Brierfield, Trimley, Felixstowe, Suffolk
Brierfield
Brierfield

Brierfield is set in the peaceful and historic village of Trimley St Mary in Felixstowe. The home is run by an experienced team who have remained at the home for many years. Brierfield treats every resident as if they were family and the home always keeps residents' privacy and dignity intact. The home has an excellent local reputation and is much loved by residents and the families. These great comments can be read on their latest inspection report. The home had a grand extension open in August 2010 and had its existing building refurbished to a very high standard. Carers focused on making the home as user friendly as possible with lots of innovative ideas to help residents find their way around. Brierfield is now the Number 1 most recommended home in the whole of Suffolk! It is also number 1 in Felixstowe. The home was a finalist in the 2012 and 2013 Care Team of the Year Award by the Great British Care Awards. Brierfield was also a finalist in the Stars of Suffolk 2012.

Group: Sohal Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Michelle Lewis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 26 residents

Admission Information: Care Home for Elderly with Dementia. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £700 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £600 – £700

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Brierfield: click here

Date: Thursday 24 Oct 2013

September 2012

Finalist in Care Team of Year

Date: Thursday 20 Sep 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Brierfield) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Brierfield on Wednesday 9 July 2014 by Margaret G (Wife of Resident)

The staff at Brierfield are caring and understanding, always willing to answer any questions or concerns I or my family have. The transition of my husband going into a care home has been very difficult for my family and myself. But having the support and guidance of the staff we have been able to come to terms with this. Knowing my husband is being cared for properly and with dignity.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 27 March 2014 by Judith M (Daughter in Law of Resident)

I am very happy with the care and the attention to detail that the staff give to my mother in law. They are on the top of any decline in health and treat her with great understanding and compassion. She has become very frail with progressive dementia which is very distressing for the family but feel she is in the best place she could be.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 17 October 2013 by Romaine Anderson (Granddaughter of resident)

I think Brierfield is an amazing home. I can honestly say since my nan has been here I can go home knowing she is well looked after and happy, she has been in other homes and they can not compare to the high standard of care she receives here. I always feel welcome here and know if I have any concerns I can voice them and they will be dealt with, the staff are very friendly and easy to talk to about anything, my nan always looks and smells lovely. 10 out of 10.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 17 October 2013 by Amanda Moore (Daughter of resident)

I am really happy with the care my mum receives. Most of the staff have taken the time to really get to know my mum (likes/dislikes etc). We are always made to feel welcome when we visit her. Michelle (the manager) is always available to take. Its always clean and the meals very well cooked. My mum always looks clean and well dressed when we see her.

Review of Brierfield on Monday 14 October 2013 by Shelia W (Friend of resident (POA))

Brierfield caters for all Winifred's needs. The staff are always cheerful and friendly and caring, and from my observations when visiting she is treated with dignity and respect.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 10 October 2013 by Glynis d (Daughter-in-law of resident)

My mum in law is always clean and looks well. The staff are always there if she needs attending.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 10 October 2013 by Juliette Gibson (Daughter of resident)

I feel my mum is in a very good care home. It has a very homely feel and the staff are very caring and polite. I feel I don't have to worry about my mum's well-being while she is living here and she is always clean and well dressed. Overall I am very satisfied with my mother's care.

Review of Brierfield on Wednesday 9 October 2013 by John d (Son of resident)

Since mum has been here she has been happier, her appearance is always good, and she is clean. We are happy with the care she gets.

Review of Brierfield on Tuesday 8 October 2013 by Rosalind R (Daughter of Resident)

Before my mother became a resident of Brierfield my stepfather and I were finding it harder and harder to cope with the illness she has. Initially she was very stressed by the move, but after a few weeks she had calmed down and is now settled in her new home which is due to the care she received from the excellent staff. We are happy she is here.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 12 September 2013 by Sue D (Friend of resident)

The home has allowed Emily's family a better quality of life while still giving everyone peace of mind while she is cared for by a professional, friendly and caring staff.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 12 September 2013 by Alison Denton (Friend of resident)

I think Brierfield is a very caring and clean home. The staff are very thoughtful and kind. Its not just a job, the residents are all treated as individuals for their own specific needs and care and get involved in a variety of activities. They are kept clean and well fed and the home doesn't smell. My mother was here for her last 18 months of life and was very happy we were as her family.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 5 September 2013 by Brenda F (Daughter of resident)

Staff are always helpful and supportive - care for my mother was very good.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 5 September 2013 by Christine S (Daughter of resident)

My mother has been here for 4 months and all the family are extremely happy with the care she receives. All the staff are loving and caring and very approachable. It is a very stimulating environment and my mother's condition has greatly improved since being here. She has settled very well and seems very happy living here.

Review of Brierfield on Thursday 5 September 2013 by Michael Lowe (Son of resident)

My mother was resident here for 7 years until she passed away aged 80. We had a look and tried several homes before she settled here. It is by far the nicest place out of the ones we sampled. Could not have wished for a better place for her last years. Please give it a look!

Review of Brierfield on Wednesday 17 April 2013 by Raymond Wright (Husband)

Brierfield home was recommended to me by several people, I asked if I could look round the home also the room that my wife was to occupy, I was very impressed by the greeting I received, also the tour of the home. I then took my wife along and in less than a week I noticed a great improvement and she continues to improve, as time goes by the comments by all her visitors i.e family and friends is extremely favourable by everyone she sees. I have no hesitation in recommending the home to everyone, in fact I give the home and staff 10 out of 10.

Review of Brierfield on Monday 11 March 2013 by Malcolm (Son of resident)

My mother received excellent care from the staff at Brierfield while she was alive, particularly her main carer who looked after her superbly. We were always pleased with the room allocated to Mum - it was a pleasure to see her there surrounded by her memories - and the home itself has a friendly, homely atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble for the residents.

Submit a Recommendation for Brierfield

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Brierfield and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Brierfield

Care Home Idol 2013