Brierfield, Felixstowe, Suffolk

Brierfield is set in the peaceful and historic village of Trimley St Mary in Felixstowe. The home is run by an experienced team who have remained at the home for many years. Brierfield treats every resident as if they were family and the home always keeps residents' privacy and dignity intact. The home has an excellent local reputation and is much loved by residents and the families. These great comments can be read on their latest inspection report. The home had a grand extension open in August 2010 and had its existing building refurbished to a very high standard. Carers focused on making the home as user friendly as possible with lots of innovative ideas to help residents find their way around. Brierfield is now the Number 1 most recommended home in the whole of Suffolk! It is also number 1 in Felixstowe. The home was a finalist in the 2012 and 2013 Care Team of the Year Award by the Great British Care Awards. Brierfield was also a finalist in the Stars of Suffolk 2012.

Group: J & S Health Care Ltd

Person in charge: Michelle Lewis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 26 residents

Admission Information: Care Home for Elderly with Dementia. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £750 – £850

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Brierfield: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Brierfield) is based on 19 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Brierfield

So pleased my husband is now in Briarfield - only 10 months walk from home. Can visit regularly. Care of my husband is excellent.

Wonderful.

Brierfield

My mother has dementia and she has settled in well at Brierfield. I feel she is well looked after.

Brierfield

My mother has been here for 3 weeks and she has settled really well. I am so pleased with the care she is getting, also how they have time for them. Mother only took a few days to settle. She looks happy, clean and she is just so good. Bless them all at the home for what they are doing, they are so kind.

Brierfield

I am very pleased with the care my husband is receiving here. He is happy and contented which makes it nice for me knowing he is in excellent hands, especially as I have to help family. I have seen the staff who have a very caring approach to all the patients in their care.

Brierfield

The staff at Brierfield are caring and understanding, always willing to answer any questions or concerns I or my family have. The transition of my husband going into a care home has been very difficult for my family and myself. But having the support and guidance of the staff we have been able to come to terms with this. Knowing my husband is being cared for properly and with dignity.

Brierfield

I am very happy with the care and the attention to detail that the staff give to my mother in law. They are on the top of any decline in health and treat her with great understanding and compassion. She has become very frail with progressive dementia which is very distressing for the family but feel she is in the best place she could be.

Brierfield

I think Brierfield is an amazing home. I can honestly say since my nan has been here I can go home knowing she is well looked after and happy, she has been in other homes and they can not compare to the high standard of care she receives here. I always feel welcome here and know if I have any concerns I can voice them and they will be dealt with, the staff are very friendly and easy to talk to about anything, my nan always looks and smells lovely. 10 out of 10.

Brierfield

I am really happy with the care my mum receives. Most of the staff have taken the time to really get to know my mum (likes/dislikes etc). We are always made to feel welcome when we visit her. Michelle (the manager) is always available to take. Its always clean and the meals very well cooked. My mum always looks clean and well dressed when we see her.

Brierfield

Brierfield caters for all Winifred's needs. The staff are always cheerful and friendly and caring, and from my observations when visiting she is treated with dignity and respect.

Brierfield

My mum in law is always clean and looks well. The staff are always there if she needs attending.

Brierfield

I feel my mum is in a very good care home. It has a very homely feel and the staff are very caring and polite. I feel I don't have to worry about my mum's well-being while she is living here and she is always clean and well dressed. Overall I am very satisfied with my mother's care.

Brierfield

Since mum has been here she has been happier, her appearance is always good, and she is clean. We are happy with the care she gets.

Brierfield

Before my mother became a resident of Brierfield my stepfather and I were finding it harder and harder to cope with the illness she has. Initially she was very stressed by the move, but after a few weeks she had calmed down and is now settled in her new home which is due to the care she received from the excellent staff. We are happy she is here.

Brierfield

The home has allowed Emily's family a better quality of life while still giving everyone peace of mind while she is cared for by a professional, friendly and caring staff.

Brierfield

I think Brierfield is a very caring and clean home. The staff are very thoughtful and kind. Its not just a job, the residents are all treated as individuals for their own specific needs and care and get involved in a variety of activities. They are kept clean and well fed and the home doesn't smell. My mother was here for her last 18 months of life and was very happy we were as her family.

Brierfield

Staff are always helpful and supportive - care for my mother was very good.

Brierfield

My mother has been here for 4 months and all the family are extremely happy with the care she receives. All the staff are loving and caring and very approachable. It is a very stimulating environment and my mother's condition has greatly improved since being here. She has settled very well and seems very happy living here.

Brierfield

My mother was resident here for 7 years until she passed away aged 80. We had a look and tried several homes before she settled here. It is by far the nicest place out of the ones we sampled. Could not have wished for a better place for her last years. Please give it a look!

Submit a Review for Brierfield

September 2012

Finalist in Care Team of Year

Recipient: Brierfield

Date: Thursday 20 Sep 2012

There are no jobs posted yet for Brierfield

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brierfield