Parkland House, Exeter, Devon
Parkland House
Parkland House

Parkland House is located on the western outskirts of Exeter, where it has long had an excellent reputation and is the only EMI registered home in Exeter to achieve the 3 star ‘Excellent’ quality rating. Registered for 52 residents in private rooms and one double room, clients enjoy quality décor throughout, as well as state of the art assisted bathrooms. Scenic grounds include lawns, mature shrubs, patios which are accessible by residents with wheelchairs, a walk lined with bird feeders and a quiet inner courtyard. The home has a very busy social activity programme, which benefits from regular feedback from the residents' committee. There is a particular emphasis on reminiscing and developing an in depth understanding of residents including their past history.

Owner: Peninsula Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Ann Boardman (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £850 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £600

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Parkland House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Parkland House

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Parkland House

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Parkland House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Parkland House on Friday 22 February 2013 by Carole J (Daughter of resident)

My mother was a resident at Parkland House for 3 months. She came out of hospital after six weeks, still very unwell but the staff at Parkland quickly made a huge improvement to her health and appearance. They were patient with her lack of appetite and did all they could to encourage her. During her final two weeks when she became bedridden and began to close down (vascular dementia), the care she received was outstanding, both in terns of provision of comfort and personal attention.

Review of Parkland House on Monday 21 January 2013 by Myfanwy Pritchard (Grand-daughter of resident)

My Grandma moved to Parklands from Cardiff to be near me. She settled in well, had a large room looking over the garden and enjoyed her time there. One bonus here is that Parkland House has 3 Activity Ladies to entertain the residents - various visits by musicians/singers/animal charities and are also taken out by minibus or car (if they are mobile) for trips in the local area - We enjoyed our trips out on the minibus. The carers are all doing a wonderful job - treating the residents with respect, dignity and patience or just spending time with the residents. The care in the last weeks of my Grandma's life was excellent - she was given a special mattress and hospital bed and attended to around the clock. Any concerns and the GP or District Nurse were always called out. I was recommended Parklands and I have no hesitation in doing the same.

Review of Parkland House on Monday 17 December 2012 by John Maddocks (Son of resident)

I am very pleased my dad 93 years old is being looked after at Parkland House, Barley Lane Exeter. Everyone I have seen has done their job excellently. I like the way they take time to sit down and talk to residents whenever they can. My dad was in another home he was not happy and was very confused. Since he has been here he's got back his sense of humour and is now himself, Iv'e got back my dad.

Review of Parkland House on Monday 15 October 2012 by Ann N (Daughter of Resident)

My mother was at Parklands for 4 1/2 months May-October 2012. She was very happy and comfortable there and really well cared for in her last days. Having met many of the staff I found them unfailingly kind and helpful. I know mum made friends with lots of them as well as some of the residents. I am glad we found such a good home for her.

Review of Parkland House on Friday 12 October 2012 by Fiona Carpenter (Daughter of Resident)

Very good residential home, which has many activities for residents. It has excellent, caring staff, is very clean and well managed. My mother was very comfortable in the last months of her life.

Review of Parkland House on Friday 17 August 2012 by Alan O (Son of Resident)

After the 'grand tour' the manager asked Mum what she liked best about Parkland House. Mum paused for a moment, digesting the question with a cup of tea and a cupcake on her lap, then replied with a smile, 'I like your attitude'. It was a lovely summer's day and, of course, she had enjoyed the tranquillity of the gardens, the warmth of the sun lounge, the cosy feel of her bedroom. The whole vibe was good and we were both getting it. Mum, in spite of, or perhaps, because of, the disorienting life changes she was experiencing following Dad's death and the sudden onset of her own dementia, and me, the 62 year old child increasingly concerned for his mother's health and well being, we both found what we were looking for in Parkland House. On the way home in the car she said 'I think I could be happy there', and she was. The reassuring attitude of the manager, reflecting the warmth of the day of our visit, was in turn reflected in the compassion, dedication and good humour of the staff who welcomed her into her new home and truly cared for her throughout her stay. I believe we chose well. I certainly have no regrets and I have many fond memories of Parkland House and the people who make it work.

Review of Parkland House on Monday 13 August 2012 by Mavis S (Niece of Resident)

Residents all seem happy, well cared for. Staff very friendly and caring. The atmosphere in the home is very welcoming when I visit. Also very clean and secure.

Review of Parkland House on Wednesday 25 July 2012 by Valerie S (Daughter of Resident)

Very caring staff and my mother has been happy there since being diagnosed with vascular dementia in March 2011.

Review of Parkland House on Monday 30 April 2012 by Ann T (Daughter of Resident)

Beautiful secure gardens that offer residents a sense of freedom to wander around independently. Always a calm and peaceful atmosphere in the home. Caring staff who are now considered by mum as her family.

Review of Parkland House on Tuesday 10 April 2012 by Margaret P (Niece of Resident)

The care was excellent. The atmosphere is calm and friendly. Food is excellent. Staff are wonderful. My aunt was here for 12 years and was very happy, also my uncle was at Parkland House for about 2 years and he was also very happy.

Submit a Recommendation for Parkland House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Parkland House and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Parkland House

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkland House