Ringshill Care Home, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire

Ringshill Care Home is a purpose-built facility that provides a modern standard of nursing and social care, for both long-term and temporary care requirements.

Residents enjoy a home that is comfortably furnished and goes to great effort to ensure each individual's diet, health and lifestyle requirements are accounted for.

Located in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, the home is well-positioned to allow residents maximum enjoyment of local countryside and organises regular activities to ensure a good mental and physical well-being all round.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Katie Wilkinson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 87 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Ringshill Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Ringshill Care Home is based on 13 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.571 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.295 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.276 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.571 for Ringshill Care Home is based on 13 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.295 for Ringshill Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (68 Excellents x 5) + (69 Goods x 4) + (17 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.295

The Quantity Score of 4.276 for Ringshill Care Home is calculated as follows:

My mother has only been here six weeks but have been pleasantly surprised how well she has settled in. We expected a lot more problems. We have found the staff all of them very kind, friendly and caring. The coffee's not bad either.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Likely

Everyone that works on my brothers floor are very friendly and nice to us and my brother even down to the cleaning ladies to laundry ladies. I do think though it would be nice to have a few more carers to be able to spend more time with the clients in the home. The food is really good and always ample and the home is beautifully clean, very pleased with this home. I don't know why so many people outside the home have said it is no good here as I feel very happy with everyone here. All very helpful and do all that they can to make him happy. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my mother has been in Ringshill Care Home we have had no cause for complaint. My mother is unable to write since a stroke so I have filled the form in for her. The opinions are hers. She is quite content where she is, and gets on well with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the care that my Grandmother is getting. The staff are polite and courteous and would help in any way they can.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with everything that is done for my mum who is 100 years olds, she appears to be quite happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are very kind and caring but under constant pressure, patients need much more stimulation - nothing appears to happen - is there any? They appear to be left on their own just to sit or be left in bed - no activities seem to go on.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Facilities: Poor

Activities: Very Poor

Katie Wilkinson, Home Manager at Ringshill Care Home responded to this review on 04 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ringshill - we really appreciate all feedback and comments. I’d like to discuss activities in more detail with you as I can assure you we have a dedicated Personal Activities Leader who provides regular activities for residents to take part in if they wish. We’ve also recently acquired an allotment which will provide an area for residents to enjoy once the weather starts to improve. My door is always open so please come in for a chat, maybe you have some activity ideas you’d like to see introduced? Look forward to speaking with you and thank you again for the review.

My mum has been admitted to Ringshill for two weeks respite. Despite my original concern at having to put mum into a care home, the staff at Ringshill couldn't be nicer and have put my mind at complete rest. They are kind, caring, extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them and I am extremely impressed. The home is clean and well run, the food is very good and the atmosphere is like a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel we are well taken care of. The staff are very helpful and courteous. I think it is a well run establishment. I would feel safer it there were more security helpers.

How likely would you be to recommend Ringshill Care Home? Likely

I enjoy living here, there is a lot of different people with different views and opinions. I's nice to hear other people. The living conditions are very good and most of the staff are okay.

Personally I like it her. I have no problems we have good food and the people look after us very well. I have no problems with anything, I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to live here. I am free to come and go as I please within reason. It is really great.

My husband has been a resident for almost two years, and I would recommend the home. The staff are excellent and very caring, but the lack of permanent management staff and permanent nursing staff has been very detrimental. I believe this will change! One of the reasons why we chose RingsHill was that everybody, staff and residents were smiling when I visited. And they still are, often under difficult circumstances.

Despite a few negative comments 3 years ago from some locals, we have found that if we've had any comments (not complaints!) we have always seen the situation resolved quickly. The staff have formed good relationships, very caring with mum.

My wife, has been here now for 4 and a half years, and she needs constant 24/7 care. I find the staff here totally dedicated to the job, I visit every day and find she is well looked after with absolute care.

Submit a Review for Ringshill Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ringshill Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Ringshill Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ringshill Care Home