Dove Court, Seaton, Devon

Dove Court, Seaton, is part of a friendly care service that has benefited from significant investment and refurbishment, as well as a strong focus on quality training.

An experienced team know the importance of providing a service that offers a personal touch, whether for short or long-term needs or convalescent care. Wheelchair users are able to feel at home at Dove Court, which has assisted bathrooms and specialist lifts.

Group: Doveleigh Care Ltd

Person in charge: Susan Edgerton (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 32 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Dove Court: click here

The user Review Score of 9.9 for Dove Court is based on 62 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.901 is made up of 4.901 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I visit my friend at Dove Court regularly. Since moving in she has improved so much. She looks happy and well cared for. She joins in with the activities and likes to go out on the bus trips. She has a new lease for living which is so good to see.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I am happy staying at Dove Court, everyone is friendly and I am very happy (I wouldn't stay if I wasn't).

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

In general I find the home pleasing and the staff all very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I enjoy vising Dove Court for my day care, once a week. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The staff let me do as I want which is very important to me. Before I visited Dove Court I wasn't sure what to expect as I like to do things myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I visit Dove Court often and my friend is always happy and looks well cared for. I am offered a drink when I arrive and the staff are all very friendly. My friend says this is a very nice place to be and praises everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My father has lived at Dove Court for well over a year now. He was very apprehensive at first but has settled well. He has a lovely room and likes to have a daily walk around outside, which he does whenever he can. He also goes out on activities trips whenever he can. He is very happy and well looked after here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

This is a well run care home with excellent attention to detail, outstanding staff who are often more like family. Clean, tidy, with excellent view over the valley from the large conservatory. In all honesty, I could not recommend this care home highly enough, i have reserved a place already at 62!! Outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Mum has recently become a resident at Dove Court and is thoroughly enjoying herself. The staff are brilliant and her every whim is cared for. This has given mum a new outlook on life. Every time I've seen her she looks better than the last time I saw her. I can highly recommend this care home and my mum is very happy here.

I've lived at Dove Court for two years, staff very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Dove Court is a well run care home with very good carers. I've lived here for 3/4 years and I'm very happy here. The food is very good, I cannot fault them at all. The place is perfect in every way.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I have visited Dove Court to see old friends on many occasions. Sometimes for parties, bonfire night entertainment or a summer barbecue. The residents look happy and well aged for in a lovely bright comfortable home. The staff always welcome you with a smile and offer of refreshments which is very welcoming. The home overall has a very 'homely' feel and beautiful views when the weather is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I have lived at Dove Court for about a year now, my room is lovely, the staff are all very kind; I feel happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

At first I didn't want to live in a home, but after visiting my wife at Dove Court (she was on respite). I decided to move in, mainly to be with my wife - 68 years married. We have a lovely room with an outside patio - couldn't ask for better. The staff are lovely and the food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I am happy and content at Dove Court. The staff always enrole me with activities, I'm always out and about. I have a good appetite and am catered for well. Any needs I have are met quickly, great staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Dove Court fulfils all of my needs, I am looked after very well by the staff. My room is spacious and I love my outside patio.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Whatever I ask for at Dove Court, I get. I would say it's excellent, but it's even better than that. I get looked after very well, I am very happy at Dove Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I am happy at Dove Court, the view from my upstairs room is beautiful. I can see the town, the Estany and Rover Axe. There is plenty of activities and I keep meaning to join in but can find the time. I enjoy the bus trips out, especially to otter nurseries before Christmas.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I am happy at Dove Court. I have a few of my own personal things in my room and it feels like home. The staff are all very good and I am well cared for here. I am not one to join in all the activities but there is always lots of different things going on.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I moved from a previous home which I loved. I was a bit worried about the change to start with but now I love it here. The staff are lovely. My room has lovely views and I am very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I have just been to visit my mother in Dove Court. She is a different person. She is happy, has a nice room with sea view and says how lovely the food is. Mum says the staff are all so friendly and she cannot praise them enough for all they are doing for her. As I live away it gives me peace of mind knowing that my mum is safe and cared for so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Have been here for four and a half years now and very happy. Two brothers stayed here at Dove Court prior to coming here and they were very happy with the service as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I came to visit my friend in Dove Court from Holland over the Christmas period. I was very happy to see her looking so well. Your care homes in England are so much more friendly the the ones we have in The Netherlands.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I visit my gran as often as I can when I'm home from university, she is always looking smart and clean, always smiling and singing the praises of the staff and home. We are always made to feel welcome when visiting and my mind it at ease knowing gran is so well cared for when I can't make it to see her. I love listening to what she has been up to, trips out, activities (she has facials & manicures there)

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I like having the support of the staff here, they are all very good and explain everything to me. I really enjoy going out in the Dove bus shopping or on the bus for activities. The food is excellent and we have lots choice for every meal time. I could not have a nicer room and have made lots of friends here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Mu mum is a different person, she's smiling, eating better and she feels better in a safe environment, which is good for everybody. She is mixing with other residents instead of being on her own and joining in the activities. The staff who I can't thank enough, they are so helpful and will go the extra mile.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My mum chose to move to Dove court after trying another home first. She loves the freshly cooked food and the choices she is given daily. She has a lovely room with sea views and also loves to sit in the conservatory with the others. She also said how she is enjoying the varied activities provided daily.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

After going to another home for a few weeks and not enjoying my experience I moved to Dove Court. What a difference. It is a lovely home with a caring helpful staff. My room is lovely with sea views. I am given lovely fresh cooked food every day and I haver plenty of choices of what I want to eat. I am allowed to choose when I go to be and when I get up. I feel so safe and happy here. I love not having to do my shopping but still be able to have the things I enjoy. I am also enjoying the activities which are enjoyed by everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My friend has been at Dove Court for a while now and is very happy. The staff are so friendly and always offer me a cup of tea. My friend looks happy and well cared for and full of praise for the staff. The food is good with plenty of choice. The activities provided are ok. I am so happy that my relative is in a good and safe place at their time of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Visited our friends today and they are really happy with all the care provided and the food, it was lovely to see them so happy and settled. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Dove Court Seaton to everyone else.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My elderly resident couldn't be happier at Dove Court, the care in which she receives is faultless, by staff who generally care about her health and well being. They all go above and beyond to ensure she's always happy, well fed, clean and tidy.
We always get the warmest of welcomes when we visit, and unlike other care homes which we visited during the choosing process, Dove Court is always a pleasure to visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Everything here is really good. The staff are all very good this includes the management, I enjoy my meals and the variety of food I am offered.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

An informal and caring environment where residents are respected as individuals with their own personalities, interest and needs.

Food & Drink: Poor

My auntie goes to Dove Court for daycare, the staff are fantastic with her, she always comes home saying how much she enjoys the food, care, and the activities she gets involved in. The staff rang her Thursday to invite her to the firework party there Thursday evening which I thought was amazing service that really went the extra mile. 11/10 for the staff and managers there!

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My relative is always really happy with the care that they received. Staff are always very welcoming and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I came to Dove Court for respite and I decided to move in permanently. My husband was very anti care home but after visiting me several times and enjoying the view and atmosphere here, he's waiting to move in as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Dove court ticks all the boxes for me. I feel confident that my mother is treated with respect and is cared for by a highly professional team of carers. They are all polite, friendly and ever willing to help. My father is moving in this week as he has been so impressed with the home. That's quite and important decision as he has always been very anti about care homes!

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I think the home is excellent, the staff look after me very well. I am very happy here. I came for two weeks from hospital and have decided to stay for good.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My uncle is 93 and moved in six months ago. He was very independent minded and very cross when I first suggested he considered a care home. A soon as we were shown around he felt happy to move in. He is relaxed and comfortable. He has companionship and is kept active. He obviously enjoys his food. The care is personalised and thoughtful and delivered in a considerate way.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Myself and sister recently on the off chance turned up at Dove Court to view potential future care for our elderly father. The girls where very welcoming and accomadating, very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. The home looked lovely and clean, all the people looked happy and friendly, enjoying coffee in the conservatory with superb views over Seaton and Axmouth, whilst others were getting on the bus to go to the seaside. Very impressed with what we saw and defiantly looking further into care and support from them. 10/10 to the team.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Every week the happy staff make the day a lot easier and more enjoyable when I visit. My aunt has taken quite a while to adjust to new surroundings and loss of independence, but has been shown care and concern each day despite her trials and tribulations! To know she is kept warm, secure and well tended to is a great worry off our minds. The lunches we can share with new found friends are a treat and the general feeling of the home is relaxed, bright, friendly but dignified. I am delighted to have found and chosen this home, having refused many others.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

Myself and partner had a look around Dove Court as well as a few other local homes for a place for my mother-in-law in the near future. The staff couldn't be more welcoming or friendly if they tried. They put my fears at ease straight away and answered all my questions. The home is lovely and clean, plenty of staff interaction and activities going on, and the overall atmosphere was warm and friendly. Definitely a place like home.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

The accommodation is excellent the staff are fantastic and the food is very good overall I feel very happy and safe living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

No complaints with anything at Dove Court, very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I have lived here three and a half years, my room is lovely, I have no problems at Dove Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I am lucky to have a son who is reasonably healthy and he comes over takes me out occasionally. So upset I have not partaken in any other outings.
Pleasant staff, lovely surroundings in a nice conservatory to sit in for leisure.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My mother-in-law recently visited Dove Court for day care respite and we were extremley happy with the care and support she recieved in the 6 hours being there. The home was clean and tidy, the staff were very friendly and we will definatly be using them again in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I am very happy living here, it is ideal for me.

My father is a resident at Dove Court, the staff are extremely friendly and nothing is too much hassel. My father is very happy there, and visiting is always a pleasant experience. It's comforting knowing he is in such safe and caring hands!

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Likely

I have family members that use Dove Court for daycare once a week, the staff are fantastic, very helpful & friendly. The home is always clean & tidy and we are always made to feel welcome. The food is always very tasty & plenty of it. Would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I visit Dove Court often to see my relative, staff are always very friendly and it is always very calm and collective in the home. I would recommend this home to anybody as my relative is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My friend Connie has lived here for a few years now and everyone is so kind and caring. When I visit I am always made welcome and offered a hot drink. I am also advised of her health etc. Connie loves the food and gets plenty of trips out. All in all she is very well cared for and is happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I have been a resident here for 4 years now and I don't want to leave here ever. You could not have better staff, nicer residents, everyone is so nice. All the staff appreciate our needs, we are very lucky. My family also enjoy coming here as everyone is so friendly, I could not wish for a nicer place to spend my time now. We have a nice room, I don't think we could get better.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

My friend cannot praise the staff at this home enough. He says it is a special place to live. Nothing is ever too much trouble and they are always given lots of choices. I visited recently on Bonfire night where we were all offered a buffet supper and then a superb firework display. The home was full of friendly staff catering to all of our needs. Plenty of hot drinks and food offered to everyone present, a real homely atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Court? Extremely LIKELY

I would recommend this care home.

My friend and neighbour is being wonderfully looked after. Her physical and mental health has improved so much since she became a resident at Dove Court. All the staff are very kind, helpful and professional. All Pam's care is totally person centred, she enjoys the outings but her wishes are respected if she doesn't want to do something.

A very welcoming home, staff always very friendly and polite. Very reassuring to know my grandmother is being well cared for.

Dove Court is a wonderful and caring home and i know my husband is happy and safe.

I would highly recommend this home to anybody who would wish to move in. The atmosphere is wonderful with the abundance of friendly staff who are always available. The peacefulness of the home really let's you appreciate the beautiful view of the bay whilst sat in the massive conservatory. Residents ways appear well, happy and appear well kept to the eye.

I would highly recommend Dove Court. The staff are all exceptional, friendly and caring. They go out of their way to enure the happiness and well being of the people in their care. Sometimes against great odds. The atmosphere there is always welcoming and the staff do their best to involve all the residents in the life of the home.

This is the best care home around. Staff friendly and helpful and very caring to residents.

Mothers two brothers had been earlier residents. I can't compare value for money, as not had dealings with other care homes.

A high standard of cleanliness, comfortable rooms of adequate size and friendly efficient staff. Visitors welcome, communal conservatory and terrace with views of a tranquil and relaxing environment. Residents are made to feel at home and offered trips and activities if they desire them.

Submit a Review for Dove Court