Richmond, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex

Richmond is a Bexhill-on-Sea care home that is an excellent choice for individuals with care needs looking to achieve a comfortable retirement while having skilled carers on hand to assist with aspects of their lifestyle that have become challenging.

Pleasant surroundings are complemented by a comfortable interior, with versatile communal facilities that are suited to many personal interests and a versatile programme of activities organised on behalf of service users.

Modern extensions have allowed the service to take on dementia care provision, adhering to recognised care industry standards.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 58 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Richmond: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Richmond) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Richmond

My mother went into this home in March 2005 and she has been happy. There have been many changes with managers which can cause some distress but the carers are very supportive. My mother chose Richmond I gave her the choice of three homes. We recommend Richmond whenever we speak with anyone who needs this type of accommodation. I have had many friends stay here, also their stay has been treated well with dignity and respect.

Richmond

My mum was a resident for just over 8 years and has recently passed away. Richmond offers a residential unit and a dementia unit under one roof. Mum spent the first few years in the residential unit and then with the onset of dementia she moved to the dementia unit which was great for her because she didn't have to move to a new home which can be very unsettling. The staff are incredibly devoted and caring and the care mum received in the last few months of her life could not have been better. The food is good, there are organised activities and an in-house service. They also have Christmas and Easter fares and a garden party in the summer. Above all the staff make a care home what it is and they are just fantastic. I would recommend this home to anyone.

Richmond

Richmond is a place anyone can call home. They encourage me to keep motivated and focus on what's important to me. The staff/management are fantastic each and every single one of them treats me with respect and dignity. The care staff are always happy to help even with my personal care but in a way that I'm independent. There is always something going on that anyone can join in like music/singing/dancing/bingo/exercises/arts and crafts. 1-1 or group. The in-house church service is great and the Chaplin is very thoughtful and helpful to me.

Richmond

A lovely place to be and wonderful people around who are always happy to help me. The staff are like family and always encourage me to participate in things. There's not one fault I can mention about Richmond. Very happy and would recommend to anyone.

Richmond

Richmond is a fantastic home and a place I call home. The staff are incredible and a credit to this home. They help me with anything and when I want to go for a walk or visit the fish pond here, they have no problems with taking me and helping me improve my mobility. The exercise classes here have really helped me improve my mobility and strength. My family and friends visit me often and they too enjoy coming cause the staff are so lovely and inviting.

Richmond

I've enjoyed my stay here, the staff are always happy to help and support me with anything. I've made many friends here and felt welcomed the moment I walked through the door. They encourage and promote independence which was the one thing I always feared that I would lose but still I'm very independent. There is always something going on around the home and never feel alone. I enjoy the in house church service and many activities group or alone. The food is good enough that I always ask for more. I would recommend to anybody.

Richmond

My mother has been a resident at Richmond for nearly four years, she is suffering from the onset of dementia and I have found the staff and care of a good level. I chose Richmond after visiting so many other care homes because they offer a pleasant residence and their long term carers seem to me to care for and support their guests. The quality of good is very good and I recommend their services to all who require a good care home. The manager in the past three years have been good.

Richmond

Home always clean and tidy. Staff very friendly and cheerful. Care my sister gets is second to none. Relatives always made welcome when they enter the home. Meetings with relatives on a two monthly basis, always informative.

Richmond

They are friendly. My dad is well looked after, all his needs are met, and we are kept informed about his care. My dad is very happy.

Richmond

Richmond is a purpose built home standing in its own pleasant grounds. The rooms are well designed and equipped as are the communal areas. The staff are wonderful and frequently their remit to ensure that the residents are well cared for.

Richmond

I am very satisfied with the help and care my mother receives. The staff are always helpful and the food and accommodation are of a good standard.

Richmond

The overall quality of care is excellent in what must be a challenging environment.

Richmond

In my opinion, my sister, Ellen, is in a safe and happy environment. The loving and attentive care she receives is second to none. All the staff, carers and senior staff, are lovely. Ellen's dear friend, Win, and myself are able to visit Ellen on most days, we feel at ease and part of the family with the staff and other residents. I would not want Ellen staying anywhere else!

Richmond

Homely. Friendly staff. Great quality of food. Good activities. Clean rooms. Above all at the end of life the company and comfort she was given was tremendous. Well done Richmond.

Richmond

My mother has been a resident for 10 months. I am happy with the quality of care and all the staff are welcoming, attentive and caring. My mother says that she is being well looked after and that the staff are very kind to her.

Submit a Recommendation for Richmond

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Richmond

There are no jobs posted yet for Richmond

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Richmond