Moorhaven, Taunton, Somerset

Moorhaven adheres to a company philosophy of making sure individual needs are put first and fulfilled, using person-centred methods and incorporating the skills of a highly trained team.

Interested clients are welcome to ask advice, with professionals able to show you how their contribution and home life can impact on your satisfaction and well-being.

The facility itself consists of five separate ground-floor groupings, while there are also beautiful walled gardens, nurse call systems and IT technology.

Group: Somerset Care Ltd

Person in charge: Lorraine Lock (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 54 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Moorhaven: click here

posted 28 Aug 2015

2 room on the first floor are spacious, bright and have a double aspect over looking the gardens, both have ensuite facilities. 1 room on the ground floor bright, airy and newly refurbished overlooking the courtyard garden.

Review Score: 9 (9.034)

The user 'Review Score' ( 9 for Moorhaven) is based on 10 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Moorhaven

Friendly and thoughtful staff, nice room and spacious shower not used during one week stay

Moorhaven

Great communication and care service from the team and managers.

Moorhaven

I would like people to know how pleased I am about Moorhaven care home. My mum, with Vascular dementia goes to Moorhaven for a weeks respite each month. She enjoys being there and I feel the staff have really spent time getting to know mum and endeavour to make her stay as pleasant as possible. When the time comes for full time care I have no hesitation in deciding that this is where I would like her to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely likely

Moorhaven

Very impressed by how the care home is run. Staff kind and caring. Residents look smart and well cared for. I enjoyed our meeting with other service users, also being told of future improvements to the home.

Moorhaven

I stayed at this home to give my husband respite care (over 80) He has been my carer whilst he had a rest. I have MK Parkinson's disease and stayed for 2 weeks at Moorhaven. It is a place that is cosy, comfortable with lovely gardens and blooms and in this lovely week we had a lady who set up quizzes etc. and a sing along in fact it is a cheerful place where no one was made to feel lonely or alone. The best part for most of this was meal times- the food was plentiful and extremely satisfying- extremely tasty with plenty to drink throughout the day.

Moorhaven

My mum has been once before and this was her 2nd visit to let me go away on holiday. The staff from the managers to the cleaning team are all excellent, nothing is too much trouble. I went on holiday, knowing my mum was well cared for and most of all safe. I would recommend Moorhaven to anyone with an elderly relative, they will be treated with dignity and lots of care and respect as elderly people deserve.

Moorhaven

The managers are friendly and approachable. The staff are very caring and hard working. The laundry facilities could be improved - residents clothing returned often needed ironing.

Moorhaven

I use to come to Moorhaven on day care before moving here permanently. I found the service great, which is why I chose the care home to be my permanent home. all the staff are excellent at meeting my needs, which is why I am recommending Moorhaven.

Moorhaven

A truly magnificent care home Moorhaven - A very homely environment with a smile and a welcome as you arrive. Lorraine and staff are so kind and helpful, considerate and nothing is too much trouble. Attention to detail with medication and well being. My husband has lived at Moorhaven since July 2014, he has a lovely clean room and is very happy and settled, which gives me as a wife " peace of mind." I will always be grateful to them for giving us our quality of life back.

Moorhaven

My cousin had been in and out of hospital for several months before she went to Moorhaven for three weeks respite care. Everyone was very kind and helpful. Whilst there my cousin improved her mobility, put weight back on and made friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely likely

Submit a Review for Moorhaven

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moorhaven

There are no jobs posted yet for Moorhaven

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moorhaven