Group: Sharob Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Mandy Trask (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 28 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Pre-admission assessment.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Caprera: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Caprera) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Caprera

My mother has been resident for 2 years. She has dementia but is happy here, and very well cared for. She also has a lovely bright room. Staff are excellent and treat all residents with friendliness and respect, also taking a personal interest in them. There is a relaxed atmosphere in the lovely bright sunroom. No one is ever left in a wheelchair or in their room for convenience. Every effort is made.

Caprera

Mum was one of the first residents when Caprera reopened in 2011 and she is still there today. Mum was really poorly back then and I was basically told that she didn't have long which was very distressing. The social workers wanted to move her to a nursing home as Caprera was only residential then but I didn't want this as I could see the love and care they gave mum. The Manager was very supportive and helped me fight the move which I feared would kill mum and thankfully after a long battle, mum was allowed to remain at Caprera. I truly believe mum has kept fighting so long due the exceptional love and attention she receives at Caprera. Mums care was supposed to be funded by the council but it took nearly 2 years before Caprera received any payment and so I cannot thank the owner enough for being so patient and not asking us to move mum. I am eternally grateful to all staff and the management of Caprera who have become like a second family.

Caprera

I would strongly recommend Caprera Residential Home to everyone. My Mother has lived there since May 2014. I was very upset at the thought that I could no longer look after her but can truthfully say that all my reservations were completely unjustified. The staff, from the Matron (who is absolutely dedicated and first class at her job) to the carers, caterers and cleaners are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. The care my Mother has received has been exceptional and I couldn't wish for more. The food is consistently very good and if the chef notices that someone likes a particular dish, for example, fruit with cereal, then they make sure it is provided. I have been very impressed with the cleanliness throughout which cannot be easy to maintain and every little problem seems to be noticed and rectified quickly, either by cleaners or maintenance staff. They also seem to manage to get some interesting entertainers which is a huge bonus for the residents. I find the safety and security measures in place are quite extensive and I do know that they work successfully, including the night staff, and which I have had personal knowledge of their care and assistance. It is very reassuring to know that ones loved ones are cared for with such consideration not only for their health but also for their dignity.

Caprera

I am very pleased about the way dad has been encouraged to settle over the last year at Capera and the care and attention he receives. The staff work very hard and I have seen the care, patience and dignity shown, not only to my father but to other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Caprera? Don't know

Caprera

My mother has been in Caprera for over 6 months and has settled in well. The staff are caring and considerate towards her needs. She tells us that the food is lovely. She is well looked after and always looks tidy and cared for. Her room is of reasonable size with en-suite bathroom with some of her own belongings in to make it more homely. The sitting rooms are large and comfortable. The residents were all given a very full stocking and card for Christmas.

Caprera

I picked this home after the usual search on CQC website. My oh so important, first impressions were good from the readiness of all the staff to give up their time. The residents were clearly animated and sitting in comfort contentedly. All the areas were obviously clean day rooms, bedrooms and toilets. The carers and medical staff are very caring, confident and redistic. 4 months in my mother is settled and I am very happy with our choice.

Caprera

My mother moved into Caprera a month or so ago, the staff couldnt of been any more attentive and supportive not only to my mother but the family aswell. The service they provide is person centered, interactive, stimulating and so well organised. The staff are always busy meeting the needs of the residents, the exellent care they provide is on an individual basis, they seem to effortlessly taylor the needs and requests of each resisdent without any hesitation. They also show great repect in regards to the residents privacy and dignity. I have spent many hours visiting my mother and have witnessed this for myself. You are always met with a warm welcome and and informed chat as to how my mother is and what she has been doing. I find the staff a happy team who are always ready with a smile and a chat. The home is ornate and quite grand in apperance, my mothers room is of modern decor which is always spotless as is the rest of the home. The home has a light and airy feel yet cosy and always warm. Thanks to Caprera we now have a happy very well cared for mum.

Caprera

My mother was moved here as a terminally ill resident. I cannot praise the staff highly enough. They were happy to speak to me and allowed me to visit prior to her moving there. There were no restrictions on which parts of the home I could visit, they let me wander as I pleased in the public areas including in the kitchens. The staff were attentive, compassionate and catered for her every need. I could visit any time and they even had a spare room for relatives to stay if they needed to. I met many of the staff and they were all equally helpful and kind. Even my Mother said she couldn't have been anywhere better and she was quite discerning! It is not the most modern and plush of care homes but it was clean, welcoming and always warm. My mother was very comfortable there and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

Caprera

The past 15 months have changed my view of care homes for the better. I visit my mother on a daily basis and I am delighted at the way my mother is cared for. Nurses, carers, office staff all a pleasure to speak to. Kindly professional, caring people who do a difficult job and yet are ready to share a joke with residents and visitors alike. I would have no hesitation in recommending Caprera.

Caprera

We found the home to be very clean and homely. My wife refused to go into the home at first but after a few weeks she settled in and we knew we had made the right decision. The staff were very friendly and helpful and my wife began to look like the old her again, dressing up and wearing jewellery and makeup. We were always invited to events and my wife really enjoyed the activities especially when they had theater productions come in and musicians as she loved anything musical. We would highly recommend Caprera.

Caprera

The home is clean the majority of the staff are kind and helpful - our concerns, which have not been many, have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I have to say my mother has been well looked after and her condition somewhat improved.

Submit a Recommendation for Caprera

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Caprera

There are no jobs posted yet for Caprera

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Caprera