attention. The home is always clean. The rooms are well maintained. All staff know all the residents by name. A nice atmosphere.

Once again thank you very much.

I visit a close friend to do her hair.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Personal experience and recommendation are the best criterion when selecting such a fundamentally important service. I have had no hesitation when recommending Richmond House to my friends and acquaintances who are either looking for permanent care or respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Raden Mauremootoo, Area Manager at Richmond responded to this review on 05 Jun 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Richmond and thank you for the nice comments.

After having visited several care homes I was relieved to have found Richmond. A breath of fresh air!

Mum who has dementia and is very nervous was welcomed to different events on several occasions before her stay in order to make her respite as smooth and as stress less as possible for both of us! We spoke to both residents and staff. The staff were all kind, caring and knowledgeable. The residents were obviously happy and well looked after and one lady, when I spoke to her said "What more could I want".

Mum was extremely well looked after, helped every step of the way, kept safe and encouraged to join in the homes activities, the food was excellent, home cooked and nutritious and there was plenty of it, her en suite bedroom was neat, clean and well decorated to a high standard.

When the time is right, there will certainly be no hesitation in moving her to Richmond, as I will have total peace of mind.

Thank you once again to all the staff at Richmond.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Amanda Stovell, Home manager at Richmond responded to this review on 29 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your kind words. Here at Richmond we pride ourselves that we care for individuals and and try to make our welcome as warm as possible.

I cannot praise the staff at Richmond highly enough. They show tremendous compassion and respect to their residents and treat them with dignity. My mother seems very happy and well looked after and, despite my initial reservations of placing her in a dementia care home, I am now convinced I made the right decision. Well done Richmond!

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond? Extremely Likely

Amanda Stovell, Home Manager at Richmond responded to this review on 11 Dec 2015:

Thank you for your positive feedback. The staff at Richmond work hard to ensure all our resident needs are met in a warm, happy, welcoming environment.

Submit a Review for Richmond

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Richmond

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Richmond