Moorhaven, Taunton, Somerset

Moorhaven incorporates the skills of a highly trained team to provide person-centred, tailored support to those with care needs.

The home itself consists of five separate ground floor groupings, while there are also beautiful walled gardens including a well-tended vegetable patch. Bedrooms have a nurse call system, and residents have access to IT facilities and Wi-Fi so that they can keep in touch with family and friends who may not live nearby. An Activities Co-ordinator ensures there is always something to do.

Group: Somerset Care Ltd

Person in charge: Lorraine Lock (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 54 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £590 – £738

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Moorhaven: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Moorhaven is based on 17 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.270 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.64 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.63 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.270 for Moorhaven is based on 17 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.64 for Moorhaven is calculated as follows: ( (131 Excellents x 5) + (61 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 197 Ratings = 4.64

The Quantity Score of 4.63 for Moorhaven is calculated as follows:

My sister was a resident at Moorhaven for 6 years and was happy there. The staff were always attentive and caring, they were sorry to see her leave to be transferred to an EMI unit.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

Since moving to Moorhaven my father has been much happier both mentally and physically. His medical needs have been addressed as soon as they have arisen and his general well being very much improved. Overall his needs are certainly met and he is very happy with the service provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

I visit my sister around every six weeks and always have a friendly welcome on arrival at the security door, having signed the visitors register. I find the atmosphere is relaxed and cheerful, the staff are helpful. Moorhaven has a central control hub leading from there are the units of accommodation, bed sitting rooms, each unit has a common room and dining area, looking out on the garden. The decor is bright and cheerful each unit having it's own colour scheme and theme. The gardens are beautifully kept and there is provision for individual garden plots for the more active resident. There is a healthy programme of social activities covering arts, music and workshops. I often stay to dinner, the food is prepared on site and is of a high standard with generous helpings. The management team are always on hand to answer any queries.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

Moorhaven have been caring for my Grandma over the past 3 years and during this time she has been happy and very well looked after. The staff at Moorhaven are always kind, positive and thoughtful. They constantly engage with my Grandma which I'm sure has contributed to her strength and well-being to date. I enjoy visiting my Gran as she and the staff are always in good spirit! Well done Moorhaven, keep up the awesome work.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

Ever since my mum has been a resident at Moorhaven (3 years) the staff without exception have been excellent with her.

She has Dementia and has had her fair share of chest /urine infections/falls, the staff have always been very quick in contacting the GP's and myself and dealing with the situation very efficiently.

Whenever myself or my family visit we are always made to feel very welcome and it is evident that Mum is always clean and well looked after.
In the past few weeks Mum's health has deteriorated and she is back at Moorhaven for end of life care and I am so pleased with the care and attention that my Mum is receiving - nothing has been too much trouble.

I would recommend Moorhaven to ANYBODY - The manager and her team are amongst the kindest people I have ever met.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

My mother spent nearly six years at Moorhaven. Sadly she passed away on 3/9/2015. Mum was very happy at Moorhaven, she was well cared for and loved by staff at the home. We were always kept up to date on mum's condition. I cannot stress enough the thanks we have for all the staff, always helpful, nothing too much trouble. They were there for mum at the end.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

Months ago I started viewing care homes in view of my husband's decline in health and put our names down because of the large waiting lists for places. More recently with more vicious turns and an admission to an assessment unit, it was confirmed he needed more care than I could manage. As I was in the security of Moorhaven one day I called in to make an appointment to view at their convenience, and was welcomed in and shown around. I had another place viewing booked, which I was advised to go ahead with and did so confirmed my choice of Moorhaven.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Likely

Friendly and thoughtful staff, nice room and spacious shower not used during one week stay

Great communication and care service from the team and managers.

I would like people to know how pleased I am about Moorhaven care home. My mum, with Vascular dementia goes to Moorhaven for a weeks respite each month. She enjoys being there and I feel the staff have really spent time getting to know mum and endeavour to make her stay as pleasant as possible. When the time comes for full time care I have no hesitation in deciding that this is where I would like her to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorhaven? Extremely Likely

Very impressed by how the care home is run. Staff kind and caring. Residents look smart and well cared for. I enjoyed our meeting with other service users, also being told of future improvements to the home.

I stayed at this home to give my husband respite care (over 80) He has been my carer whilst he had a rest. I have MK Parkinson's disease and stayed for 2 weeks at Moorhaven. It is a place that is cosy, comfortable with lovely gardens and blooms and in this lovely week we had a lady who set up quizzes etc. and a sing along in fact it is a cheerful place where no one was made to feel lonely or alone. The best part for most of this was meal times- the food was plentiful and extremely satisfying- extremely tasty with plenty to drink throughout the day.

My mum has been once before and this was her 2nd visit to let me go away on holiday. The staff from the managers to the cleaning team are all excellent, nothing is too much trouble. I went on holiday, knowing my mum was well cared for and most of all safe. I would recommend Moorhaven to anyone with an elderly relative, they will be treated with dignity and lots of care and respect as elderly people deserve.

The managers are friendly and approachable. The staff are very caring and hard working. The laundry facilities could be improved - residents clothing returned often needed ironing.

I use to come to Moorhaven on day care before moving here permanently. I found the service great, which is why I chose the care home to be my permanent home. all the staff are excellent at meeting my needs, which is why I am recommending Moorhaven.

A truly magnificent care home Moorhaven - A very homely environment with a smile and a welcome as you arrive.
Lorraine and staff are so kind and helpful, considerate and nothing is too much trouble. Attention to detail with medication and well being. My husband has lived at Moorhaven since July 2014, he has a lovely clean room and is very happy and settled, which gives me as a wife " peace of mind." I will always be grateful to them for giving us our quality of life back.

My cousin had been in and out of hospital for several months before she went to Moorhaven for three weeks respite care. Everyone was very kind and helpful. Whilst there my cousin improved her mobility, put weight back on and made friends.

Submit a Review for Moorhaven

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moorhaven

There are no jobs posted yet for Moorhaven

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moorhaven