Buckland Court

South Mill Road, Amesbury, Salisbury SP4 7HR

Buckland Court, Salisbury, Wiltshire

Buckland Court is registered for fifty residents and offers a team of skilled and friendly carers, able to provide care for older people and those with dementia, while also being able to offer day care.

Care homes from The Orders of St John Care Trust are well respected in Lincolnshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire where the voluntary sector charity has a strong presence after seeing healthy growth since it first opened homes in 1992.

All residents are supported in the pursuit of active lifestyle and personal interests, while benefitting from a care philosophy that prioritises dignity and independence alongside health, safety and security.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Susan Tiller (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Buckland Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Buckland Court is based on 16 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.272 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.632 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.64 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.272 for Buckland Court is based on 16 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.632 for Buckland Court is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 190 Ratings = 4.632

The Quantity Score of 4.64 for Buckland Court is calculated as follows:

This is the first time I have filled in a review form with regards to my mother. She moved into the home in May 2015, after a couple of days I believe she had settled in. Myself, my brother and sister cannot fault the staff and home in anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has dementia and several other problems which are being attended to in a friendly, caring and dignified manner, and we as a family have no issues with the excellent staff and the care which they administer to her. My only observation is, due to the number of residents who don't have dementia, have no other recreation, stimulation or conversation (especially those who have no family to visit them) and spend their days with only the staff to talk to at mealtimes. I feel there could be an opening for a person to have a position in the home purely to address this. There was a lady several years ago who filled this role and some of the residents, other than those who would go to the day centre, benefited from her attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Tiller, Home Manager at Buckland Court responded to this review on 18 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased to hear that you find our home a friendly and caring place. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to advise that after a brief absence, our Activities Coordinator will be back next week, when she will continue working to get to know residents better, which will help her to develop a feel for what activities will work best for each individual resident’s needs. I would of course be happy to discuss this with you further next time you are visiting the home.

My husband is receiving the best possible care available. As a family we consider ourselves so fortunate to have been able to come under the caring facilities of Buckland Court. During his stay we are receiving only the kindest of efficient care possible under the circumstances. We could not ask for more and appreciate all the home offers.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My family and I cannot speak highly enough for the home and the brilliant staff who work and run it. It is a big decision to place a parent in a home but have no fear here. They very soon settle in and love it. Nothing is too much trouble and the efforts put in by the staff is second to none. We highly recommend it here. So, so relaxing when we visit, home from home comforts. A plus on everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Tiller, Home Manager at Buckland Court responded to this review on 13 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a lovely comment, I will pass on your kind words to my colleagues here at our home.

As per the comments on my last review earlier last year, I am totally satisfied that my sister is receiving the best possible care. The staff are outstanding, kind, patient and understanding. They know their clients well. It is of utmost relief and thanks that I can relax and be assured my sister is safe and well at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Staff very good, seem very caring. Rooms very small but ok (kept very clean). They have been decorating the inside a lot, much better). I am happy that my father is here and looked after his needs and welfare very well. Thank you Buckland Court. I think Buckland Court is run very well. We visit quite a lot and the staff are always busy and always talk to you. I have asked the Manager for a larger room when one is available.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Likely

Above average. The staff are very nice.

Rooms: Poor

No matter when we visit the care shown to my mother is exemplary and is genuine. The staff care, really care for my mothers every need and the needs of the other residents as far as I can see. My mother has been here for 15 years. There is also a new manager, who pointed out that the TV in my mothers lounge had not worked after years, and immediately set about ordering a new one. She agrees that a TV is important for the mental well being and resident's and provokes conversation.

Very positive view of Buckland Court. Very attentive lovely staff. They treat my mother with utmost respect and politeness. Also bringing her out of her shell to have laughs too. Excellent care all around. My mother likes spending time there. We are trying to hold out for a permanent placement at Buckland Court rather than anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

I spent a day volunteering in this residential home. It was a lovely place to be involved with. The residents seemed happy and content and there was an air of care and friendliness at all times. The staff were hard working and very attentive to the ever changing needs of the residents. No one was left out or sat unnoticed. Senior staff were quickly on hand to deal with even the slightly concern about any of the residents. Lovely, clean and there seemed like a never ending stream of food and refreshments being offered all day, to all. I particularly liked the interaction of the staff with the residents in the days social activities.

I came away feeling like this was an honest, caring and friendly residential home with very hardworking and contented staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Likely

Staff always clean, friendly and nothing appears to be too much trouble. There is always a friendly atmosphere in the home. I have marked two boxes as good as I have little knowledge and my mother is not one to take part in activities. The main thing is that she is happy and well looked after and has nothing but good things to say about the care home.

As indicated below, the care and facilities are excellent. My all round opinion of the home is excellent.

The home manager and her staff were amazing, the level of care and friendliness was very good. Nothing was too much trouble. I called all times day and night and I was always greeted at the door with a smile and kind word. The staff were compassionate and considerate at all times. All the residents seemed well cared for and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My wife has been a resident at Buckland Court for two years, I have found all the staff to be caring and loving to my wife and the residents to the uniforms. All the boxes I have ticked I have found to be true, and I would recommend the home to anyone. Often I visit my wife every day, I go to the home knowing she will be well looked after by all the staff. Thank you.

A very friendly place to stay. I enjoyed the few times I've stayed there. Have booked another stay for a week in August which I'm looking forward to.

First Class Service

My mother - Janna Jonkman has been a resident since September 2013 and I cannot rate the home highly enough. There is so much love and respect shown towards her and indeed all the other residents. I would without a shadow of doubt recommend any lady or gent who has Alzheimer's to go there to be looked after.

Submit a Review for Buckland Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Buckland Court

There are no jobs posted yet for Buckland Court

Sue

Sue Tiller

Joined: 2015

Buckland Court Residents are looked after by a highly dedicated team of 60 staff that include carers, an admin assistant and house keeping and kitchen staff. They are led by the Manager who is supported by a Head of Care and a team of three Care Leaders.

Sue Tiller has been the Manager of Buckland Court since February 2015 and previously ran Anzac House in Devizes which was another Residential care home within The Orders of St John Care Trust group. She has over 25 years’ experience of working with older people in a Residential Care setting. Sue is also a qualified assessor/teacher in Health & Social Care. Previous to her 15 years management, she has experienced working in all areas of a Residential Care, with a wide knowledge an understanding of the challenges that caring for people with complex needs requires.

Sue holds the Residential Managers Award and NVQ Level 4 in Care and has completed other numerous courses covering all aspects of caring for the elderly; these ensure that all residents at Buckland Court receive the best care from staff. All staff are encouraged to bring forward innovated ideals so the home is on a continual programme of improvement to enhance lives through environment and best practice.

Sue sets high standards of conduct and performance for herself and her staff. As a result she is proud that every inspection of the homes she has managed, by either the Care Quality Commission or its predecessor - the Commission for Social Care Inspection, has successfully rated them as meeting, or exceeding, the standards of care expected.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Buckland Court