Group: Langton Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jan Southey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 24 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £650

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Croft Lodge: click here

The user 'Review Score' (7.9 for Croft Lodge) is based on 1 review. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Croft Lodge

I was what is probably a typical first time user of a care home - I had a pretty low view of what a care home was: smelly, dank, and where unloved people go to die. I didn't want someone I loved going into one. But well into her 90's, and with the onset of Alzheimer's, incontinence, and several falls leaving her close to immobile her quality of life at home was depreciating fast. Her own home simply couldn't offer her the care she needed. I visited a lot of places, unannounced and with a hundred questions. I looked at the residents, I smelt the place. I was looking for somewhere where the residents hadn't given up, where nobody was dribbling and ignored. I left a lot of places feeling like my heart might break. Then I found Croft Lodge. Jan the manager is a strong lady, she has high standards, knows her stuff, and never accepts second best. She clearly takes time to choose her staff, as they all are innately caring and patient. Once my godmother went in (on a temporary basis) she didn't want to leave. I visit her daily, again unannounced, and I've never seen or heard anything that makes me feel concerned. The place is homely, clean, fresh smelling, and happy. I like visiting, and I leave feeling at ease. The food is tasty, the kitchen is open 24/7, and each resident's nutrition is closely monitored. If my godmother ever gets ill, even just a niggle, the staff notice it and call a very good local doctor. There are activities, a bright dining room, and wifi in the rooms. Residents can even bring there pets to live with them. I personally think Croft Lodge is the best care home I have ever seen. I wouldn't let my godmother stay anywhere less than top notch. It's pricey, but they all are and for the peace of mind each night that she is happy and well looked after it is completely worth it. I would recommend Croft Lodge to everyone, and frequently do.

Submit a Review for Croft Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Croft Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Croft Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Croft Lodge