Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care

266 Dereham Road, New Costessey, Norwich NR5 0SN

Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care, Norwich, Norfolk

Grays Fair Court – Short Term/Respite care is a dedicated respite centre in Norfolk, offering short term breaks in hotel-style accommodation with 24-hour quality care. Grays Fair Court is a welcoming and safe environment where guests can enjoy the comfort of large, spacious bedrooms with en-suite facilities, 32 inch TVs, and the opportunity to socialise and take part in a wide range of activities.

Conveniently located on the outskirts of Norwich in New Costessey, Grays Fair Court is a vibrant care complex, purposefully designed to enable guests to rest or recuperate following an accident or illness, or simply to have a break away from home. Relatives and carers can rest assured that their loved ones are taken good care of in the safe hands of Age UK Norfolk. They are able to take short notice emergency admissions as well as advance bookings.

The communal facilities at Grays Fair Court that guests can enjoy include: a quiet room and activity area; a wheelchair-friendly sheltered courtyard; conservatory; TV room; in-house laundry; internet access; library; hairdressing salon; refreshments and a variety of snacks available on request; and a restaurant serving lunch with a choice of dishes from the menu.

Guests at Grays Fair Court can get involved with regular social activities such as entertainment, arts and crafts, quizzes and games, singing, exercise classes, sharing memories and much more. Grays Fair Court also offers a bathing service and opportunities to be pampered from visiting hairdressers and foot care specialists.

Headed up by a very experienced manager, care and support plans are tailored to individual needs and care and support is available 24-hours a day. The care staff are skilled in domiciliary and early stages of dementia care, they are police checked and have a wealth of knowledge in older people's care needs.

Group: Age UK Norfolk

Person in charge: Kate Rudkin (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 20 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Admission Information: We provide respite care from 2 nights up to 6 weeks. Our prices are charged per night.. Ages 50+.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care is conveniently located in New Costessey, Norwich which is just off the A47, close to the Bowthorpe roundabout.

This truly unique short term/respite care centre allows you to socialise, energise and revitalise in the caring and professional company of Age UK Norfolk staff. A charity who understands the needs of people in later life; additional volunteer staff create a level of care unmatched by commercial organisations.

Relatives, carers and friends are encouraged to visit at any time and as often as they wish, but are asked to sign the visitor's book in the centre. Well-behaved pets may visit by arrangement. Visitors to Grays Fair Court can make drinks in the short term / respite care lounge.

To appreciate all that is offered, your more are welcome to arrange an informal visit by appointment with the Manager.

Visitor parking is available at the front of Grays Fair Court. Blue badge parking is also available.

Latest CQC* Report on Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care: click here

9.7 Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.651)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.651 for Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care is calculated as follows: ( (59 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 83 Ratings = 4.651

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered beds ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care?

Reviewer Connection to Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care

I am quadriplegic due to multiple sclerosis. I need help with EVERYTHING and the staff at Grays Fair feed me and ensure I have drinks regularly. I need a special mattress which has to be delivered prior to my respite care and this my wife has to check up on as it's essential. I am 6'4'' tall and wish beds were longer.
The staff are absolutely lovely and fulfil all my needs. They will have a laugh and keep spirits high. They also get to know my wife, daughter, son-in-law (and grandson) and my son.

How likely would you be to recommend Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care? Extremely Likely

Age UK Norfolk, Customer Care Team at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care responded to this review on 04 Jan 2017:

Thank you Anthony F for your positive comments about Grays Fair Court Short Term-Respite Care in Norwich. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your lovely feedback is always appreciated by our staff. We value all feedback as it helps us to shape our services at Age UK Norfolk and deliver the highest standard of support and care.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. This five-day stay at Grays Fair Court for my husband enabled me to take a much-needed break - much appreciated.

Age UK Norfolk, Customer Care Team at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care responded to this review on 12 Dec 2016:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we will pass your positive feedback on to the care team. We really enjoyed looking after your husband at Grays Fair Court Short-Term/Respite Care, Norwich.

This is an excellent respite care home. The facilities are very clean and comfortable and the staff are extremely friendly and attentive. I have no concerns at all about my mother's care when she stays at Grey Fair and she loves coming here.

Thank you for your positive comments about Grays Fair Court Short Term-Respite Care Norwich, and we're glad to hear that you mother loves coming to stay with us. We will pass your kind words onto our care team and we look forward to seeing your mum again soon.

It is nice to see the same staff every time, obviously a good place to work as well as for respite care.

Michelle Jay, Customer Care Team at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care responded to this review on 09 Dec 2016:

Thank you P D for your positive comments about Grays Fair Court Short Term-Respite Care Norwich, which are always appreciated by our staff.

No issues.
Mum happy.
Staff excellent.
It helps the family enormously to have a break and get on with their lives.

How likely would you be to recommend Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care? Likely

Michelle Jay, Customer Care Team at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care responded to this review on 01 Dec 2016:

Thank you Barry C for your positive comments about Grays Fair Court - Short Term/Respite Care, Norwich. We’re glad that your mum enjoyed her stay with us and that it has helped your family have a break. Thank you also for your kind comment about our staff which is always appreciated.

The care at Greys Fair Court is excellent, very caring staff, a safe place to be. My mum loves it and all the staff are wonderful! It has made a huge difference to not only my mum, but to myself and my husband too. As I know she is looked after first class, and I can leave her in good hands!

Age UK Norfolk, Customer Care Team at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care responded to this review on 18 Nov 2016:

Thank you Susan S for your positive comments about Grays Fair Court Short Term-Respite Care, Norwich, which are always appreciated by our staff. We are so happy to hear that your mum enjoyed her stay and that it made a difference to you and your husband.

I consented to attending Grays Fair Court, providing that my wife accompanied me for day care, and gradually I have come to enjoy the company of other attendees, as I found myself and my wife instantly accepted and made welcome. The facilities on hand are excellent, as also, the range of activities and entertainment. The food is also good and varied.

Age UK Norfolk, Customer Care Team at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care responded to this review on 16 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review and positive comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Grays Fair Court Short Term/Respite Care, Norwich. We were also glad to hear that you enjoyed the activities and entertainment provided by the Grays Fair Court Day Care Centre.

Submit a Review for Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care

Helen

Helen Graham

Job Title: Respite Team Leader

Hello, my name is Helen and I am the respite team leader at Grays Fair court in Norwich.

I work with a lovely team of carers who I am responsible for supervising. I am always delighted to see our guests return because they have enjoyed their previous stay so much.

I love that I have the opportunity to make a difference to someone's life, even if it's just having a friendly chat or making them smile.

Tracy

Tracy Corbett

Job Title: Respite Assistant Manager

My job is to ensure the smooth running of the respite unit, from the initial booking of a visit to our guest leaving us. I monitor the service and ensure that we give our guests the best care and attention during their stay with us.

I enjoy interacting with our guests and ensuring that they have a happy stay with us. Some guests can be nervous about their stay, especially if it is their first time using respite services and it is always lovely to see them blossom and enjoy the social opportunities at Grays Fair Court.

Some of our guests may be staying with us after a period of being unwell and it is very rewarding to see them grow stronger and able to return to their day to day lives.

Linda

Linda Smith

Job Title: Respite and Day Support Manager

Joined: 2001

I'm Linda and I've worked for Age UK Norfolk's Grays Fair Court for over 15 years. I am passionate about the services I manage and the wonderful support for older people provided by the charity’s wide ranging services.

At Grays Fair Court the emphasis is always about person centred care, involving each individual wherever possible, in the planning of the support required to meet their daily living needs including social opportunities.

I am a people person and therefore the thing I like most about my job is engaging with others. This includes the individuals who use our services, their friends and families, my colleagues and other professional I liaise with on a daily basis.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Grays Fair Court - Short Term / Respite Care