Dovecote View, Chichester, West Sussex

Dovecote View Residential Home is a small, family-owned, family-orientated residential care home, that provides personal care for up to 29 residents. Providing quality, compassionate care to those aged 65 and over, and also to those suffering with Short-term memory loss and early on-set Dementia/Alzheimer's, with a focus on person-centred, individualised care. Situated in a rural community, close to the local Church and travel links, Dovecote View is an ideal setting for those wanting to be close to the City of Chichester, but still also living in a rural area. Dovecote View focuses on providing a 'Home from Home', and ensuring residents are kept independent and engaged in social activities, as well as the local community. Pay a visit to Dovecote View, and feel instantly welcomed and at home.

Owner: Dovecote View Ltd

Person in charge: Talisa Challis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 28 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £745 – £950

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Dovecote View: click here

The user Review Score of 9.6 for Dovecote View is based on 16 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.606 is made up of 4.606 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother was a resident of Dovecote view for 5 and a half years before her death there in October. Over that time her mental and physical health declined steadily. I found the staff to be very caring to my mother's welfare and made many extra efforts to accommodate her declining health. She was always clean, well dressed and well fed. I was always impressed with how much the staff cared for my mother and how much time they devoted to her. Living in America, I was never worried about my mother's care which was a huge relief to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Dovecote View? Extremely LIKELY

Talisa Challis, Manager at Dovecote View responded to this review on 03 Dec 2015:

It was an absolute pleasure to care for Mum for 5 and a half years, and we feel very lucky to have done so for so long.

My mother-in-law became a resident of the above care home in February 2015, as my wife and myself couldn't cope with the 24 hour care. She was made very welcome by the manageress and the staff who I must say are excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for them and the home itself is very homely and is in excellent state throughout. The standard of care is second to none. The food is very good and wholesome, and caters for different diets. The staff put on different functions to make life interesting and therapeutic for the residents if they want to participate. To wrap it up all in one its better than a five star hotel.

How likely would you be to recommend Dovecote View? Extremely LIKELY

Highly recommended; not only for day care people like my wife, great residential as well. Everyone who works here is very a obliging and nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Dovecote View? Likely

With both my mother and aunt having been in several care homes Dovecote View is by far the best. I rate all their care and facilities very high. Very young manager, absolutely superb.

Very good place in which to live.

How likely would you be to recommend Dovecote View? Extremely LIKELY

Staff help us by encouraging us, they look after all of us very well. Someone always comes to ask if there is anything they can do for me. I like living here and would recommend this to my friends. I especially enjoy the visits from the dogs.

I think the staff are very lively, friendly and caring, I love living here. I love the conservatory, the lovely gardens to look out on. I am always very pleased to live here as I do like it very much. I love the visits from the little dog too. A wonderful place to live! I think you are all very good, kind and helpful in every possible way.

How likely would you be to recommend Dovecote View? Extremely LIKELY

Plenty to do & to look at, the girls that look after me are excellent at what they do. Very clean, my room is always tidied nicely. I really enjoy the food, especially the breakfasts. I love the outings the home does, and the other activities.

Clean, tidy, decorated well, cleaned daily. the staff, the ones I met were very caring for they treated Mum with dignity and tried their best, as a retired nurse maybe the insight of a RN would e useful to have a larger experience.

Recommended. No adverse comment. A very good example of it's type. Staff very responsive to requests.

Very satisfactory.

General care good.

The best of many homes we visit.

I found the staff at Dovecote View all so helpful. I am sure that it speeded my recovery from a hip replacement operation to spend a week there. Thank you too for returning my notebook.

My Mum became a resident in June 2013 with the onset of dementia and limited physical capabilities until she passed away in early August 2014. Prior to that she had been into Dovecote from time to time for periods of respite. Throughout these times my Mum was treated with the utmost care and dignity by all the staff, nothing was too much trouble for them. They always reacted very promptly when she needed doctor or hospital attention. My two sisters and I are able to say that during the period our mum was at home she became a much happier lady and we believe this was as a result of the care and consideration she received. It was always a happy place not just for the residents but also visitors. We were confident at all times that our Mum was receiving excellent care.

My mother received end of life care here after living at Dovecote for 3 years. The enthusiasm, care of patient and relatives, is second to none. They go the extra mile to help, alert and find out more info to help residents. We were delighted that mum could remain in such a friendly and caring environment until she died.

Submit a Review for Dovecote View

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Dovecote View

There are no jobs posted yet for Dovecote View

Talisa

Talisa Challis

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2008

Since joining Dovecote View in 2008,
I have progressed through the company to the role as Registered Manager,
and have now completed my Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care.
I have been in post as the Home's Manager since 2012, and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of my role.
I am responsible for the day to day running of the home,
and ensuring our residents receive person-centred, quality care.
I am very lucky to have such a hard-working, caring team around me for support,
and I am lucky to have worked alongside some of my colleagues for many years.
I am passionate about giving residents the best quality care,
and I believe everyone should be cared for as if they are an extension of your own family,
if it's not good enough for your own Mum or Gran, then it's not good enough!
We provide personal care for up to 29 residents,
and the Home is very much a family-orientated, friendly 'Home from Home'.
We have a lot of social gatherings and activities, and welcome visitors and the local community.
There are not many job roles where you can say you love your job,
but I feel very fortunate to have progressed to a role that I love.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dovecote View