Harleston House, Lowestoft, Suffolk

Harleston House is owned and operated by Greensleeves Homes Trust, a ‘not for profit’ charitable organisation providing care and accommodation for older people.

The aim is to offer high quality care, in a safe and friendly environment, which respects residents’ rights, dignity and privacy, and provides the maximum opportunity to exercise personal autonomy and choice. Located in Lowestoft, Suffolk, Harleston House provides residential dementia care to older ladies and gentlemen. Full of historic character, the original house has been refurbished and extended to provide a specialist dementia care setting. On duty 24 hours a day, a dedicated multi-disciplined team, provide high quality care to meet individual resident’s requirements. As part of the home’s commitment to best practice, all staff receive ongoing training in all aspects of care.

All bedrooms are light and spacious with en-suite facilities. The bedrooms are stylishly furnished and residents are encouraged to bring in personal items such as pictures, ornaments and small items of furniture. Residents enjoy the many safe and secure internal and external spaces, each specially adapted to provide accessibility and stimulation. A regular programme of activities is organised with fun and engaging pursuits provided daily and frequent trips out to local places of interest.

The home's chefs recognise that residents have differing tastes and pleasures, and cater for each and every one as an individual. All food is freshly prepared to ensure dining is a real occasion, residents regularly update the menu with requests and ideas. A choice of delicious meals is always available with all special dietary requirements catered for.

Group: Greensleeves Homes Trust

Person in charge: Susan Graham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 39 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Harleston House: click here

There are currently no reviews for Harleston House

Submit a Review for Harleston House

• All reviews are moderated before publication and the care provider may opt for the comment and ratings of a review not to be displayed (the ratings of the Review will still count towards the overall Review Score).

March 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Harleston House

Susan Graham

Job Title: Manager

Hello, I’m Susan Graham I am the manager of Harleston House. I pride myself on leading a care team providing a very high quality of care for residents. My team and I encourage residents to maintain the lifestyles they are used to whilst maintaining a safe environment for them to live. My personal philosophy here is 'I don’t come here to work, I come and live around the residents offering them companionship, support and encouragement in all aspects of their lives.'
I involve residents as much as they wish in making decisions in all areas of their home. My passion, drive and commitment to Harleston is well supported by all my team, residents and relatives involved with Harleston House. My door is always open and myself, deputy and team always have time to listen

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Harleston House