Nightingale Lodge, Hunstanton, Norfolk

Nightingale Lodge is registered to offer care provision for twenty-four residents, all of whom enjoy a comfortable interior with their own en-suite bedrooms.

The property is well-situated for nearby amenities as well as being a short walk from the Hunstanton seafront, giving residents a wide range of options over their own lifestyle and sense of personal freedom.

Partially-sighted residents are welcomed at Nightingale and carers are qualified in helping with a wide range of individual needs, with assistance from other healthcare professionals where required.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Sandra Rowe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 24 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £750 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £475 – £500

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Nightingale Lodge: click here

9.7 Nightingale Lodge has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.698)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Nightingale Lodge is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.698 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.698 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.698 for Nightingale Lodge is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.698 for Nightingale Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (127 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 179 Ratings = 4.698

The Quantity Score of 5 for Nightingale Lodge is calculated as follows:

3. (15 Positive Reviews ÷ 24 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.250 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Nightingale Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Nightingale Lodge

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

13 Reviews* is 4.7 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 13 reviews. Ratings from the 2 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I have been very pleased with all aspects of this care home. The room that I have is excellent and I am very satisfied since first coming here. The staff have been really kind and caring and I couldn't wish for a better home to be in.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting a friend at Nightingale Lodge for quite a while now and have found that he has been so happy living there at the home. The staff are extremely friendly and always very helpful. My dear friend has told me of their kindness towards him and he seems so at ease living there. All in all, I feel that this is a well-run care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

Staff really care here. Last month I was taken to the theatre and had a great evening.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have live here since 2011 and I have been very happy here. I love every moment I spend here and and have been happy since the moment I came here.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for 16 months. During this time the support she has received has been of a professional and caring nature and her medical and care needs have been managed with understanding at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

As I cannot weight bear now I have to rely solely on the staff and they do a very good job of looking after all my needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

I can relax here and be myself, and the staff are there if I need them. I know I can rely on them if I have a problem. When my husband died, I was on my own, but if I wanted someone, they (staff) were there for me if needed. I feel I am very lucky to be here.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Likely

Have just moved dad here. All the staff are lovely, welcoming and helpful and seem very attentive to dads needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

My friend with whom I had shared a home for a number of years, was in residence at the above home. I never heard her complain, she never asked to return home and there were no tears when I left! This speaks for itself as she had always been very particular and outspoken! since her death I have visited regularly and have never been aware of anything untoward and have always been warmly welcomed. and enjoyed contact with the staff. For a short whiles some years ago, I was senior care assistant in another home and know something of the work involved in keeping the home smelling pleasant, but this has been achieved here.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Likely

Nightingale Lodge staff are always kind and helpful. Service and meals good and excellent relationship between helpers and residents. Food good.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mother was taken to care at Nightingale Lodge. The care she received was as she said the best she could have wished for.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

My friend is cared for very well. All her personal care is done for her and she is treated with respect and dignity. The staff are friendly and thoughtful.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

A really lovely care home with lots of happy faces all around. The home is clean, bright and tidy. The staff are all so obliging whenever we visit. The residents always seem so happy in their environment and its always lovely to pay a visit as we're always welcomed by the manageress and staff. There would be no hesitation in recommending this home to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Nightingale Lodge? Extremely Likely

This is a good, well run, care home. The decoration is bright and cheerful and cleanliness and maintenance is of a high standard. Meals are prepared on site and my Uncle particularly enjoys the cooked lunches. I feel confident that he is being well cared for in a safe environment. I always feel welcomed at any time when visiting and if I have any queries there has always been a senior staff member to speak to. All the staff that I have met have been friendly and courteous and are very caring towards the residents. Sandra, the manager, is a very "hands on" person who knows her staff and residents very well and I have great confidence in her management.

No Average Rating is available*

I love being here and get looked after very well.

No Average Rating is available*

Submit a Review for Nightingale Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Nightingale Lodge