Group: Mr & Mrs J R Anson

Person in charge: Alice Allsworth (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 18 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: No Emergency Admissions.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £365 – £820

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Harbour House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Harbour House

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Harbour House

Recommendation Score: 8 (7.964)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 8 for Harbour House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Harbour House on Monday 28 October 2013 by Arthur David Pascoe (Resident's brother)

Harbour House Portreath's location is No. 1, Beach and shops just a short walk. My sister's 10 years there have been superb, in all aspects (I also know of their other 'homes') all have very good recommendations. They employ local, friendly, kindly professional staff and workers and my sister, for 9 years, paid all fees (sold house to buy into another home). She is proud and finds it correct to have done that ... I can think what info I could provide for the above, except I am ex police, ex school master and have been awarded an MBE for services to charity.

Review of Harbour House on Tuesday 2 July 2013 by Deborah Marsh (Daughter of resident)

I can only give high praise to how the staff and manager run the care home. My lovely Mum has Alzhiemers / dementia and has been in Harbour House since November 2012. The management and staff do everything possible to please and help the residents and family, they are always there if any questions are to be answered, whether on the premises or by telephone. The food is excellent, choices given, there rooms are always kept to a high standard. The residents have outings once a month, activities most days, entertainment every week. Nothing is too much trouble, I found it so difficult to make the decision having Mum living with me for 20 years! where I cared for her, but it came to the point where I couldn't give her the 24 hr care she needed, but Harbour House can and does. All the carers are special there and give 100% to each resident. I personally highly recommend Harbour House and would like others to know.

Submit a Recommendation for Harbour House

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Harbour House and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Harbour House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Harbour House

Other Care Homes located nearby to Harbour House

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page