Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Donnington House Care Home, Westward Ho!, Bideford, Devon
Donnington House Care Home
Donnington House Care Home

Donnington House Care Home is one of a group of six Residential Care Homes owned and operated by the Stonehaven (Healthcare) Group in Devon and Cornwall. As with all homes in the group each Resident enjoys a very high standard of care in a 'home and family' focused environment.

Donnington House offers 25 bedrooms (mostly single) where elderly people, elderly people with physical disability and elderly people with dementia, are expertly cared for.

There is a dedicated and highly trained Care Team whose compassion and skill make Donnington House a real HOME where frequent recommendation and positive feedback are regularly enjoyed.

Carers understand that for many the prospect of a move to a Residential Home can be a daunting one. To help dispel any concerns, carers offer free a 'Familiarisation Day' to prospective residents (so long as capacity allows) - where a prospective resident may spend a day at the home with a family member or friend.

It is the desire to ensure that all who come into contact with Donnington House leave with an overwhelmingly positive impression of the home.

Come along and see for yourselves. You will always be most welcome.

Owner: Stonehaven Care Group

Person in charge: Mary Horsfield (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 36 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £450 – £750 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £325 – £425

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Donnington House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Donnington House Care Home

(1residential bed 1 EMI bed)
posted 07 Apr 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Donnington House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.6 for Donnington House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Ian Gordon (Son of resident)

My Mum moved into residential care at Donnington House in December 2012 after losing her husband (my father). She has mild dementia and does feel she is able to care for herself. We know that she is unable to do this so residential care is a must. Although Mum is unhappy at leaving her home she has nothing but praise for for the care she receives. The staff and management team are friendly and helpful. They do all they can to make Mum and all the family comfortable.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Monday 18 November 2013 by Janet Bray (Niece of Resident)

Happy atmosphere Kind caring staff, well managed and very welcoming. There is no 'unpleasant aroma' and there is frequent entertainment and activity.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by Peggy Rendall (Resident)

I enjoy living here. Have a lovely room and views of the sea. I enjoy knitting and my own company. Food is good. Care is good and I am well looked after. I get a doctor as soon as I feel unwell. My family visit me twice a week as they live nearby.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by D M G (Resident)

Handrails being done in the bathroom today. I enjoy the banter with the staff, good fun. I get on well with the other residents. I have joined the knitting club here and we are knitting blankets for the special care baby unit at the hospital. Food is good. Well cared for.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by Betty Taylor (Resident)

Love my room, good views, comfortable bed. Well looked after. I enjoy the food. Family visit regularly and live locally. Very comfortable.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by Doris Thorogood (Resident)

Well looked after here. Staff do what they can for me and I appreciate it very much. All the staff are dedicated to the residents. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff or manager. Food is good, I enjoy fish and chips! Cakes are excellent. My room is lovely, with good views. Always see the owners when they visit. Family live nearby. No complaints whatsoever.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by Evelyn Hewitt (Resident)

Well looked after. I don't need for anything. I have a small appetite and eat small amounts. I like soup everyday. Enjoy my own company and enjoy knitting in my room. I have a lovely room.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by Robert Andrews (Resident)

I love being here. Excellent entertainment. All staff are perfect and look after me well. Food is very good. I get on with all the residents.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by William R (Resident)

All ok. Comfortable lovely room, just had a new carpet. Food is very good, always get what I ask for. Activities are daily and I enjoy cards, crosswords and puzzles. My sister lives near and visits 3-4 times per week. Staff are excellent.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 15 June 2012 by Margaret T (Resident)

Like living here. Good care, excellent room which is comfortable. Food ok, but I do have a small appetite. Family and friends live nearby and visit regularly. Staff are very helpful.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 4 May 2012 by Jennifer W (Wife of Resident)

Husband well cared for. Excellent communication between staff and relatives. Staff aware of resident's needs and medical help is always sought if necessary. The atmosphere within the home is happy and friendly. There is a four weekly menu, but alternatives are offered.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Monday 23 April 2012 by Trevor G (Son of Resident)

I would like to recommend Donnington House as I have always found it to be a pleasant and caring home for the elderly residents. It is always clean and smells fresh. My mother who is 95 years, has suffered from dementia for the past five years. She has been a resident for nearly three years. The first two years we were able to take her out in the car, now sadly she is confined to her room, but is cared for so well.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 20 April 2012 by Susan P (Daughter of Resident)

It is like home from home. All the staff are friendly and caring, nothing is too much trouble. My mum is well cared for and every need is taken into account. If there are any concerns I'm phoned up immediately, which means a lot. I couldn't wish for a nicer home for my mum.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Friday 20 April 2012 by Margaret P (Daughter-in-law of Resident)

Friendly staff, approachable manager. Clean and tidy, nice airy rooms, some with sea views. Plenty of entertainment. Mini bus available for outings.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Wednesday 18 April 2012 by William Dennis W (Nephew of Resident)

I visit the home on a very regular basis. I have found that the accomodation is very good. The staff are very helpful. Sitting rooms are very bright and airy. This helps people who have poor eyesight to see to get around. I have noted that the staff have a very good way and knowledge of using hoists etc.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Wednesday 18 April 2012 by Patricia M (Sister of Resident)

My brother has been here for 3 years and receives good care and attention by the manager and staff. If there are any problems they are always sorted out. My brother is happy here. The home is also on a lovely position and area.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Wednesday 18 April 2012 by Susan P (Daughter of Resident)

Excellent care, food. Staff are always friendly and a cup of tea offered when visiting.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Wednesday 18 April 2012 by Lesley M (Friend & Hairdresser of Resident)

Very friendly, well looked after, and very clean. Residents are very happy.

Review of Donnington House Care Home on Wednesday 18 April 2012 by Rosalind B (Neighbour of Resident)

The staff are always cheerful and welcoming and my neighbours have been well looked after during their stay.

Submit a Recommendation for Donnington House Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Donnington House Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Donnington House Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Donnington House Care Home