Gables Residential Care Home, Hanham Green, Bristol, South Gloucestershire
Gables Residential Care Home
Gables Residential Care Home

Tel: 0117 914 0799/07857 163550

The Gables Residential Care Home is a twenty-bedroom, homely accommodation located in the Hanham area of Bristol, from where a team of skilled and professional carers offer personalised care support.

The service has been set up to encourage an independent lifestyle amongst elderly people with care needs, while ensuring that carers are available throughout the day and night and that healthcare and medication is efficiently administered.

Private gardens are popular with residents, including those with mobility issues, and the home's interior has been extensively refurbished to be spacious and appropriate to people's daily needs.

Owner: David Cooke

Person in charge: Ann Aubrey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Gloucestershire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 20 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £525 – £675

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Gables Residential Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Gables Residential Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gables Residential Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Gables Residential Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Thursday 10 July 2014 by Elizabeth W (Respite Resident)

Nothing was too much trouble at this home. The staff were exceptional showing love and consideration. They applied themselves to whatever was required of them. Visitors were made most welcome. The food was all home cooked, the rooms were always very clean.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Tuesday 23 April 2013 by Hilary D (Daughter-in-law to resident)

It's listed as a care home but feels like one big Family Home which was what my Mother-in-law needed. Nothing is too much trouble to the staff and the home cooked food is first class. We can go home with peace of mind knowing that she is being well cared for.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Friday 15 March 2013 by Rob A (Son of resident)

Excellent welcome from first unannounced visit to the present day. Family feel as there are several families involved in running the home. Brilliant care from looking after personal needs to celebrating birthdays and important life events. The staff are always on hand and friendly, they know my name as well as my father. Able to care for both parents up to my mothers death.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Thursday 14 March 2013 by Sue M (Daughter of resident)

My Mum moved to The Gables when the home she was in was closed. She is 96 years old and every aspect of the care she receives at The Gables is exceptional. I live about 300 miles away from The Gables but always know my Mum is very well looked after. Communication is exceptional - if my Mum is poorly we speak on at least a daily basis. All staff are very friendly and caring. The manager is excellent and very approachable. The home is very homely and the food is good home cooking and nutritious.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Monday 4 March 2013 by Tia J (Daughter of resident)

My parents took up residence at The Gables in January 2012. I instantly knew it was the best possible place to meet their care needs. It is modern, pristine and very welcoming. The staff are fantastic in the degree of care and friendship shown. They were wonderfully supportive when my mother died in August and have shown real love and compassion to my Dad through his grief. They have become like family. The food, I am told, is superb, as are the planned activities. Every resident is valued. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Friday 15 February 2013 by Dolly Raines (Friend of resident)

I see my friend every month. This is a wonderful place. Staff are so friendly and helpful always offer you a cup of tea and a cake. The manger always has a smile for you. The home is so welcoming. I have asked my family to send me here when my time comes and I need help.

Review of Gables Residential Care Home on Monday 11 February 2013 by Alfred A (Resident)

I did not wish to end my life in a care home but circumstances made it unavoidable and my children checked out this one which was the nearest to our home, about 1/4 mile. I could not be in a better place. Never a trace of unpleasant smells unlike many other homes which I have visited.

Submit a Recommendation for Gables Residential Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Gables Residential Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Gables Residential Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gables Residential Care Home