Dovecote View, Westhampnett, Chichester, West Sussex
Dovecote View
Dovecote View

Dovecote View Residential Home is a small, family-owned, family-orientated residential care home, that provides personal care for up to 29 residents. Providing quality, compassionate care to those aged 65 and over, and also to those suffering with Short-term memory loss and early on-set Dementia/Alzheimer's, with a focus on person-centred, individualised care. Situated in a rural community, close to the local Church and travel links, Dovecote View is an ideal setting for those wanting to be close to the City of Chichester, but still also living in a rural area. Dovecote View focuses on providing a 'Home from Home', and ensuring residents are kept independent and engaged in social activities, as well as the local community. Pay a visit to Dovecote View, and feel instantly welcomed and at home.

Owner: Dovecote View Ltd

Person in charge: Talisa Challis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 28 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £710 – £900

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Dovecote View: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Dovecote View

(2 Privately Funded Permanent or Respite Vacancies)
posted 17 Oct 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Dovecote View

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.3 for Dovecote View) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Dovecote View

My Mum became a resident in June 2013 with the onset of dementia and limited physical capabilities until she passed away in early August 2014. Prior to that she had been into Dovecote from time to time for periods of respite. Throughout these times my Mum was treated with the utmost care and dignity by all the staff, nothing was too much trouble for them. They always reacted very promptly when she needed doctor or hospital attention. My two sisters and I are able to say that during the period our mum was at home she became a much happier lady and we believe this was as a result of the care and consideration she received. It was always a happy place not just for the residents but also visitors. We were confident at all times that our Mum was receiving excellent care.

Submitted by Sue Dyer (Daughter of Ada Bowra) on Thursday 28 August 2014.

Review of Dovecote View

My mother received end of life care here after living at Dovecote for 3 years. The enthusiasm, care of patient and relatives, is second to none. They go the extra mile to help, alert and find out more info to help residents. We were delighted that mum could remain in such a friendly and caring environment until she died.

Submitted by Colin Clark (Son of resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Dovecote View

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Dovecote View

Talisa

Talisa Challis

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2008

Since joining Dovecote View in 2008, I have progressed through the company to the role as Registered Manager, and have now completed my Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care.
I have been in post as the Home's Manager since 2012, and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of my role. I am responsible for the day to day running of the home, and ensuring our residents receive person-centred, quality care.
I am very lucky to have such a hard-working, caring team around me for support, and I am even more fortunate to have the knowledge and experience of Janet, the Care Manager, who has worked in Care for the past 20 years behind me and supporting me.
We provide personal care for up to 29 residents, and the Home is very much a family-orientated, friendly 'Home from Home'. We have a lot of social gatherings and activities, and welcome visitors and the local community.
There are not many job roles where you can say you love your job, but I feel very fortunate to have progressed to a role that I love.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dovecote View