Richmond, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex

Richmond is a Bexhill-on-Sea care home that is an excellent choice for individuals with care needs looking to achieve a comfortable retirement while having skilled carers on hand to assist with aspects of their lifestyle that have become challenging.

Pleasant surroundings are complemented by a comfortable interior, with versatile communal facilities that are suited to many personal interests and a versatile programme of activities organised on behalf of service users.

Modern extensions have allowed the service to take on dementia care provision, adhering to recognised care industry standards.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 58 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Richmond: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.7 for Richmond) is based on 28 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Richmond

Mum was an emergency admission a few weeks ago. We were so lucky to be aware of the local reputation of the Richmond home and also that there was capacity for her. All of the staff have been very supportive of my brother and myself at a distressing time for all of us. Mum has settled well (although unaware this is to be a permanent arrangement) and seems happier with company and the food food provided.

Richmond

My mother became a resident a Richmond in September 2014 - after viewing several homes in the area we knew immediately this would be the right home for her. The atmosphere and caring but professionalism of the staff shone through, so the decision was made . Mum sadly had Dementia and could be challenging, I visited very often and was completely impressed with the kind and dignified way she was always treated, and so were all the other residents - it was heartwarming to know they were all receiving such a good standard of care but with kindness and patience. Mum's room was beautifully bright with an walk in shower en suite - it was always immaculately clean and was a really nice environment for her, she was kept clean and tidy and dressed with thoughtfulness with her hair done , so important for a lady who cared so much about her appearance . All the family and friends who visited were so impressed on every level of the standards in the residents rooms and communal areas . The food was also of an excellent standard and all visitors were always made welcome and looked after by the staff without exception. Sadly mum passed away in January - but I know her end of life care was exceptional, she received better care than many in hospital would, the staff care was outstanding and made a very difficult time so much easier. We as a family cannot thank the staff at Richmond highly enough, they gave mum the very best last few months of her life, we could not have asked for more. In my opinion Richmond has a very special and dedicated team and I wrote to the CEO to pass on our grateful thanks to staff, as I felt they deserved recognition for the wonderful job they do.

Richmond

Since arriving at Richmond, my mum has had three managers. The first even visited mum in her own home two days after we applied, even though we were 57 miles away. They gave here a thorough interview and provided a beautiful room at a very reasonable price. We chose the home because it had a lovely clean environment and an activities programme. The new manager has initiated many new plans in the few months she has been there. My mother's two senior carers, Sue and Katie, are excellent and professional. Their kindness to mum goes without saying. They are thorough and thoughtful to both residents and relatives and we appreciate this. I cannot praise the home and its staff more and thank them all for their hard work.

Richmond

My father is very happy and well cared for by a friendly and happy team. They get him involved in activities and trips out.

Richmond

Mum has been a resident in the dementia unit since March 2012. During this time there have been a lot of management changes and staff turnover. (The staff that remained were always good but previously unsupported.) The new Manager has totally turned the place around and continues to make improvements. She's always happy to chat and reassure. She took my Dad in for respite at very short notice for a week in April after radiotherapy treatment for his cancer which unfortunately is now terminal. He's back at Richmond again now having been discharged from the Hospice but unable to cope alone at home. The staff all welcomed him with open arms as he has been visiting Mum virtually everyday for last 3 years so is well known to them all. It's as close as I could get to leaving him with family which is a great relief and comfort to me as I live and work over a 100 miles away.

Richmond

I have both parents in Richmond with very different needs which are met with professional care delivered with great patience and understanding. They always maintain their dignity and treat residents in a very respectful manner. I have nothing but high praise for all the staff and management.

Richmond

A family friend has just had a post operative period of respite at Richmond in Bexhill. The care she received has been exemplary. The staff are very kind and nothing is too much trouble. The perfect place for someone needing care. The food (especially the cakes) are delicious and there is always something going on to do.

Richmond

My mother and father have been residents at Richmond for 5 years. My mother died in Jan 2015 and my father who is 94 an continues to live here. I can thoroughly recommend Richmond for elderly and/or Dementia clients. Since Feb 2015 when the new management took over the home has greatly improved, indoors and out. The gardens are improving all the times having got very run down prior to Feb 2015. Activities are provided, and many new things up and running to keep residents engaged and occupied. Since my mother died, my father kept to his room but is gradually coming out of his room and joining in. He particularly like the "Steak & Pint " outing that the men went on recently. Also relatives meetings very informative.

Richmond

I've not been here long only 4 months. I remember my family saying that I needed extra support and may need to go to a care home. I was totally against it but thought I'd visit a few homes with my family as I could see the strain on their face. I said if I did not find one that suited my needs then I will not be put in one. Well we visited many in the local area and outside of Bexhill. Not one home was right. The last one Richmond was clean, smell free, lovely, staff were happy. Tracy and Christine were great when showing me around, so I'm happy I found this place.

Richmond

My recommendation- take a look for yourself, you will not be disappointed by what you see. Want a home that cares, brings enjoyment, happiness, then Richmond is the place to be home, only fault here is we have a lovely garden we can't use as work is being done.

Richmond

I've been living here at Richmond with my wife, who sadly passed away at the beginning of the year, for more than 7 years. Richmond is my home and a place I can call home. When Molly (wife) died I thought my world had ended and I'll be alone. The staff here at Richmond ensured me I was not alone and was always there for me and put a smile on my face. Anyone can care but the staff generally care and show it to each and everyone of us. My Molly and i always said the best thing apart from marrying each other and having a family, was being here at Richmond.

Richmond

Richmond is a care home that cares. My life is fulfilled with different things to do. There is always something for everyone to do. Richmond is always something for everyone to do. Richmond staff are fantastic. The new manager has made some positive changes within the home. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't come here. The daily activities/trips are all enjoyable. I'm supported with my choices and very well respected by the staff and everyone here at Richmond. My words to describe this place "Heaven without the gates" The love and affection I'm shown here can always make me smile.

Richmond

A lovely home, excellent staff and manager is lovely too. Everything is perfect about this place. I would recommend to anyone.

Richmond

My mother went into this home in March 2005 and she has been happy. There have been many changes with managers which can cause some distress but the carers are very supportive. My mother chose Richmond I gave her the choice of three homes. We recommend Richmond whenever we speak with anyone who needs this type of accommodation. I have had many friends stay here, also their stay has been treated well with dignity and respect.

Richmond

My mum was a resident for just over 8 years and has recently passed away. Richmond offers a residential unit and a dementia unit under one roof. Mum spent the first few years in the residential unit and then with the onset of dementia she moved to the dementia unit which was great for her because she didn't have to move to a new home which can be very unsettling. The staff are incredibly devoted and caring and the care mum received in the last few months of her life could not have been better. The food is good, there are organised activities and an in-house service. They also have Christmas and Easter fares and a garden party in the summer. Above all the staff make a care home what it is and they are just fantastic. I would recommend this home to anyone.

Richmond

Richmond is a place anyone can call home. They encourage me to keep motivated and focus on what's important to me. The staff/management are fantastic each and every single one of them treats me with respect and dignity. The care staff are always happy to help even with my personal care but in a way that I'm independent. There is always something going on that anyone can join in like music/singing/dancing/bingo/exercises/arts and crafts. 1-1 or group. The in-house church service is great and the Chaplin is very thoughtful and helpful to me.

Richmond

A lovely place to be and wonderful people around who are always happy to help me. The staff are like family and always encourage me to participate in things. There's not one fault I can mention about Richmond. Very happy and would recommend to anyone.

Richmond

Richmond is a fantastic home and a place I call home. The staff are incredible and a credit to this home. They help me with anything and when I want to go for a walk or visit the fish pond here, they have no problems with taking me and helping me improve my mobility. The exercise classes here have really helped me improve my mobility and strength. My family and friends visit me often and they too enjoy coming cause the staff are so lovely and inviting.

Richmond

I've enjoyed my stay here, the staff are always happy to help and support me with anything. I've made many friends here and felt welcomed the moment I walked through the door. They encourage and promote independence which was the one thing I always feared that I would lose but still I'm very independent. There is always something going on around the home and never feel alone. I enjoy the in house church service and many activities group or alone. The food is good enough that I always ask for more. I would recommend to anybody.

Richmond

My mother has been a resident at Richmond for nearly four years, she is suffering from the onset of dementia and I have found the staff and care of a good level. I chose Richmond after visiting so many other care homes because they offer a pleasant residence and their long term carers seem to me to care for and support their guests. The quality of good is very good and I recommend their services to all who require a good care home. The manager in the past three years have been good.

Richmond

Home always clean and tidy. Staff very friendly and cheerful. Care my sister gets is second to none. Relatives always made welcome when they enter the home. Meetings with relatives on a two monthly basis, always informative.

Richmond

They are friendly. My dad is well looked after, all his needs are met, and we are kept informed about his care. My dad is very happy.

Richmond

Richmond is a purpose built home standing in its own pleasant grounds. The rooms are well designed and equipped as are the communal areas. The staff are wonderful and frequently their remit to ensure that the residents are well cared for.

Richmond

I am very satisfied with the help and care my mother receives. The staff are always helpful and the food and accommodation are of a good standard.

Richmond

The overall quality of care is excellent in what must be a challenging environment.

Richmond

In my opinion, my sister, Ellen, is in a safe and happy environment. The loving and attentive care she receives is second to none. All the staff, carers and senior staff, are lovely. Ellen's dear friend, Win, and myself are able to visit Ellen on most days, we feel at ease and part of the family with the staff and other residents. I would not want Ellen staying anywhere else!

Richmond

Homely. Friendly staff. Great quality of food. Good activities. Clean rooms. Above all at the end of life the company and comfort she was given was tremendous. Well done Richmond.

Richmond

My mother has been a resident for 10 months. I am happy with the quality of care and all the staff are welcoming, attentive and caring. My mother says that she is being well looked after and that the staff are very kind to her.

Submit a Review for Richmond

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Richmond

There are no jobs posted yet for Richmond

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Richmond