Dorrington House (Wells), Wells-next-the-sea, Norfolk
Dorrington House (Wells)
Dorrington House (Wells)

Dorrington House Wells is one of three facilities owned by the care provider that specialise in modern care methods for older people and older people with dementia.

The home is registered with the Care Quality Commission and seeks to adhere to the highest standards of health, safety and hygiene, as well as encouraging independent choice and lifestyles amongst its residents.

Wells Home is in walking distance of local amenities, whilst offering large garden areas for residents to relax in, and good parking for visitors.

Group: Dorrington House

Person in charge: Corina Petrean (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 38 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £382 – £570

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Dorrington House (Wells): click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Dorrington House (Wells)

(large single en-suite rooms, two more with own lounge area)
posted 04 Mar 2015

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Dorrington House (Wells)

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.2 for Dorrington House (Wells)) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Dorrington House (Wells)

Right from the first evening we were impressed by the staff, although it was 6.30pm, the manager was there to meet us; mum was taken to her room and settled in very gently and courteously. The ethos of dignity and respect is not just talked about here it really happens and in every part of the team from the manager and admin, the care staff and the domestic staff too. I visited mum most days so had ample opportunity to see the staff and organisation working, and frequently was able to overhear staff talking to residents and each other. On every occasion, whether they knew I was listening or not, staff were respectful, patient, polite and caring in how they spoke and in what they said. There is lots of laughter too and a wonderful programme of activities. My brothers live away and often we received photographs of Mum taking part in lots of activity including the keep fit and art classes. Mum had Alzheimer’s and Dorrington specialises in care for those with this awful disease. The disease sometimes causes very challenging behaviour, but even that did not seem to faze this team. I had not wanted to admit mum to care, I had hoped to continue to care for her myself but it got to the stage where I could not do this alone, I did not believe that anyone else would care for her as I would. I need not have worried, as well as being highly professional the staff treated her with real care and dignity Wells is not very convenient to where we live so when we had to put mum into care, we planned to find somewhere closer. However after just a couple of weeks we decided not to move mum as we could not imagine finding anywhere better. This is a very professional, skilled and dedicated team and the whole family wish me to express our thanks and admiration for the care they provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Dorrington House (Wells)? Extremely likely

Submitted by Anne Jackson (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Saturday 17 January 2015. Review relates to December 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Dorrington House (Wells)

There are no jobs posted yet for Dorrington House (Wells)

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dorrington House (Wells)