Grenville Court, Norwich, Norfolk
Grenville Court
Grenville Court

Grenville Court provides a service that is personalised to each resident's needs and preference, making the most of a versatile interior and pleasing surroundings.

A qualified team are experienced in the task of dementia care, in pursuit of which the home benefits from its own reminiscence room and sensory gardens.

This modern care accommodation has been purpose-built to suit the lives and care needs of those the team are trained to support and safeguard.

Group: Alpha Care Management Services Ltd

Person in charge: Alan Hood (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 64 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Grenville Court: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Grenville Court

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Grenville Court

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Grenville Court) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Grenville Court

My mum was very unhappy about going into a home but the very next day she was happy, smiling and socialising. She has been here one week, and she has been very well looked after. The staff are very friendly, kind and considerate and I would have no problem with having my mum stay here again in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Grenville Court? Extremely likely

Submitted by Patricia F (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 31 March 2015. Review relates to March 2015.

Review of Grenville Court

My mum has only been in Grenville Court for a couple of weeks. She has never been apart from my step-dad before and they are 96 and 97 years old. The staff have been absolutely lovely to them and really helped my mum settle in. My dad has been made so welcome and has spent all day at the home with her. He has spoken to his doctor and is going to move in with her if it is at all possible.

Submitted by Margaret Gibson (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 5 March 2015.

Review of Grenville Court

The management and staff are very helpful, caring and give advice freely, to benefit mum and myself. Above all mum's interests come first and foremost. I could not wish for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Grenville Court? Extremely likely

Submitted by Brian Woodhouse (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 5 March 2015.

Review of Grenville Court

I have found everyone here helpful and friendly to both me and my husband, and the home does everything they can for the residents and their families. It makes me feel very comfortable as if we are one big family.

How likely would you be to recommend Grenville Court? Extremely likely

Submitted by June Clouting (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 29 January 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

Review of Grenville Court

Very good care services and good homes.

Submitted by Chris Wright (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Monday 26 January 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

TWO YEAR REVIEW
MY MUM HAS BEEN IN THE GRENVILLE COURT CARE HOME FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS AND THESE GRADINGS ARE IN APPRECIATION OF THE STANDARD OF CARE WHICH SHE HAS RECEIVED.

How likely would you be to recommend Grenville Court? Extremely likely

Submitted by IAN CHAPMAN (Son of Resident/Service User) on Saturday 8 November 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Friendly Care Home With Lovely Staff
Just a short note to say how happy me and my family are that we chose Grenville Court as the residential home for my Mother. She does get upset and lonely sometimes but we all understand that this is the Dementia and does not necessarily mean she is unhappy. All staff always have a warm welcome and a friendly smile when we visit. Mum always seems to be smiling too and she often tells us that she likes being there even if she does sometimes want to come home. Thank you so much for sorting any small issues that we may have had and always being there for us if we need to ask any questions.

How likely would you be to recommend Grenville Court? Likely

Submitted by Mandy Curtis (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 28 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Grenville Court

A caring, safe home for my mum to be.
Mum has been at Grenville court for one and a half years, she suffers dementia. Before she went in she was a danger to her self and unable to control medication, we were very worried for her. Since living her, her health has improved, her condition has slowed and most of all her happiness increased (good day's more than bad day's). The staff here are great, they do their utmost to stimulate her, they try their hardest to keep her clean (she doesn't like to shower :-)), Her medication is spot on, she is safe and very well looked after. The staff are also great to us as a family, answering any questions, pointing out things we should know and all with a smile. I'm very impressed and happy in knowing mum is being cared for by professional, genuine, caring people.

How likely would you be to recommend Grenville Court? Extremely likely

Submitted by Garry Pye (Son of Resident/Service User) on Friday 10 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Grenville Court

Grenville Court Care Home in Horsford looks after my husband wonderfully. They see to his personal needs in a calm, efficient way and are kind and caring when handling him. I couldn't have found a better place for him to live (apart from at home with me of course).

Submitted by Christine (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 23 September 2014.

Review of Grenville Court

My wife has been a Resident at Grenville Court Care Home for one and a half years and I cannot fault the care that my wife receives. All the management and staff are extremely warm and welcoming and are keen to help us both. I would recommend Grenville Court to anyone as I have peace of mind that my wife is in such capable hands.

Submitted by Ted Roy (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 28 August 2014.

Review of Grenville Court

My mum has been a resident at Grenville Court since October 2013. My mum has Alzheimer's and has been high maintenance health wise since she has been there. The staff have been absolutely brilliant in caring for her. Whenever there has been a problem with her health, they have either telephoned me or discussed with me on a visit. In looking for a home for my mum I wanted a home not an institution and Grenville Court was just what I had in my mind for my mum. Residents are in a secure environment but can wonder around their floor level if they wish. There is a lounge transformed into the bygone years furnished with items going back to the 1940's and 50's. There are plenty of activities for those residents who wish to take part. The carers work very hard and are very good with the residents. I would not hesitate in recommending Grenville Court. In her little world I know my mum is happy there and I trust all the staff to look after her.

Submitted by Kathrin Arthur (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 March 2014.

Review of Grenville Court

After looking at other care homes at such a hard time and the decision to put Mum into a home. I'm so happy she's here, the care given is second to none. She is always clean, dressed and happy. Mum has Alzheimer's and is never left alone. The staff work tirelessly to ensure all residents are looked after, with lots of activities to do, Mum loves skittles and painting etc. The home itself has beautiful rooms, a lovely garden, huge TV's and is absolutely spotless. I wouldn't want my mum to be anywhere else. 10 out of 10 for everything.

Submitted by Jane D (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 23 April 2013.

Review of Grenville Court

Such a friendly homely care home. The staff always have time for you and there is always activities going on. Its more like home than a 'care' home.

Submitted by Pamela Alothman (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 17 April 2013.

Review of Grenville Court

I always feel at ease there, visit any time and have private time or join in activities to choice, customise the room using furniture and knick knacks from home. The managements structure is well developed and from the manager down, all show a cheerful and exceptional caring commitment to the wellbeing and dignity of the residents. Health, diet and social needs of individual residents are always of primary concern and input from relatives is always welcome.

Submitted by Derek G (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 11 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Grenville Court

Senior Carer

Dependent upon experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Care Assistant

Dependent upon experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Activities Assistant

Dependent upon experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Team Leader / Unit Manager

Dependant Upon Experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

06 Mar 2015
Apply Here

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Grenville Court