Group: Trust Care Management Ltd

Person in charge: Shiny Joe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Peterborough City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 27 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Hungarian, Italian, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish, Urdu

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £550 Nursing Care Single from £700

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Star Nursing and Residential Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.5 for The Star Nursing and Residential Home) is based on 4 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

The Star Nursing and Residential Home

Nurse, carer and management team very friendly and supportive when I visited. When I phone I am usually able to speak to my mum and I find this is very reassuring and I know she is well cared for and is in the best possible health for her age with the exception of cataracts on both eyes resulting in poor eye sight. I was informed by the doctor that no more can be done for her. I am very happy with this nursing home.

The Star Nursing and Residential Home

This is a superb nursing home. The manager and staff are very dedicated and very kind. They were very good to my mum. She always had a choice of menu and the food was very good.

The Star Nursing and Residential Home

I found this home very good after visiting six other homes in Peterborough. This one had no smells, it was very clean and the manager took me to see the room available. We spoke of my wife's needs and she took me around and introduced me to members of staff. I am very happy I chose Star Residential Home for my wife.

The Star Nursing and Residential Home

Don't be put off by the location. When inside it is very welcoming. The staff are kindness itself to residents and family. Activities appear to be encouraged where possible. Regular family meetings to air views and suggestions. Management run an open door policy, can't be faulted. As a family we are very happy that our Mother has settled so well. A big thank you to all the staff.

Submit a Review for The Star Nursing and Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Star Nursing and Residential Home

RGN/RMN

£13.00/hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Star Nursing and Residential Home