Group: Langton Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jan Southey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 24 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £650

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Croft Lodge: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Croft Lodge

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Croft Lodge

The user 'Recommendation Score' (7.9 for Croft Lodge) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Croft Lodge on Saturday 7 June 2014 by Cassandra Pirelli (Child of resident)

I was what is probably a typical first time user of a care home - I had a pretty low view of what a care home was: smelly, dank, and where unloved people go to die. I didn't want someone I loved going into one. But well into her 90's, and with the onset of Alzheimer's, incontinence, and several falls leaving her close to immobile her quality of life at home was depreciating fast. Her own home simply couldn't offer her the care she needed. I visited a lot of places, unannounced and with a hundred questions. I looked at the residents, I smelt the place. I was looking for somewhere where the residents hadn't given up, where nobody was dribbling and ignored. I left a lot of places feeling like my heart might break. Then I found Croft Lodge. Jan the manager is a strong lady, she has high standards, knows her stuff, and never accepts second best. She clearly takes time to choose her staff, as they all are innately caring and patient. Once my godmother went in (on a temporary basis) she didn't want to leave. I visit her daily, again unannounced, and I've never seen or heard anything that makes me feel concerned. The place is homely, clean, fresh smelling, and happy. I like visiting, and I leave feeling at ease. The food is tasty, the kitchen is open 24/7, and each resident's nutrition is closely monitored. If my godmother ever gets ill, even just a niggle, the staff notice it and call a very good local doctor. There are activities, a bright dining room, and wifi in the rooms. Residents can even bring there pets to live with them. I personally think Croft Lodge is the best care home I have ever seen. I wouldn't let my godmother stay anywhere less than top notch. It's pricey, but they all are and for the peace of mind each night that she is happy and well looked after it is completely worth it. I would recommend Croft Lodge to everyone, and frequently do.

Submit a Recommendation for Croft Lodge

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Croft Lodge and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Croft Lodge

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Croft Lodge

Other Care Homes located nearby to Croft Lodge

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page