Parkland House, Exeter, Devon
Parkland House

Parkland House is located on the western outskirts of Exeter, where it has long had an excellent reputation and is the only EMI registered home in Exeter to achieve the 3 star ‘Excellent’ quality rating. Registered for 52 residents in private rooms and one double room, clients enjoy quality décor throughout, as well as state of the art assisted bathrooms. Scenic grounds include lawns, mature shrubs, patios which are accessible by residents with wheelchairs, a walk lined with bird feeders and a quiet inner courtyard. The home has a very busy social activity programme, which benefits from regular feedback from the residents' committee. There is a particular emphasis on reminiscing and developing an in depth understanding of residents including their past history.

Group: Peninsula Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Ann Boardman (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £1000 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £550 – £700

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Parkland House: click here

Recommendation Score: 9 (9.033)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 9 for Parkland House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Parkland House

My mother suffers form Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia. After diagnosis and a struggle to remain independent she came to live at Parkland House. * She has found a new "friends" - we never thought this possible. * The care and attention is excellent - the staff effectively understand my mother's need. * There s very low staff turnover - leading to a stable and reassuring environment, very important for my mother. * Parkland House is a cheerful and friendly home, were we are always made welcome.

Parkland House

I would like to give this care home a very positive recommendation form their kindness in helping my mother to settle into the home and making us both feel welcomed. They always greet us with lovely friendly smiles. The staff are always kind and helpful. The house is run efficiently and with great understanding.

Parkland House

My mother is presently living in Parklands. She has Alzheimer's disease and at times can be extremely difficult. I have nothing but admiration & respect for the staff who treat my mother. They are kind, patient and have much humor. My mother is very independent and still exerts her strong personality. At all times the staff engage with her and attend to her individual needs. My mother is much happier living in Parklands than before, she has lonely & frightened living in her home on her own.

Parkland House

When choosing a care home for my Father, we arrived at Parkland House unannounced and were immediately impressed with the happy atmosphere and pleasant surroundings. Dad has lived here for five months now, and he has been treated with respect and kindness at all times and nothing is too much trouble to help him enjoy each day. All the staff are very involved with the residents and take care to keep them happy, providing plenty of activities. The management are very approachable, and always ready to help with any queries. I am very glad that we were able to find such a good home for Dad, and would thoroughly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkland House? Extremely likely

Parkland House

'Our father lived at Parkland for 11 months until he died there in July. He suffered from relatively moderate dementia which meant he needed conversation and stimulation, but he also required understanding when he was confused. The staff were wonderful with him in whatever state of mind he was in. Dignity, humour, kindness, friendliness, patience, attention: we could have asked no more. When Dad was to leave hospital in a frail condition recently, Parkland stepped in to receive him back, despite the extra workload this required. I sat in Parkland's garden recently, with staff and residents playing boules behind me and a resident leading a clutch of other ladies in a singalong in front of me- a very happy place!'

Parkland House

My Mum was in Parkland House from April 2010 until she died on 3rd March 2014 at nearly 99 and, in all that time, she received excellent care and kindness from the staff. It was a wrench for her to go into a Home as she was very independent but she became very content at Parkland and often commented that “I have nothing to do, its all done for me!” She had a nice ground floor room overlooking the garden which we were able to take her into and round when we visited and she enjoyed looking at all the plants. She enjoyed the food and appreciated what the staff did for her. In the last few weeks of her life when she became very ill the care and attention from the staff was especially outstanding. She was given a hospital bed and a special mattress and the Doctor called regularly. On the day Mum died one Carer stayed with her for a few hours and read to her until we were able to get there. And their kindness to us in those last few hours as we sat with Mum was also excellent. We chose Parkland on the recommendation of friends and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Home to others.

Parkland House

My father had dementia and was difficult to care for but he was looked after with dignity. His skin condition improved whilst he was a resident. It was decided to leave dad until one of the last to get washed and dressed in the mornings as this seemed to suit him better. We found the staff helpful, caring and friendly. Bells were answered promptly. When dad was dying he was given wonderful care as was the family which helped us all at that very sad time. Nothing was too much trouble. Residents seemed very happy.

Parkland House

The care, consideration & kindness shown to my mum & other residents by ALL the staff is outstanding. Their awareness & sensitivity to the resident's needs is obvious, often pre-empting potential distress. They manage mum's reluctance to accept help or sit at a table to eat well so that her health & care is not compromised. This level of care, together with the safe, secure 'home from home' environment, has given our family freedom to enjoy more quality time with mum.

Submit a Recommendation for Parkland House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Parkland House

There are no jobs posted yet for Parkland House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkland House