Avonwood Manor

31/33 Nelson Road, Branksome, Poole BH12 1ES

Avonwood Manor, Poole, Dorset

Avonwood Manor Nursing Home is warm and welcoming, situated in a leafy residential road close to the picturesque Dorset countryside and the beautiful town of Poole.

The home offers a friendly environment and a compassionate approach to the personal care and attention of older people and people with dementia, giving them real quality of life in a homely caring atmosphere.

Avonwood Manor is part of Beritaz Care, a family owned group with extensive experience and a reputation for providing the high level of care and support that they would want for their own relatives. Residents can be assured that this is a home for life, there will be no need to move if care needs increase.

All the team undertake regular on-going continuing professional development to ensure the highest possible standards are maintained.

Group: Beritaz Care

Person in charge: Karen McGavin (Registered Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Borough of Poole Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 49 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £650 – £850

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Large car park

Latest CQC* Report on Avonwood Manor: click here

posted 3 hours ago

We have two rooms available in this residential care home which specialises in providing quality care to older people in a warm and friendly environment. You may visit at any time, although if you would like to meet the manager we suggest you contact us in advance (01202 763183)

9 Avonwood Manor has a Review Score of 9 (8.969)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Avonwood Manor is based on 14 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.969 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.398 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.571 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 8.969 for Avonwood Manor is based on 14 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.398 for Avonwood Manor is calculated as follows: ( (76 Excellents x 5) + (80 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.398

The Quantity Score of 4.571 for Avonwood Manor is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Avonwood Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Avonwood Manor

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

14 Reviews is 4.4 out of 5

I feel resident of the home is well looked after, as ticked below.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

I cannot praise Avonwood Manor enough for everything they have done for my father in his transition from his own home to the care home. He is happy, well cared for and always looks clean and tidy. I am also kept informed of any changes immediately.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

I cannot thank the staff enough for the patience and kindness they show to my husband. He looks well kempt and clean shaven. He appears content, although now he sometimes does not know who I am. The staff were very kind and thoughtful to us on our recent 72nd wedding anniversary and gave us a cake and cards. I am always made very welcome when I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

Staff are very good, I find they are very caring and always will do their best to help my husband. Although I will say that the staffing level at weekends is very poor.
On the whole, the care delivered is very good but sometimes there can be a wait to help my husband because of a shortage of staff!

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

I find this Nursing Home is very good mostly! If you have a worry you can always ask any of the staff. Also, the home is really good and the staff are kind to my husband. That, in turn, makes me happy when I go home. The food they give to the residents is excellent and fair portions. Cleaning is very good every day or more the sheets are changed nad I know that my husband is ok there. No worries really, my only concern is that my husband can't tell me if he's hurting or not. We as a family, daughter and three sons are reasonably happy with the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Likely

My mother is in Avonwood after a prolonged stay in hospital with problems all due to severe dementia. I am pleased she is here as the staff seem to be very kind, and are always happy to help. Nothing seems to be too much trouble, it seems to be a happy place. Mum seems to have settled in here well. Nice place, nice location, nice people.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

Avonwood Manor is a beautiful and caring nursing and dementia home. My dad has been here a year now following a stroke he had in hospital! I knew from the moment I set "foot" in this home, myself and my family had made the right decision for him to stay here. My dad has had numerous medical problems since being here and his dementia is the cause of these but the staff go "out of their way" to keep us informed and they explain everything to us whenever we go to visit dad! My family visit regularly, we are always asked if "we would like a cuppa" and they have regular family meetings where we discuss any problems. I cannot praise this home enough I know my dad is being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

I regularly take my father out of the home for lunch. I always ask staff before the day if my father could be clean shaved and smartly dressed which they do most of the time, but for some reason his hair is always messy and greasy. I just wish they would wash his hair twice a week.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Likely

Nothing really to say it's all good.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Likely

It's a pretty good place. I haven't heard a bad word said about it here. Can't think of anything bad.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

Nothing to say apart from its very good. Staff are very understanding and very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

Dad has been here nearly 2 years he is very settled and loves all of the staff who are so kind to him. The manager is always helpful and available. Would recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Extremely Likely

I'm very pleased to be here.

How likely would you be to recommend Avonwood Manor? Likely

My mother-in-law moved to Avonwood Manor at Easter. We have been very happy with all aspects of her care. All the staff are wonderful, understanding and helpful. If we have had any questions they have been dealt with promptly. The home has a lovely friendly atmosphere and the residents are encouraged to join in the activities that are arranged for them throughout the week. Mum's health has improved since she moved in and she has settled well.

Mum moved to Avomwood after it was recommended by the family of another resident. We visited several homes but felt Avonwood would be the best for Mum.

Submit a Review for Avonwood Manor

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Avonwood Manor

Karen McGavin

Job Title: Manager

Karen leads a skilled and professional team delivering consistently high quality care. Avonwood Manor Nursing Home, part of Beritaz Care is a forward thinking and dynamic company offering real career opportunities for anyone for a passion for Care.
We're always pleased to hear from outstanding and warm individuals wishing to join our team. There is a good range of benefit as well as support to develop your career. See our jobs page for more information.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Avonwood Manor