Olive House

7/17 Olive Avenue, Newton Flotman, Norwich NR15 1PF

Olive House, Norwich, Norfolk

Olive House is a purpose-built accommodation, made up of en-suite bedrooms and fully equipped to achieve professional standards of residential care for older people.

Residents have access to attractive gardens and a choice of lounge and dining areas, while visitors are welcomed in a designated reception area. The home supports independence, being well-located for shops and other amenities and versatile to occupants who want to give their surroundings that personal feel.

Carers are available 24/7, take pride in a friendly attitude and are skilled in the lastest care methods, including in dementia care provision.

Group: Healthcare Homes Group Ltd

Person in charge: Lesley Eastoll (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £900

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

We are situated 5 miles south of Norwich on the A140 in the village of Newton Flotman. When entering Newton Flotman Olive House can be found on Olive Avenue.

There are no specific visiting times at Olive House. Visitors are welcome anytime and will be welcomed into the Home by highly experienced staff who will be happy to support any enquiry.

Off street parking is available within the grounds of Olive House.

Latest CQC* Report on Olive House: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Olive House is based on 20 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.518 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.629 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.889 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.518 for Olive House is based on 20 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.629 for Olive House is calculated as follows: ( (152 Excellents x 5) + (82 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 237 Ratings = 4.629

The Quantity Score of 4.889 for Olive House is calculated as follows:

My in laws settled in very quickly at Olive House. The cleanliness and professionalism were apparent from the first day. There have been a few issues with the food but that appears to be improving. The care staff, under senior carer, are excellent. They work hard and long hours. They have compassion for the resident and patience.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

Olive House is providing my mother with a very happy experience: the home is excellent, the staff are efficient, friendly, warm, caring, courteous. Whenever I visit I find my mother relaxed, smiling, well cared for, and I feel welcome in the home always.
All members of our family agree we have nothing but praise for Olive House.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

The care and service my parents receive at Olive House is wonderful. They have been here for two years now. The cleanliness is super also. There have been issues with food which are being addressed. The carers are thoughtful and hard working. The care assistant is very professional and also very friendly. She has a fantastic personality and always makes time for my parents. My parent's lives are richer with her as a carer.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

I visited my mother on a Sunday in May when lunch was served. A very good meal on a hot plate with a separate jug of gravy, followed by sponge and custard. As usual my mum and her bedroom were impeccably clean.
Very attentive staff and very good value for money.
I would recommend this home to anyone looking online.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

Ever since my mother-in-law moved into Olive House we have seen an improvement in her quality of life and well being. The staff are lovely, patient and fun. There are things going on all the time and mother-in-law is happier having company and we are happy she is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

In addition to all the positive aspects of Olive House, such as standard of care, wonderful staff and excellent management perhaps the most reassuring thing for me concerning my aunt's welfare is that I feel able to call it her home. it is a happy place. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

From first viewing to moving in everything has been made easy by the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

Since arriving at Olive House at the beginning of January our aunt has settled in so well. Following a period in hospital and an unsuccessful move home last year, she is relishing being cared for and enjoying a worry free life. We her family are so pleased. Her responses are given in the home questionnaire below so we know she is happy too. Thank you to everyone at Olive House who has contributed to this outcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Olive House for two months and she is settling in surprisingly well. She wrote a letter to a friend in Australia and I quote form it "Olive House is a new building and is very warm and comfortable. We have lovely meals and the staff are wonderfully kind". My mother is the sort of person who complains about everything, but I am quietly confident that she is struggling to come up with anything! Well done than you Olive House.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

I have lived at Olive House for the past four years. The staff are friendly and caring and are always willing to chat and laugh with me. I recently moved rooms which has given me a better view of the comings and goings! I feel that there should be more staff to cover the needs of all that live here. I do not attend the activities as I have my own interests, so I cannot comment.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

Grateful for how my late father and aunt were cared for by staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Likely

As a family our experience of Olive House is that the staff are some of the kindest, friendliest carers you could wish for to care for your loved ones. The level of care and respect given to me is of a high standard. Family are encouraged to visit at anytime of the day and are made to feel welcome. Activities at Olive House are one of the programmes that keep me stimulated and content. Olive House now promotes an environment for me to spend the next chapter of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident at Olive House for nearly 6 years (since May 2010). During this time there have been several changes to the home itself, management and staff. I have always thought that the caring staff have treated her as an individual and with great compassion and understanding, especially when she had health problems both physical and mental.

I have recently cared for my father at home for the last 18 months. He recently went downhill very quickly which was very upsetting, the staff at all levels at Olive House have been very supportive, friendly, kind and informative. My dad's needs have been met to the highest standard and because he is prone to falls he has an alarm mat to alert staff he is on the move. He has even used the dining room to eat with the staff's support as he would not normally do this and we also enjoyed some very uplifting entertainment one afternoon - very good indeed!
I don't have to worry about dad now and I am confident he is in a most supportive and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Olive House for two years. I have only praise for the staff running the home, they are wonderful!! Any small issues I have had relating to Mum have been dealt with extremely well and as a family of three sisters we only have good words to say about this home. One point I must stress - I would like to think that the care workers could be paid a much better rate of pay - they do a brilliant job, it would be tragic to lose good staff because of low wages.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

We recently placed my mother-in-law at Olive House, Newton Flotman. Having had some experience of other care homes, in the Norwich area, I have found Olive House to be the best home I have come across. Apart from the fact the home is well maintained, the staff are excellent, extremely friendly and approachable.

Given the home itself is now 16 years old, you wouldn't think it. It is clean, smells fresh and pleasant, not the stale smell I have experienced in other homes. Bathrooms are kept so clean, hard to believe they are used. I know they are though. The overall atmosphere is one of complete calm and given I pop in at all different times of day this doesn't change. I was also impressed by the activities laid on for the residents. There is something happening every day, both mornings and afternoons.

When I first went to view the home, the manager, commented that I seemed to be permanently smiling and I was. I had heard Olive House was nice, but couldn't get over how nice. It ticks all the boxes for me. I will have no hesitation in putting my own mother in here, if that time ever comes.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

My friend has been in Olive house from October 2013 and settled in straight away. She takes part in all the activities and is a good mixer, she is such a sociable person. Everything about Olive House is excellent. I would certainly recommend the home and do when asked.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

My friend has been at Olive House for 2 years now and is very happy. If she is happy then I am too! It is always a pleasure to visit her as the atmosphere is lovely and so too are the staff and other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely Likely

I can highly recommend Olive House to others, because of the high level of loving care which is shown to my mother. The overall impression is one of warmth and friendliness. There are various activities for the residents and the garden is nice to sit in. The dining room gives the appearance of a restaurant and is very inviting. It is wonderful to know that my mother is happy, safe and is in the best possible hands.

My mother spent the last three weeks of her life at Olive House. During that time she received excellent care and died peacefully with dignity. Staff were caring, compassionate and I could not fault any aspect of her care. When it was clear that her needs had increased staff acted to address the situation immediately. As a family we were able to visit Mum freely and spend as much time with her as we wanted. I have no hesitation in recommending Olive House.

Submit a Review for Olive House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Olive House

Night Care Assistant

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Norwich, Norfolk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Olive House