Bilney Hall, Dereham, Norfolk
Bilney Hall
Bilney Hall

Tel: 01362 860 246

Bilney Hall offers a splendid environment for gracious living. The Hall dates back to the 19th century yet its luxurious facilities are very much 21st century. Generous single rooms, all with en-suite facilities, are tastefully decorated and provide our residents with the necessary facilities for a quality life in later years. The Home provides residential care for frail elderly residents and has separate wings for those with dementia. Although all rooms are fully furnished, we encourage residents to bring with them items of furniture and personal possessions so that their room can be a true home from home.

Bilney Hall is situated in the picturesque village of East Bilney, just a few miles from the market towns of Dereham and Fakenham. Set in six acres of extensive grounds, our residents can relax in the stunning walled garden and wooded parkland which surround the home allowing them to really enjoy this haven within the beautiful Norfolk countryside.

Our care staff are trained to the highest standards, using our internal training programme, and chosen not only for their skills but also for their warmth, friendliness and caring attitude. They are on hand around the clock to provide professional care that respects the rights and dignity of the individual. The emphasis placed on high quality staff was recently rewarded when the company received ‘Investor in People’ accreditation.

We regularly assess each resident so that we can be sure their needs are met and supply specialised equipment if required. An optician, dentist, and chiropodist visit by appointment, and the in-house hairdressing salon provides all the usual services plus manicures and hand massages. Our catering staff provides delicious meals and snacks throughout the day, as well as special dishes for those with particular dietary requirements.

Bilney Hall has the benefit of an Activities Coordinator with whom residents can arrange to take part in as many, or as few, activities as they wish. Our activity leaflet gives more information about what is on offer.

We strongly believe that no matter what level of care is required, everyone deserves the same attention and has the same right to live life to the full. We aim to make our residents’ lives enjoyable and satisfying, enabling them to meet new friends and keep in touch with existing ones. Family and friends are always welcome at Bilney Hall and we value their involvement in our resident’s care. Above all, we promote individual choice in a caring environment that is free from stress or worry.

Group: Healthcare Homes Group Ltd

Person in charge: Alison Charlesworth (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 54 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £800 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £800

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Bilney Hall: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Bilney Hall

(in new 22 bed dementia wing)
posted 14 Jul 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Bilney Hall

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.8 for Bilney Hall) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Bilney Hall on Wednesday 23 July 2014 by Janet (Mum and dad are new residents)

What more can I say! Bilney Hall is like living in a stately home. Mum and dad are very happy. The staff are magnificent. The activities team, just organised a party for mum's 90th. Everyone without exception is kind and patient. They all deserve a pay rise! Dad missed it because he fell over and broke his pelvis (he has a talent for it) but everyone rallies round (and Queen Elizabeth Hospital are great too!) We count ourselves very fortunate that we found this lovely place for mum and dad's final years (they're 90 and 91)

Review of Bilney Hall on Tuesday 13 May 2014 by Denis M (Husband of Resident)

My wife gradually developed dementia, she is now in her seventh year at Bilney. She can do nothing for herself. Her care at Bilney is very good, all the staff are well trained and very kind to all residents. The management are good and considerate. I would recommend this care home.

Review of Bilney Hall on Wednesday 30 April 2014 by Liz Lawrence (Daughter of resident (deceased))

This home gave the most wonderful care to my mother during her time there. From the moment my mother walked in to the day she died the care was superb. My mother could not have had a better end of life experience. The family were also treated with compassion and care. Every member of staff oozed empathy and love for the people in their care and treated them with respect. The staff are led in this wonderful manner by the Manager - Alison Charlesworth. If I am to end up in a home, this would be my choice. The BBC should film here to show just how a home for patients with dementia and other illnesses can be cared for. Thank you.

Review of Bilney Hall on Sunday 30 March 2014 by Linda Howell (Friend of resident)

I have known of Bilney Hall for many years and was in no doubt when I had to place my dear friend in care. I knew that he would be well looked after here and I am not disappointed. I have recommended several people to this care home and all to my knowledge are very satisfied with their care. It is a well run establishment with Alison and her staff and the cleanliness is impeccable.

Review of Bilney Hall on Sunday 22 September 2013 by Jackie Starling (Father resident until died in April)

My father was a resident at Bilney for 18 months until he unfortunately died in April this year. He had vascular dementia and I had moved him from his much loved home in Stoke to be near to me. When I could no longer care for him Alison and the wonderful staff literally saved my life by giving my dad somewhere he could live out his life with dignity and respect. He loved it and although I was fortunate enough to be able to visit him daily, he was never short of company or entertainment - if he wished it. I am unable to thank everyone there enough. The staff there are angels and I have not a bad word to say about anyone.

Review of Bilney Hall on Wednesday 17 October 2012 by Denis John Marlton (Husband of resident)

My wife has dementia. She has been in Bilney since 14/8/2011, she has vascular dementia and is completely dependent in every aspect. The staff, women and girls are very fond of Margaret and look after her extremely well. I visit her as often as possible, generally twice a week.

Submit a Recommendation for Bilney Hall

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Bilney Hall and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Bilney Hall

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bilney Hall