Olive House, Norwich, Norfolk

Olive House is a purpose-built accommodation, made up of en-suite bedrooms and fully equipped to achieve professional standards of residential care for older people.

Residents have access to attractive gardens and a choice of lounge and dining areas, while visitors are welcomed in a designated reception area. The home supports independence, being well-located for shops and other amenities and versatile to occupants who want to give their surroundings that personal feel.

Carers are available 24/7, take pride in a friendly attitude and are skilled in the lastest care methods, including in dementia care provision.

Group: Healthcare Homes Group Ltd

Person in charge: Emma Cooper (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £900

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Olive House: click here

posted 3 hours ago

Olive House currently has 2 purpose built stunning ground floor single en-suite rooms available. Our comfortable rooms are light and airy and have bright garden views. Olive house offers long and short term stays and the staff are happy to show any enquirers around the Home at any time.

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Olive House is based on 14 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.350 is made up of 4.699 Points relating to the ratings and 4.651 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother has been at Olive House for two months and she is settling in surprisingly well. She wrote a letter to a friend in Australia and I quote form it "Olive House is a new building and is very warm and comfortable. We have lovely meals and the staff are wonderfully kind". My mother is the sort of person who complains about everything, but I am quietly confident that she is struggling to come up with anything! Well done than you Olive House.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

I have lived at Olive House for the past four years. The staff are friendly and caring and are always willing to chat and laugh with me. I recently moved rooms which has given me a better view of the comings and goings! I feel that there should be more staff to cover the needs of all that live here. I do not attend the activities as I have my own interests, so I cannot comment.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

Grateful for how my late father and aunt were cared for by staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Likely

My mother has become a resident at Olive House, as at 97 she needs full time care. The manager at Olive House has been exceptionally welcoming and provided our family with all the information we need. My mother had settled into the home mainly because the caring staff have been warm, kindly and wonderfully helpful and efficient. The atmosphere in the home is calm and all requests are immediately and smoothly attended to.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

As a family our experience of Olive House is that the staff are some of the kindest, friendliest carers you could wish for to care for your loved ones. The level of care and respect given to me is of a high standard. Family are encouraged to visit at anytime of the day and are made to feel welcome. Activities at Olive House are one of the programmes that keep me stimulated and content. Olive House now promotes an environment for me to spend the next chapter of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been resident at Olive House for nearly 6 years (since May 2010). During this time there have been several changes to the home itself, management and staff. I have always thought that the caring staff have treated her as an individual and with great compassion and understanding, especially when she had health problems both physical and mental.

I have recently cared for my father at home for the last 18 months. He recently went downhill very quickly which was very upsetting, the staff at all levels at Olive House have been very supportive, friendly, kind and informative. My dad's needs have been met to the highest standard and because he is prone to falls he has an alarm mat to alert staff he is on the move. He has even used the dining room to eat with the staff's support as he would not normally do this and we also enjoyed some very uplifting entertainment one afternoon - very good indeed!
I don't have to worry about dad now and I am confident he is in a most supportive and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been at Olive House for two years. I have only praise for the staff running the home, they are wonderful!! Any small issues I have had relating to Mum have been dealt with extremely well and as a family of three sisters we only have good words to say about this home. One point I must stress - I would like to think that the care workers could be paid a much better rate of pay - they do a brilliant job, it would be tragic to lose good staff because of low wages.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

We recently placed my mother-in-law at Olive House, Newton Flotman. Having had some experience of other care homes, in the Norwich area, I have found Olive House to be the best home I have come across. Apart from the fact the home is well maintained, the staff are excellent, extremely friendly and approachable.

Given the home itself is now 16 years old, you wouldn't think it. It is clean, smells fresh and pleasant, not the stale smell I have experienced in other homes. Bathrooms are kept so clean, hard to believe they are used. I know they are though. The overall atmosphere is one of complete calm and given I pop in at all different times of day this doesn't change. I was also impressed by the activities laid on for the residents. There is something happening every day, both mornings and afternoons.

When I first went to view the home, the manager, commented that I seemed to be permanently smiling and I was. I had heard Olive House was nice, but couldn't get over how nice. It ticks all the boxes for me. I will have no hesitation in putting my own mother in here, if that time ever comes.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

My friend has been in Olive house from October 2013 and settled in straight away. She takes part in all the activities and is a good mixer, she is such a sociable person. Everything about Olive House is excellent. I would certainly recommend the home and do when asked.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

My friend has been at Olive House for 2 years now and is very happy. If she is happy then I am too! It is always a pleasure to visit her as the atmosphere is lovely and so too are the staff and other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Olive House? Extremely LIKELY

I can highly recommend Olive House to others, because of the high level of loving care which is shown to my mother. The overall impression is one of warmth and friendliness. There are various activities for the residents and the garden is nice to sit in. The dining room gives the appearance of a restaurant and is very inviting. It is wonderful to know that my mother is happy, safe and is in the best possible hands.

The home is very clean. The staff work hard and show a good level of care and respect to the residents. The food is generally good. The activities are now much more varied.

My mother spent the last three weeks of her life at Olive House. During that time she received excellent care and died peacefully with dignity. Staff were caring, compassionate and I could not fault any aspect of her care. When it was clear that her needs had increased staff acted to address the situation immediately. As a family we were able to visit Mum freely and spend as much time with her as we wanted. I have no hesitation in recommending Olive House.

Submit a Review for Olive House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Olive House

Kitchen Assistant/Supper Cook

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)
Norwich, Norfolk

Care Assistant

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Norwich, Norfolk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Olive House