Group: Sharob Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Mandy Trask (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 28 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Pre-admission assessment.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Caprera: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Caprera

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Caprera

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Caprera) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Caprera on Wednesday 4 June 2014 by Nancy Williams (Daughter of resident.)

My mother moved into Caprera a month or so ago, the staff couldnt of been any more attentive and supportive not only to my mother but the family aswell. The service they provide is person centered, interactive, stimulating and so well organised. The staff are always busy meeting the needs of the residents, the exellent care they provide is on an individual basis, they seem to effortlessly taylor the needs and requests of each resisdent without any hesitation. They also show great repect in regards to the residents privacy and dignity. I have spent many hours visiting my mother and have witnessed this for myself. You are always met with a warm welcome and and informed chat as to how my mother is and what she has been doing. I find the staff a happy team who are always ready with a smile and a chat. The home is ornate and quite grand in apperance, my mothers room is of modern decor which is always spotless as is the rest of the home. The home has a light and airy feel yet cosy and always warm. Thanks to Caprera we now have a happy very well cared for mum.

Review of Caprera on Tuesday 29 April 2014 by Sue Moran (Daughter of past resident)

My mother was moved here as a terminally ill resident. I cannot praise the staff highly enough. They were happy to speak to me and allowed me to visit prior to her moving there. There were no restrictions on which parts of the home I could visit, they let me wander as I pleased in the public areas including in the kitchens. The staff were attentive, compassionate and catered for her every need. I could visit any time and they even had a spare room for relatives to stay if they needed to. I met many of the staff and they were all equally helpful and kind. Even my Mother said she couldn't have been anywhere better and she was quite discerning! It is not the most modern and plush of care homes but it was clean, welcoming and always warm. My mother was very comfortable there and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

Review of Caprera on Tuesday 27 August 2013 by Robert W (Son of resident)

The past 15 months have changed my view of care homes for the better. I visit my mother on a daily basis and I am delighted at the way my mother is cared for. Nurses, carers, office staff all a pleasure to speak to. Kindly professional, caring people who do a difficult job and yet are ready to share a joke with residents and visitors alike. I would have no hesitation in recommending Caprera.

Review of Caprera on Tuesday 27 August 2013 by clifford (former resident's husband)

We found the home to be very clean and homely. My wife refused to go into the home at first but after a few weeks she settled in and we knew we had made the right decision. The staff were very friendly and helpful and my wife began to look like the old her again, dressing up and wearing jewellery and makeup. We were always invited to events and my wife really enjoyed the activities especially when they had theater productions come in and musicians as she loved anything musical. We would highly recommend Caprera.

Review of Caprera on Wednesday 21 August 2013 by Peter G (Son of resident)

The home is clean the majority of the staff are kind and helpful - our concerns, which have not been many, have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I have to say my mother has been well looked after and her condition somewhat improved.

Submit a Recommendation for Caprera

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Caprera and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Caprera

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Caprera

Other Care Homes located nearby to Caprera

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page