Group: Langton Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jan Southey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 24 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £650

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Croft Lodge: click here

The user Review Score of 7.9 for Croft Lodge is based on 1 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 7.850 is made up of 4.667 Points relating to the ratings and 3.183 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• Before 1st July 2015 only accepted Recommendations (positive comments only) and the Ratings were limited to Excellent, Good & Satisfactory. These are marked up as Recommendations.

• As of 1st July 2015 changed from Recommendations to Reviews (positive and negative comments) and added the Ratings Poor and Very Poor. These are marked up as Reviews. Between 1st July and 31st December 2015, we are still processing a number of Recommendations from Recommendation cards sent out before 1st July (These are marked up as Recommendations).

• We only accept/publish Reviews that are submitted by a Resident/Service User or their Friends/Family (cannot be submitted anonymously) and comply with our Content Standards (eg are relevant, informative, civil and do not contain allegations of abuse, negligence or criminal activity). All reviews are moderated before publication and as a last resort the care provider may opt for the comment and ratings of a review not to be displayed if they believe it to be unfair (the ratings of the Review will still count towards the overall Review Score).

I was what is probably a typical first time user of a care home - I had a pretty low view of what a care home was: smelly, dank, and where unloved people go to die. I didn't want someone I loved going into one. But well into her 90's, and with the onset of Alzheimer's, incontinence, and several falls leaving her close to immobile her quality of life at home was depreciating fast. Her own home simply couldn't offer her the care she needed. I visited a lot of places, unannounced and with a hundred questions. I looked at the residents, I smelt the place. I was looking for somewhere where the residents hadn't given up, where nobody was dribbling and ignored. I left a lot of places feeling like my heart might break. Then I found Croft Lodge. Jan the manager is a strong lady, she has high standards, knows her stuff, and never accepts second best. She clearly takes time to choose her staff, as they all are innately caring and patient. Once my godmother went in (on a temporary basis) she didn't want to leave. I visit her daily, again unannounced, and I've never seen or heard anything that makes me feel concerned. The place is homely, clean, fresh smelling, and happy. I like visiting, and I leave feeling at ease.

The food is tasty, the kitchen is open 24/7, and each resident's nutrition is closely monitored. If my godmother ever gets ill, even just a niggle, the staff notice it and call a very good local doctor. There are activities, a bright dining room, and wifi in the rooms. Residents can even bring there pets to live with them.

I personally think Croft Lodge is the best care home I have ever seen. I wouldn't let my godmother stay anywhere less than top notch. It's pricey, but they all are and for the peace of mind each night that she is happy and well looked after it is completely worth it. I would recommend Croft Lodge to everyone, and frequently do.

Submit a Review for Croft Lodge

• Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously through, we require the name and telephone/email of the reviewer and the option to share these with the care provider, so that we can properly authenticate reviews.

• All reviews are moderated before publication and the care provider may opt for the comment and ratings of a review not to be displayed (the ratings of the Review will still count towards the overall Review Score).

ASSISTANCE – If no assistance is being provided to a resident/service user to complete the review, please ignore the fields Assistant Name and Assistant Connection. If a relative or staff member is assisting, please can they provide their name (not published) and connection.

I certify this is my genuine opinion and in submitting it I agree to the terms and conditions on

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Croft Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Croft Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Croft Lodge